Pre-Game Talk: Jets at Knights May 16 8pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHead

Defence? We don't need no stinking defence!
Mar 15, 2018
Winnipeg
If the Jets can play their game, and not get rattled, I think they'll be fine. Still saying Jets in 6.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Time to bring the Whiteout to the desert!
But think of all the poor cacti... :cool:

snow-cactus.jpg

Go Jets Go!!!

Reactions: macmaroon and folix

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This will be interesting indeed.
I can only think we were a bit on the fatigued side yesterday whereas Vegas was rusty the first game.
I am excited to see this play out.
Most people all year kept waiting for the shoe to drop in Vegas.... it never did.
The boys need to keep up a full effort as Vegas will make you pay if you don’t as we saw yesterday.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This will be interesting indeed.
I can only think we were a bit on the fatigued side yesterday whereas Vegas was rusty the first game.
I am excited to see this play out.
Most people all year kept waiting for the shoe to drop in Vegas.... it never did.
The boys need to keep up a full effort as Vegas will make you pay if you don’t as we saw yesterday.
To be fair, a lot of people kept waiting for the shoe to drop on the Jets as well. 114 points later, it never did.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Dude... I flew all the way to Vancouver because I didn't want to fly Air Canada in order to get to Las Vegas earlier. Slept throughout both flights, and waiting for my buddy to get off work so we can have fun tonight in Sin City. He was nice enough to take time off to pick me up at the airport and drop me off at his place. Super warm out here in Vegas right now, True North needs to cool it down!

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Vegas really keyed on Scheifele, he's going to be getting the Crosby treatment from here on in from the Knights. Time for the supporting cast to step up and start scoring some goals, Chef having more goals than the entire 2nd line has to change for this to keep moving.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't feel that the Jets played all that bad yesterday. They made a few glaring mistakes, but all in all, they got their chances but didn't finish. Bad luck kept the puck out of the net. Fleury was brutal, he was lucky as far as I'm concerned.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I don't feel that the Jets played all that bad yesterday. They made a few glaring mistakes, but all in all, they got their chances but didn't finish. Bad luck kept the puck out of the net. Fleury was brutal, he was lucky as far as I'm concerned.

I agree for the most part, the Jets didn't give up much beyond those glaring giveaways, which were as much self inflicted as created by Vegas. Like I said before, if that's the Knights playing well then I'm still pretty confident.

I wouldn't say Fleury was brutal, but he sure looked behind him more than a few times. A combined two inches and the Jets put up four.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island

Yeah that's kind of how I felt about it too. I didn't turn off the Tv after the game thinking "oh man we're screwed".

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yesterday pregame I predicted the hockey gods might have their say and Vegas would come out ready to go. Dammit I hate it when I am right. I feel like tomorrow night the Jets will show up and have a good game. We need a split in Vegas at a minimum

Reactions: Duke749

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Here's the thing, is the strategy of locking up shop after getting a lead that the Preds and now the Knights have employed, because the Jets can't seem to handle it? Or is it because it's the only chance either of them had of beating the Jets?

It's yielded results so maybe it's semantics but I find it encouraging both teams have been reluctant to run with the Jets, it's pretty much an admission that they can't if they fall behind.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Here's the thing, is the strategy of locking up shop after getting a lead that the Preds and now the Knights have employed, because the Jets can't seem to handle it? Or is it because it's the only chance either of them had of beating the Jets?

It's yielded results so maybe it's semantics but I find it encouraging both teams have been reluctant to run with the Jets, it's pretty much an admission that they can't if they fall behind.

I don't think the Knights locked anything down last night. Jets continued to gain the zone and get chances, just couldn't finish. I didn't feel that last night was in any way like game 4 or 6 versus Nashville besides the score of course. Shots were 12-7 Jets in the 3rd, I think the play reflected the shot total, at least to me anyway.

I'm just not scared of the Knights.

ETA: Knights did clog up the neutral zone a little bit more than they had in Game 1, but I think that was a system adjustment between games versus a score adjustment, if that makes sense.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
ETA: Knights did clog up the neutral zone a little bit more than they had in Game 1, but I think that was a system adjustment between games versus a score adjustment, if that makes sense.

If the Knights do clog up the neutral zone, we have to dump it in and NOT try to stickhandle our way up the ice. And especially if we're changing lines, do NOT have a brain cramp and try to stickhandle through 3 opposing players like Connor tried to do last night.

Reactions: Oilpeg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad