Jessiman?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
There was some optimism at the beginning of the season that he might actually be able to live up to (some) of his original potential, but it seems he's now headed for another season of AHL mediocrity.

Anyone seen anything in his games to suggest he might actually make the big club in the next year or two, and if so, where do you see him fittin in?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
200 views and nobody's seen anything worth commenting about? I saw him play a couple of weeks ago and was indifferent to his play, he doesn't seem to be progressing like many, including myself, had thought after watching his first few games....

nobody has any comments?

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I've noticed that people either don't respond or respond sarcastically to my posts in this forum (i.e. my post on who had the better offensive upside, James Sheppard or Chris Stewart). Are all new posters treated like this or am I asking particularly stupid/inapropriate questions?

SanJoseCanadiens

Aug 16, 2006
I think 95% of us who ckeck this post are more clueless about Jessiman than you...never seen the guy, heard about him for years, and wondering if hell ever work out for new york...no slite(ght) at all (at least, I dont think)...I check a lot of these posts cause Im interested, not cause I know anything...

although...I do have to say...nobody replied to a lot of my early posts either...maybe their is a prospect posting board aristocracy...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Ive watched him the past 2 season...he was below average as an AHLer last year....he was sent to the ECHL where he averaged a point a game...this year he is DEFINTLELY better in the AHL then last year. He is getting better, but its taking time. This is a telling year about the kid....lets see how he does the rest of the season before we label him things (lets not forget he was a project from his draft year...its going to take time for him to develop into what he is projected to...that's of course if he does)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Not only are the new rules a big disadvantage for a kid Jessimans size, Hugh also seems a bit overwhelmed by all this 1st round pick stuff.

I remember some comments from Hugh this summer, when he and Shanahan worked out at the same place. Hugh also looked at old tapes of Shanny ect. Anyway he said something like "aha now I know what the game is about".

Now I have seen him in college, where he played a good game. But he just haven't gotten into situations where he have been pressured, and in thoose situations where he haven't been pressured, he haven't even dominated.

Jessimans game can be compared to a garbagetruck-driver beeing asked to jump into a Formula 1 race.

Though I haven't seen him so far in the AHL this year.

Skroob*

he is a Power forward, and they take time to develop, often not till mid-20s.

Patience.

kblanch1

Mar 3, 2002
Manchester, CT
Visit site
Jessiman

Unfortunately, the Wolf Pack aren't playing particularly well at the start of this season. Jessiman is no exception. For the most part, the games that I have seen him play in (about 4 this season) he has been invisible. Not a good thing for a power forward type of player.

The good news is...he is young and the Rangers can take their time developing him. He just doesn't seem to put himself in position to score...and hasn't shown the greatest of hands when he has had the chance. Also...I think the Rangers would like to see him pick up his physical play more...which he has started to do. Defensively he has been fine, however. He hasn't been a complete bust...but I'm sure they had hoped for more than 4 pts in his first 11 games this season.

We'll see...he is a great kid, and I really hope he works hard to get to the next level.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
havent seen Jessiman yet this year, allthou I will when Hartford visits Manchester. But I saw him last year and he really struggled with the pro game. Probably too early to call him a bust, but I would have to say if he doesnt start go "get it" by the end of this year the writing may start being put on the wall.

Seguin19

Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
I dont think he was able to bring his game to the next level. The frustration that many prospects have. They expect it to come as easily as it did in the college levels. This is where work ethic comes into play.

He is a 4th liner at best if you ask me. He missed his window.

cjmurph

Aug 2, 2005
Assets: Picking apples, getting items off the top shelf for old ladies at the supermarket, goofy play on words for a nickname.

Flaws: Playing hockey.

Career Potential: The Washington Generals are always looking for tall, uncoordinated white guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->