Online Series: Jessica Jones season 2

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
First trailer though the show does not drop until March.

Little dig at Spider-Man at the end. Would be so cool if one day Spider-Man did make an appearance with the Defenders since they are all in the same city and all and supposed to be more street level heroes.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems Killgrave is still there but not in physical form.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
So now it's PTSD of Purple Man haunting her and also how she became a super heroine of sorts. any idea on a villain?

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Thought season 1 was boring, aside from Killgrave. Didn't find Ritter did a good job in it, but she was better in The Defenders

Reactions: H3ckt1k

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyone else started in on this yet?

I just finished episode 6. It's a slow build so far as with pretty much all the Marvel Netflix stuff. But I think its doing some really solid story telling and character development so far.

Pretty big plot point at the end of episode 6 that I suspect is setting up for a much quicker moving 2nd half of the season and more action.

Enjoying it a lot so far(Obviously considering I've already watched 6 episodes lol).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I checked out of Netflix Marvel stuff a while ago. Never even gave Iron Fist a chance; watched about 4 episodes of The Defenders before getting bored. Haven't even looked at The Punisher yet.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Just finished it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not quite as good as season 1, but definitely a sign of marvel getting back on track after Iron Fist and The Defenders. Of course The Punisher was also brilliant.

Some really fantastic acting performances and some good writing as well.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I checked out of Netflix Marvel stuff a while ago. Never even gave Iron Fist a chance; watched about 4 episodes of The Defenders before getting bored. Haven't even looked at The Punisher yet.
You should probably look at the Punisher. I skipped Luke Cage iron fist and the defenders and really enjoyed it.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Good season; 1st season is much better imo. Overall good performances, and an engaging story when it stays focused and doesn't veer to pointless subplots. Ritter as JJ is just as great as season 1. I have to say this though, Trish Walker is easily my least favourite character in the whole netflix series. She is just absolutely annoying, inconsistently written, and just a plain *****. I enjoyed the performance but she is just an aggravating character. Also when Kilgrave comes in, it really hangs a cloud over everything else because Tennant just STEALS the spotlight. I honestly wish season 1 ended differently, I understand the story needed it but I just wish it didn't have to.

If I had to rank the netflix series by seasons it would be

-Daredevil season 1
-Jessica Jones season 1
-DD season 2
-Luke Cage season 1/JJ season 2
-Defenders season 1

---------the marianas trench-----
-Iron Fist season 1

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm only like 6 episodes in at this point, but the whole Trish subplot seems pointlessly dumb. Like they couldn't figure out a better way to keep her quasi-relevant to the story so they did this. And I can't really imagine anywhere that it could go from here to the end of the season that will a) be satisfying and b) not feel like it was awkwardly crammed into the rest of the story even though it doesn't really have a damn thing to do with anything significant.

It doesn't help either that every time she talks all I can hear is the Crocodile Dundee level Aussie accent she's covering up (badly).

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I've got two episodes left and I have to say, without seeing The Punisher yet, this season has solidified JJ as my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows. They have done a masterful job going into the backstories of Jessica (And Trish) and after watching episodes like episode 7 and 11, the way this season has come together has been great. I also love those little easter eggs, like:

Jessica sitting with Trish watching the movie in Episode 7 as a call back to episode 1, or finding out that the monster who attacked Jessica was actually her mother.

It was also great to see Kilgrave back. It is interesting. I wouldn't say this season had a villain like Kilgrave from season 1, but if there was a villain, it might have just been Jessica's past and how it still haunts her. Episode 11 really did bring this out in more ways than one.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That ending was kind of stupid. Not for the main plot thread resolution (though the how of it was particularly dumb), but for all the stuff that we see after that point. And Trish is now basically the worst, dumbest character in the show and I don't see a reasonable way to redeem her.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Finished season 2. Really enjoyed this season. I actually don’t hate Trish as much as I guess fandom does. The character development this season was really great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad