News Article: Jets crash and burn last season as the Wall looks for answers

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Jets crash and burn last season as the Wall looks for answers

PicsArt_08-15-09.07.55.0.jpg

They say the Jets should make the playoffs this season and I agree! :nod:

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...-minnesota-wild-scheifele-laine-trouba-ehlers

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I could see the Jets making the playoffs
I wouldn't be upset if they came close and didn't make in a division like central. We're only going to get better with the young talent we have so

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I dunno, I think losing Ladd is going to be a bit more significant than "not losing anyone".

I agree...but they meant from the end if last season. I think it will be an impact...but I think with Ladd moving on and the addition of youth, speed and skill...at the very least his production will not be missed.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
A lot will have to go right for us in the development of our youth and in the net to give us a good chance at the playoffs next season. I don't think it's a given, even if fans get their way and all of Laine/Connor/Morrissey/Hellebuyck make the team out of training camp we still only took a wildcard spot with 99 points two seasons back. Dallas and Nashville have improved since then, while Chicago, St. Louis, and Minnesota have all stayed competitive. The only team we should plausibly be ahead of is Colorado who have suspect defense and no head coach in mid-August. This all assumes the Pacific hasn't improved enough to take more than 3 playoff spots, if that's the case we have to beat out a team like Minnesota and perhaps St. Louis or Dallas to make the post-season. I think most rational fans would agree those are pretty lofty expectations with so many young players on the team. A key injury or two and we could be right back at 6th or 7th in the division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad