Online Series: Jessica Jones season 2

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
It doesn't help either that every time she talks all I can hear is the Crocodile Dundee level Aussie accent she's covering up (badly).

I noticed that too. It must be a thing with Australian actresses because it's easy to spot with Alice Eve too and I even noticed it with Lucy Lawless when she was on Parks & Rec.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
8 episodes in and not liking it nearly as much as season 1 so far.
Just reached this point in the series as well but I'm finding it a lot more interesting

Maybe it's just me but I find "mind control" plots too easy (borderline lazy) and extremely frustrating

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I didn't like this season. I put it on par with LC (if this was a full season of Cottonmouth it would have been much better) and the Defenders but better than the Iron Fist abortion. Both DD seasons and season 1 were better.

Spoilers in white below, not sure how to spoiler tag on the new site.

Not sure if was the lack of a true villain or what, but I was very meh watching this. Didn't help that Trish was insufferable this season (At least we got a Hellcat tease at the end) and I think I enjoyed Malcolm more as a junkie. Hogaerth's side story wasn't needed either, IMO. Let her do the lawyer thing and that's it. I don't care about her ALS, coke and hooker parties, or getting conned. The whole thing just felt like a vehicle for Malcolm to prove himself at the end

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Interesting how a number of people here didn't like the second season. I actually liked it because of the delved deeper into Jessica's psyche and how the transformation that gave her the powers she has messed with her mind along with losing her family.

So ya not your typical season of a comic book based show but I have come to expect some differences with these Netflix shows.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Finished this season and it really helps my insomnia so boring makes me sleepy

My wife only finished half the episodes we watched, she would fall asleep with about 20 mins to go and I would have to tell her what happened in the morning. The second half season 2 was hard even for me to stay up lol

Interesting how a number of people here didn't like the second season. I actually liked it because of the delved deeper into Jessica's psyche and how the transformation that gave her the powers she has messed with her mind along with losing her family.

So ya not your typical season of a comic book based show but I have come to expect some differences with these Netflix shows.

I personally thought season 2 started off a lot better than season one, I thought it was going to one of the better Marvel shows on netflix..... then the second half just fell off a cliff IMO, it just got boring to me. By the end of this season I did not really care what happened to any of the characters at all, well maybe Malcolm.

Reactions: Hypernova

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
My wife only finished half the episodes we watched, she would fall asleep with about 20 mins to go and I would have to tell her what happened in the morning. The second half season 2 was hard even for me to stay up lol

I personally thought season 2 started off a lot better than season one, I thought it was going to one of the better Marvel shows on netflix..... then the second half just fell off a cliff IMO, it just got boring to me. By the end of this season I did not really care what happened to any of the characters at all, well maybe Malcolm.

It will be interesting to see where season two goes and if they do turn Trish into Hellcat etc. Also we see Jessica going from unwilling hero to still reluctant but more willing to help out in situations she would avoid in the past.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Has a season 3 been announced?

I can't imagine these shows keep going for much longer. I would love to know the viewing numbers on them.

I watched all of DDs1, DDs2, and JJs1, watched about 4 episodes of Luke Cage, skipped Iron Fist entirely, watched about 4 episodes of The Defenders, and haven't even added Punisher or JJs2 to my watch list. I don't imagine I am much of outlier in this trend.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

I can't imagine these shows keep going for much longer. I would love to know the viewing numbers on them.

I watched all of DDs1, DDs2, and JJs1, watched about 4 episodes of Luke Cage, skipped Iron Fist entirely, watched about 4 episodes of The Defenders, and haven't even added Punisher or JJs2 to my watch list. I don't imagine I am much of outlier in this trend.
They will keep going for some time. DD season 3 is already taping I believe and Luke Cage (also taping) along with Iron Fist and Punisher have all gotten a second season. After that who knows. I have read that it's likely JJ will get a third season.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
SeriesSeasonEpisodesOriginally releasedShowrunner(s)Status
Marvel's Daredevil113April 10, 2015 (2015-04-10)Steven S. DeKnight[76]Released
213March 18, 2016 (2016-03-18)Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez[77]
3TBA2018 (2018)[78]Erik Oleson[78]Filming
Marvel's Jessica Jones113November 20, 2015 (2015-11-20)Melissa Rosenberg[79]Released
213March 8, 2018 (2018-03-08)
Marvel's Luke Cage113September 30, 2016 (2016-09-30)Cheo Hodari Coker[80]
213[81]June 22, 2018 (2018-06-22)[82]Preparing for release
Marvel's Iron Fist113March 17, 2017 (2017-03-17)Scott Buck[83]Released
2[84]TBATBARaven Metzner[85]Filming
Marvel's The Defenders18August 18, 2017 (2017-08-18)Marco Ramirez[86]Released
Marvel's The Punisher113November 17, 2017 (2017-11-17)Steve Lightfoot[87]
2[88]TBATBAFilming
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I fell asleep a lot during this season as well. The lack of a proper villain was not helpful at all. Clearly the weakest of the Marvel Netflix series (about 6½ or 7-) but... I now know and care more about Jessica Jones because we know how/why her life's been so shitty. Such a sad story. If you didn't feel for her during that scene in the final episode... Good work from Krystin Ritter. If/when there's a 3rd season, I hope there's better story and that Jessica gets to be a little happier.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

You should watch The Punisher. It rivals DD S1. I think I like it better.

Jon Bernthal, man.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
You should watch The Punisher. It rivals DD S1. I think I like it better.

Jon Bernthal, man.
I've found myself to be in the minority, but I found watching the Punisher to be torture. Slow burn, barely any action to speak of. Maybe a good show in its own right, but when you expect the Punisher from DD S3, I found myself very let down.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I just finished this after. After watching daredevil I thought I’d go back and watch this and maybe the other ones.

Super boring. The backstory parts are great but the present day scenes are garbage. No villain. Trish’s stuff is beyond dumb. So tired of her and her mom. The Jerry scenes were great imo but they really didn’t connect to the main story at all after the first few episodes.

The romance with that guy and Jessica just felt so forced. That character is calm and collected and beyond boring. I didn’t even remember his name if that says anything. Whoever directs this needs to watch daredevil a few times over. The scenes in daredevil are suspense filled and shot interestingly. Jessica Jones scenes feels like you’re just going through the motions. They could’ve done the 13 episodes in 8-10.

Probably won’t be watching season 3 if it does come out. Between this, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and the Defenders all being pretty bad, I’ll probabky stick to Daredevil exclusively. Haven’t watched punisher yet though, heard that is pretty good.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't get it either. The greatest thing for TV was when shows started having these smaller seasons. The quality gets so much better and there is less filler to drag on the plot.

But then less money is made. The point isn't to tell good stories.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I just finished this after. After watching daredevil I thought I’d go back and watch this and maybe the other ones.

Super boring. The backstory parts are great but the present day scenes are garbage. No villain. Trish’s stuff is beyond dumb. So tired of her and her mom. The Jerry scenes were great imo but they really didn’t connect to the main story at all after the first few episodes.

The romance with that guy and Jessica just felt so forced. That character is calm and collected and beyond boring. I didn’t even remember his name if that says anything. Whoever directs this needs to watch daredevil a few times over. The scenes in daredevil are suspense filled and shot interestingly. Jessica Jones scenes feels like you’re just going through the motions. They could’ve done the 13 episodes in 8-10.

Probably won’t be watching season 3 if it does come out. Between this, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and the Defenders all being pretty bad, I’ll probabky stick to Daredevil exclusively. Haven’t watched punisher yet though, heard that is pretty good.

Pretty much every episode of each series is directed by a different person. Sure, there may be some directors doing more than one episode but rarely two consecutive.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
You can say that about virtually every Marvel property on Netflix.

I'm not sure what the 13 episode obsession is.

it has to do with marvel and licensing.

It is being suggested that Netflix wanted to reduce both Iron fist and cage to 8 episodes but Marvel wanted the same money regardless of how many shows they did and netlfix said no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad