Jets @ Blackhawks - Chicago trip

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Anyone headed to Chicago for the Nov.6th game? I'll be there and combining with Bear-Lions on the weekend.

Should be a few of us Jets fans getting together before the game, probably on W Madison near the United Center, so join up!

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
Let us know how it is around the united center. I was in Chicago during the playoffs and wanted to go to a bulls game and get tickets from a scalper. The concierge at my hotel told me not to go to the United Center alone on public transit. He said it can be hard to get a cab afterwards too.

Still kicking myself for not going. I'm from Winnipeg after all.

fatschoonerrat

Jul 6, 2007
Charleston
hockeyfansunion.com
Let us know how it is around the united center. I was in Chicago during the playoffs and wanted to go to a bulls game and get tickets from a scalper. The concierge at my hotel told me not to go to the United Center alone on public transit. He said it can be hard to get a cab afterwards too.

Still kicking myself for not going. I'm from Winnipeg after all.

Getting back on the El does require kind of a weird stroll to the orange/green line. You wouldn't be walking alone. Some other folks would be walking north from the UC. Honestly, if you're just trying to get back to the Loop there are a thousand buses heading straight down Madison. Probably the easiest way back. If you scoot a block or two east, your cab luck will be much better than just waiting by the arena.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
The area near the United Center isn't that bad...definitely nothing compared to a trip down the Red Line to south Chicago, like Englewood. Been to the UC a few times now and never had a problem - there are a few good pubs within walking distance east on Madison (if you like to walk) and its not hard to catch a cab.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad