Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Gonna "Run the Table" now...

Har...

run.gif

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
You got to think they really look long and hard at both Scheif and Wheeler in the off season. We played a really solid road game on back to backs tonight. Granted it was Montreal but they have nothing to lose so they are playing loose. We played the type of game that we just didn't see enough of this year. Closed down the gap and played solid to keep it close and then take the lead.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Honestly don't think we are that far away from truly competing next season with a total overhaul of the coaching staff-bringing in coaches who will implement proper systems and make players accountable. We certainly have shown this season we have depth on D(Heinola, Samberg, Kovacevic and Chisholm have all shown flashes) and I really like the influx of players up front from the trade deadline(Appleton, Barron and Sanford).

If we don't bring back Stastny up front then we should move either Schmidt or Pionk for another offensively inclined forward and maybe bring in someone with some grit, if they can't be one and the same player and we might just do really well.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Subtraction = winning. How about that.

Not as dramatic as the March 1 game, but that was the road trip that was to be expected. Do the same stuff with Seattle on Wednesday (subject to the storm headed our way--I'm really expecting this game to be postponed), and then watch our dreams die in Florida this weekend.

I was wondering about that too.

If the Jets and Seattle play Wednesday and neither team can get out of the city it will affect a lot of games.

Makes more sense to postpone this game and the Jets fly directly to Florida.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
5-0 without Scheifele and Wheeler is great and all but 3 of the wins came from teams below them in the standings, only one of them (Nashville +26) actually has a positive goal differential on the season and the goal differential for the four teams combined have a -97 goal on the season.

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Im not a conspiracy theorist, but if you take Wheelers number and times it by Scheifele's you get 1430.

26 x 55 = 1430.

Add our record without them in the line up.
5-0-0 or 500, and you get...

1430 + 500 = 1930

Now take 1930 and add Perfetti's number 91.

1930 + 91 = 2021

Then add 2 (for the amount of feet in snow were going to get on Wednesday) and what do you get?

Boom. You get 2023!

Which is the year the Jets will win the cup!

I haven't lost my mind... Im not crazy...

1649728693833.gif

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I was wondering about that too.

If the Jets and Seattle play Wednesday and neither team can get out of the city it will affect a lot of games.

Makes more sense to postpone this game and the Jets fly directly to Florida.
Come on guys, this is Winnipeg we're talking about. I remember back in the good old days during Jets 1.0, there was a blizzard game against the New Jersey Devils and the Devils had to use the emergency goaltender (a Winkler Flyer if I recall correctly) as the starter. For some reason their goalie missed the flight or was snowed in somewhere. Anyway, they still got at least 5000 at the old Barn on Maroons Road, but I can't remember if we got goalied or not...:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->