Proposal: Jets/Coyotes

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Before you criticize the proposal(and I guarantee you will) I’m starting this off by saying I know it’s not realistic(and really what Proposal is, especially when it invlolves high qaulity players/prospects). I am no NHL General Manager or Scout and the value is obviously not going to be proportioned the way actual GM’s would see it, so keep in mind this is just a proposal(the offering of an idea, I have not even preferenced if I like the proposal myself), and have fun tearing me to pieces in the comment section:popcorn:

Jets Receive:

Strome
Hjalmarsson
Coyotes 1st Lottery Protected(if it becomes a Top 10 or higher pick, the Jets get both of ARZ’s 2019 and 2020 2nd round picks)

Jets Reasoning:

• They move in the proper direction in fixing the organizational Center depth(or lack there of) by adding a real good Center prospect/ high potential player who could possible compete for 2C as soon as next season(with Little and Roslovic)

• Jets add a real good Defensive Defensemen in Hjalmarsson to the team to help them win now(who will immediately boost the LD)

• They get a high pick or dual 2nd round picks to revive the Right side long term and they will have the option of keeping Myers long term as well

Coyotes Receive:

Trouba
Appleton
Jets 2019 2nd Round Pick

Coyotes Reasoning:

• Coyotes get a RHD Top Pairing Defensmen who can play in any role and excell in it(2 seasons ago it was a Two-way Top heavy scoring role and he finished 6th in P/60 amongst all D-men and this recent season it was a shutdown role as he played tougher minutes and helped his team keep the puck out of the net while still scoring pretty well)

• Coyotes receive a C/RW(Right handed) Prospect who can probably play Top 9 minutes in the NHL by next season and a 2nd Round 2019 pick as well

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Would rather hang onto Strome and give him one more year to see what he can do in a sheltered minutes role at center.

Hjalmarsson I think is a big question mark moving forward as he’s getting up there in age and the miles he’s put on the last few years.

As for the value, it’s off. Trouba is looking for 8M and has one more year left. We can’t afford that and we don’t need to trade our first If its for a 8 million dollar Trouba.

Arizona passes.

Reactions: doaner

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The main issue from a Coyotes perspective is that they’re trading from a position of relative weakness (center) to updgrade a position of relative strength (defense). Picks aside, the Coyotes aren’t really in a great position to downgrade from Strome in order to upgrade from Hjalmarsson.

Reactions: ck26 and doaner

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Would rather hang onto Strome and give him one more year to see what he can do in a sheltered minutes role at center.

Hjalmarsson I think is a big question mark moving forward as he’s getting up there in age and the miles he’s put on the last few years.

As for the value, it’s off. Trouba is looking for 8M and has one more year left. We can’t afford that and we don’t need to trade our first If its for a 8 million dollar Trouba.

Arizona passes.

The 8 million thing is repeated over and over. No where has he or his agent ever said that publicly. Bob McKenzie wrote it so people took it as gospel but he has been wrong many times before. If Troubas agent is trying to get him more than 6 to 6.5 is that what he would ask for.

All negotiations start with extremes (high and low) and work their way to a middle ground. It really doesn’t matter what Trouba wants. He’s an RFA and will only see big dollars if he signs long term.

Correction: Trouba has 2 years left. The 1 year thing is a common misconception.

With the Jets trading Foley last year they will be hesitant to move Appleton who was rookie of the year in the AHL.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
The 8 million thing is repeated over and over. No where has he or his agent ever said that publicly. Bob McKenzie wrote it so people took it as gospel but he has been wrong many times before. If Troubas agent is trying to get him more than 6 to 6.5 is that what he would ask for.

All negotiations start with extremes (high and low) and work their way to a middle ground. It really doesn’t matter what Trouba wants. He’s an RFA and will only see big dollars if he signs long term.

Correction: Trouba has 2 years left. The 1 year thing is a common misconception.

With the Jets trading Foley last year they will be hesitant to move Appleton who was rookie of the year in the AHL.

Fair enough. However, not interested in dealing our first, Strome and Hjalmarsson for Trouba and a kid that hasn’t played at the NHL level.

Reactions: doaner and _Del_

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
From Winnipeg's side, I would think they need a young D coming back in any Trouba deal (aka Chychrun) and for Arizona, I don't think they can deal Strome unless it's to get an upgrade at center

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Fair enough. However, not interested in dealing our first, Strome and Hjalmarsson for Trouba and a kid that hasn’t played at the NHL level.

I wouldn’t advocate this trade in any way. Jets need Trouba and hopefully Appleton can contribute on an ELC contract for the Jets.

I guess these proposals always assume that Trouba won’t sign with the Jets. We’ll know fairly soon as the arbitration dates are pretty soon. He said all the right things this summer about being excited to sign so we’ll see. That doesn’t mean his notorious agent won’t grind out every penny he can.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
How does this help AZ? This is one of the rare cases where they give up waaaay too much quantity for a little bit of quality.

Rusty8719

Feb 21, 2018
Not trade related per se, but I wouldn't give up on a 6'3 center with only 1 professional season under his belt so far. I mean, ppg in the AHL and 35 point pace at the NHL level (small sample size I know) is pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad