Toronto:
Myers
Bigras
Kichton
2 3rds

Colorado:
Stafford
Rielly

Winnipeg solves its LHD problem, and adds a younger forward to replace Stafford.

Colorado gets a solid young dman to replace Barrie, and a great veteran winger.

Toronto gets younger and bigger on their blue line, along with some other goodies rebuilding teams covet.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Winnipeg:

Gardiner
Landeskog

Toronto:
Myers
Bigras
Kichton
2 3rds

Colorado:
Stafford
Rielly

Winnipeg solves its LHD problem, and adds a younger forward to replace Stafford.

Toronto gets younger and bigger on their blue line, along with some other goodies rebuilding teams covet.

Avs easily say no. Absolutely no interest in giving up Landeskog to a division rival. And the value is also horrible for the Avs. Sure, Rielly is a nice piece, but not if we're giving up Landeskog and Bigras (and I'm assuming a 3rd).

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Winnipeg:

Gardiner
Landeskog

Toronto:
Myers
Bigras
Kichton
2 3rds

Colorado:
Stafford
Rielly

Wow this is such a sweet deal for T.O. Had no Idea Rielly and Gardiner had that much value

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Landeskog and Bigras for Rielly? Easy no.

Winnipeg gets an absolutely ridiculous deal here. This is appalling for Toronto too.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
On behalf of the Jets fans, I apologize for this atrocity. And Flappy, please don't say this is a revenge proposal...

Mad Brills*

I could see a deal where the leafs would give up one of their dmen in this type of deal.

not two.

Mad Brills*

What do you mean "atrocity"? It fits our needs to a T. The other teams fill holes they have and get younger!

the leafs trade proven top 4 guys for a 2nd pairing meh, 2 3rds LOL, and a decent prospect?

I'd think about rielly for that, not both.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Barrie hasn't been traded (yet) and according to Sakic from Denver Post:

“I’d like to do a long-term deal with Tyson. If that doesn’t work out, it’s expected he’ll go to arbitration. Either way, he’ll be here.”

Regardless, Avs wouldn't touch that trade

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Winnipeg:

Gardiner
Landeskog

Toronto:
Myers
Bigras
Kichton
2 3rds

Colorado:
Stafford
Rielly

Pass from Leafs. Rielly is untouchable (within reason).

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
That's awful, awful for the leafs. Not trading Rielly and gards for Myers and pieces.

Rielly and Gardiner have more value than any of the returning pieces and are young enough.

Yep it's atrocious.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Absolutely terrible for the Leafs. We don't need more fringe D at the expense of the guy we have with the best chance to be a franchise defender.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Your forgetting about Stafford, who scored more goals than Landeskog last year.

Stafford, a 30 year old who put up 38 points, earning 4.3 million, and who is a UFA in a year. I'd give you Iginla for him, AKA nothing of any value.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
T.O literally gets scraps. We wouldn't move gardiner straight up for myers so all rielly is worth is bigras, kichton and a pair of 3rds... and it doesn't meet any of our needs and we get horribly worse ....ok

Avs44

May 16, 2011
No way, then our top 4 is:

Engstrom Byfuglien
Gardiner Stuart

Your completely out or your mind if you think that's a possibility.

:laugh: The irony of you saying someone else is out of their mind is amazing. You basically just suggested Toronto trade Morgan Rielly for two 3rd round picks, Bigras, and Kichton. Go sit in the corner mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->