Jets 3rd Jersey Question

teeks643

Feb 2, 2010
Does anyone know if/when the Jets are planning to unveil a 3rd jersey? I definitely would have thought that by year 5 we would have one by now.

I'm looking to buy a new jersey and if a 3rd is just around the corner I would most likely wait. But if there is no word of anything new coming along I'll just go with what we have now.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I always thought it would be cool to have a "stealth" jersey. Dark grey with light grey and white accents to make the numbers and names visible. Maybe a smartbomb for a crest.

Anyone here ever designed a jersey? For fun or maybe for your beer league team? If so, would I be better off using illustrator or photoshop?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Mark Chipman said it would be done in conjunction with an outdoor game which will be next season.

In the interview I heard (JetsTV Fan Fest 2014) he said it would be done in conjunction with the team's fifth season. I suspect that we would have heard something by now though, and they likely decided to hold off when the Bombers sabotaged the outdoor game.

Seems like a crazy decision though. The Jets could sell a million third jerseys this year and come out with another heritage jersey for the outdoor game and sell a million of those too.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It would have happened this year if the outdoor game had happened like it was supposed to. Next year now.

BTW Reebok is owned by Adidas.

Last edited:

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I always thought it would be cool to have a "stealth" jersey. Dark grey with light grey and white accents to make the numbers and names visible. Maybe a smartbomb for a crest.

Anyone here ever designed a jersey? For fun or maybe for your beer league team? If so, would I be better off using illustrator or photoshop?

I design logos and jerseys as a hobby - I'm not an expert by any stretch. But I've designed some logos and jerseys for my own teams and for friends teams.

Illustrator is best used for making vector graphics. That means it's great for designing logos that can be resized into any real size. Most places that make jerseys for beer league teams ask for a vector image of your logo, or they charge you a setup fee to create one. (You can always convert raster to vector for free using vectormagic.com.

Photoshop is for making great raster images. It's extremely versatile and powerful. If you're using an existing logo (like the Jets) then you're better off using photoshop to design jerseys.

Both programs have a bit of a learning curve. Photoshop is probably more intuitive, IMO.

Both programs are expensive too! Consider using GIMP, a free alternative to photoshop.

Here's a Jets 3rd jersey inspired by the Whiteout that I made last season:

I made that with GIMP.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
It would have happened this year if the outdoor game had happened like it was supposed to. Next year now.

BTW Reebok is owned by Adidas.

Yes but it is being reported that with the new contract given to Adidas,
they will go for a more Adidas look. 3 stripe rumours.

wpglax

Mar 8, 2012
Winnipeg, MB

Adidas contract is still just a rumor. Nothing has been signed, and nothing is official. Until the NHL themselves make a statement, take what you hear as hearsay.

And like Aavco said, Adidas owns Reebok. Could just be a matter of them changing the Reebok to Adidas on the jerseys themselves, much like they have done in the CHL and AHL with Reebok to CCM.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

so the reebok patch thats on the jersey will change to this one?

150px-Logo_brand_Adidas.png

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
Adidas contract is still just a rumor. Nothing has been signed, and nothing is official. Until the NHL themselves make a statement, take what you hear as hearsay.

And like Aavco said, Adidas owns Reebok. Could just be a matter of them changing the Reebok to Adidas on the jerseys themselves, much like they have done in the CHL and AHL with Reebok to CCM.

It sounds like there's going to be an announcement today/
Adidas does own reebok, but there is still a difference. Jordan just announced their deal with Michigan football, they're owned by Nike. I would imagine its a different team of designers.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

Not a rumour from TSN in August.

he National Hockey League appears poised for radical changes to its team jerseys in the wake of a deal that may pave the way for advertising on team uniforms.
Adidas has won a long-term deal to make uniforms for the 30 NHL teams, beginning in the 2017-18 season.
Adidas takes over from its corporate cousin Reebok, a sports brand owned by Adidas.
For Adidas, the NHL deal is a big, if curious, win. The company beat out rivals Under Armour and Bauer Hockey for the NHL jersey contract, three people familiar with the matter told TSN. The NHL’s deal with Reebok pays the league about $35 million per season, a source said. The new deal with Adidas will see the rights fee double, the source said.
Both the NHL and Adidas declined to comment. A source said the agreement would be formally announced in mid-September. It's unclear whether the NHL will receive a cut of revenue from jersey sales or if it's a straight rights-fee arrangement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad