Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 9: 98 NO MORE! JERSEY NUMBER NERDS REJOICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
I've never seen a player in Liiga be so lost and at the same time somehow get lucky points all the time, he's forrest gump of hockey.

I went to the sauna and missed the end of the game so I didn't see Pulju's OT winning goal, but in many games Pulju has rather been unlucky with collecting points. Today he created some great chances again and the guys in the broadcast talked about Pulju being unlucky and showing some signs of frustration after he'd created so many chances with no results.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I went to the sauna and missed the end of the game so I didn't see Pulju's OT winning goal, but in many games Pulju has rather been unlucky with collecting points. Today he created some great chances again and the guys in the broadcast talked about Pulju being unlucky and showing some signs of frustration after he'd created so many chances with no results.
One thing JP needs to work on is his mental game AKA confidence. When he doesn’t score points, he gets down on himself too much and that results in poor play. It’s how Satan was in the NHL

Mara

May 10, 2011
This guy.. is one of the strangest players I have ever witnessed. It's like he has no sense of self whatsoever and every inch of his being comes from the way he performed on the ice 5 seconds ago. He's been having a tough time, not scoring points and he's really made sure everyone knows it through his gestures. Blinking his eyes like crazy, looking down etc... On the other hand, when he just scored the winning goal he was on cloud nine. Ever since his contract was announced his play changed and he's been avoiding injury, or so it seems. But he's also had a ton of chances and just couldn't convert. Maybe those two things are connected but it's still really weird to witness. It most certainly won't do well for his mindset for Edmonton, though I hope that's not the case. On the other hand, Finland has had multiple "NHL" loans this season and they've shown that it's not THAT easy to be a dominant player in the league. Someone like Arttu Ruotsalainen is dominating, while Jesperi Kotkaniemi is having a difficult time. I honestly can't tell what's going on with Jesse at this point. Did he suddenly start sucking or did the contract make him cautious.

Reactions: Aerrol

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
This guy.. is one of the strangest players I have ever witnessed. It's like he has no sense of self whatsoever and every inch of his being comes from the way he performed on the ice 5 seconds ago. He's been having a tough time, not scoring points and he's really made sure everyone knows it through his gestures. Blinking his eyes like crazy, looking down etc... On the other hand, when he just scored the winning goal he was on cloud nine. Ever since his contract was announced his play changed and he's been avoiding injury, or so it seems. But he's also had a ton of chances and just couldn't convert. Maybe those two things are connected but it's still really weird to witness. It most certainly won't do well for his mindset for Edmonton, though I hope that's not the case. On the other hand, Finland has had multiple "NHL" loans this season and they've shown that it's not THAT easy to be a dominant player in the league. Someone like Arttu Ruotsalainen is dominating, while Jesperi Kotkaniemi is having a difficult time. I honestly can't tell what's going on with Jesse at this point. Did he suddenly start sucking or did the contract make him cautious.

Well Kotkaniemi is getting it going.
It is quite natural to have some time to adjust diffrent hockey, team after summer with No practises with team.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Not sure about his "issues" at the moment but most young players struggle and especially ones that consider themselves scorers. Eberle could look found right awful for stretches when he got into his own head.

Somewhat related but... is it just me or could a lot of his puck handling problems be solved with a shorter stick? I think it's been mentioned before but sometimes I watch him and think his stick is about a foot too long.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Somewhat related but... is it just me or could a lot of his puck handling problems be solved with a shorter stick? I think it's been mentioned before but sometimes I watch him and think his stick is about a foot too long.
The length of his stick reminds of a tightrope act, any shorter and he’d probably fall on his face.

Reactions: LTIR

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I don't remember him holding onto the puck that long without him losing it.

(I'm kidding, please don't attack me everyone)

tenor.gif

Reactions: Senor Catface

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

He hs some skills and hockeyhans in him, but unfortunally doesnt have the head. He seems to be both low in confidence, and mental level. You could call it life unexperied.

He could be teo thibgs, either a 3rf or 4th line winger - or a 30 - 35 goalscorer, yes goalscorer. Norhing else. And Nothing inbetween

GOilers88

Fer Da
Dec 24, 2016
I was half expecting him to explode into the corner after it batted off his stick.:sarcasm:
I've never understood the practice of restricting the like button. The only one it's hurting right now is you:laugh:

Edit: Quoted the wrong post to boot but this one is pretty worthy too lol

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Imagine the taunting opportunities possible if your opponent is ASS.

Kind of like Calgary Flames to me..

;)

Disclaimer; this is a joke, meant to be funny. See the smiley grin?

A rare quoting of my own post but sure no signs of any humor persisting here that a Team named ASS gets no laughs. Realizing its some sort of abbreviation, but..

Yeah, in English you wouldn't abbreviate to that. heh

Reactions: NoSavesFromKosko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->