Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 Oilers 4

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
We were dominated and giving up 5 bell chances, so numbers don't tell the whole story. As they often don't. Has Talbot been good enough this year no, was he good enough last night, yes. We were a goal post away from 2 pts, and the OT goal is essentially a breakaway, goalies get beat on that shot all the time. But the hate will blind those who already are done with Cam.

P.S. I'm still a Kosko fan and I think he should be the starter no questions asked over Cam.
If helly didn’t play even worse than Talbot we wouldn’t being say talbot played well. Sure he played better than helly I’ll give you that but he didn’t play good. Like how can you justify a 870 sv and 5 gaa as a good game? He made some big saves but also didn’t save some he should have so that point is nothing.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I can't parse what you're saying here. Who is he? I read this a couple times and can't make sense of it.
Ouch, yeah that made zero sense, sorry. My bad.
Klefbom was talking:
"Well, right... I don't know, I liked Todd and he had nothing to do with us losing. The timing could be discussed, we were just 2 pts out of the playoffs and it's a long season, we could have turned this around with. But now it's Hitch here and I guess we'll just have to do the best we can with the cards given. And we have to use his systems now."
That was the negative one. The following was an interview I think, cannot find it now.

Last edited:

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
You mean that goal that went in off a defender's skate? Maybe Talbot's not using his psychic powers enough.
Not to enter into a debate about the goalies really but it’s funny you mention this goal because I remember thinking at the time about how Koskinen would have had that one. Talbot squeezed to the post to push off for the shot and thus was unbelievably small when it deflected to the net. Koskinen not only has the long legs but he’s incredibly quick using them. I believe he would have kicked that puck out or had it covered being in the butterfly already.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Koskinen let in 4 last game including 2 softies against Rantanen btw and I didn't see any posts like this in the PGT (big fan of Koski btw).

It's so simple to some of you, isn't it?
Opponent doesn't get taken into account, team in front of him doesn't matter, injuries etc.

The fact of the matter is that this was a heavily depleted lineup that was a 20 minute fire drill in front of the goalie in the 3rd against an elite offense that was hungry (41 shot attempts against in the 3rd alone!!!) and he only let up 1 somehow getting them a point. He did let up 2 softies and was shaky even on some of the saves but anybody putting all the blame on Talbot for that game either didn't watch the whole game or has a serious agenda against him.
Two softies??? Show me..

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I defer to what an earlier poster said.

Talbot didn't lose us the game.

But he didn't win it for us either.

It's a sawoff in my mind.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I have to agree with the fragility part of Talbot. One thing I hate about fragile goalies is their body language after goals. If you look after every goal, he has such pathetic body language.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
OK the best quote from the Oilers PGT right after the loss to us in OT where Josh scored.

****ing Morrissey. One Direction looking mother****er.

:laugh:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Watched that ot shot closer, that was actually kind of pathetic. Wasn't that hard of a shot...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->