Jets Concept

Jets2020

Jul 14, 2018
072318 jets set cj.jpg

Last edited:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
a hockey stick and what is the other thing in the logo? it took me a bit to figure out it was a hockey stick until I looked at the shoulder patch. nice effort but confusing.

Jets2020

Jul 14, 2018
072318 jets.jpg

The red puck/engine was originally blue with white outline, however lost from a distance.

Last edited:

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
This logo is incredibly vague. It just looks like a blob of colour with zero observable characteristics.

These threads about third jerseys are getting sickening. It's a money grab pure and simple. We have already had four jerseys and we really aren't that old of a team. Do the Detroit Red Wings or Montreal Canadiens keep trotting out third jerseys every five years?

Let's just stop these threads and give us all break.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
This logo is incredibly vague. It just looks like a blob of colour with zero observable characteristics.

These threads about third jerseys are getting sickening. It's a money grab pure and simple. We have already had four jerseys and we really aren't that old of a team. Do the Detroit Red Wings or Montreal Canadiens keep trotting out third jerseys every five years?

I won't defend this logo, but 4 jerseys?

We only have 3

Jets2020

Jul 14, 2018

These threads about third jerseys are getting sickening. It's a money grab pure and simple.

Truth is the Jets current logo is uninspiring, and basically clip art... and from what I've read, the design was never meant as a permanent symbol... Thanks for your (minority) opinion of my original abstract work... The concept is well received on sports/hockey logo websites, while most people see and appreciate the unique idea presented.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Truth is the Jets current logo is uninspiring, and basically clip art... and from what I've read, the design was never meant as a permanent symbol... Thanks for your (minority) opinion of my original abstract work... The concept is well received on sports/hockey logo websites, while most people see and appreciate the unique idea presented.

What is it that your logo is inspiring? I think the people on the other sites were just being polite.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
The jersey history:

1. WHA now heritage classic jersey
2. 1979 to 1991
3. 1991 to 1996
4. 2011 to present

Please make it stop......

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I don’t know why some people feel the need to **** all over people who take time to come up with some designs for the team they like. If you don’t like it fair enough but I don’t think you need to be nasty about it.

I think it’s a neat concept myself combining a hockey stick and a puck into something that looks like a concord jet kind of. I think it looks cool. You’d think the people all butt hurt over military imagery would be happy.

I’m not sure that it quite fits into the NHL look and feel but in my view it’s a good effort @Jets2020 ... I think I would like it more if it had the thick bars that are on the sleeves along the bottom of the torso as well as with the 90s jerseys of Jets 1.0

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON

"Sickening"? I get you're a grumpy person, but quit the hyperbole please.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I agree with the other poster. It's visually weak and cluttered. A logo should have a clear outline - e.g. a circle, a letter, an immediately recognizable object like the Sharks logo (which is still stronger in a triangle) or the Patriots logo. The dominant visual aspect of your design is the tail fin of the jet, which is disproportionate to the rest and almost unrecognizable. Also, by making turning the jet like that you get 4 sharp points in an asymmetric shape - again not something visually pleasing like a circle. It looks unbalanced. A jet viewed overhead at least has a cleaner outline and is immediately recognisable.

Even your own description of it as "abstract" is not at all fitting of a sports logo. Can you name a popular sports logo that is best described as "abstract"? Possibly the spaghetti skate, but that's a stretch and it's hardly popular.

Maybe lay off the condescending talk when someone offers a respectful critique. Also, the current logo lacking in execution doesn't make yours better.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I cannot say I am a fan.

The jet has little semblance to an actual jet and is hard to make out. The stick and puck are way out of scale...along with the rest of the jet.

The "Jets" wordmark is too compressed. The "J" is wonky even for a hockey stick. There are too many thick outlines on the wordmark and the truncated right side drives me nuts the way it cuts off.

The striping is uninspired and just a theft from 1.0 so not much to talk about there other that the lack of a hem/waist stripe which I detest on all jerseys.

The numbers are small. From what can be seen.

Not to be a hater or a jerk, you just asked for opinion.

I appreciate the enthusiasm.

Last edited:

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Logo does nothing for me at all. Looks like a goose getting shot with a nerf bullet.

I don't get it. You ask for opinions and the get salty when you get a reply that you don't like? Maybe stick to asking your close friends if you dont want the truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->