Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 9: 98 NO MORE! JERSEY NUMBER NERDS REJOICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Jim matheson everyone....
upload_2021-1-7_15-30-9.jpeg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The kid never compared himself to Gretz or Connor, he chose his birth year like so many others have done before him. He didn't try and wear 66 like Ho-Sang did or ask for 99 to be taken down from the rafters so that he could use it (you'd think that was the case the way that Matheson bitched about it), wearing 66 IMO was disrespectful and asking for a shit tom of pressure. People are too f***ing sensitive and judgemental (heavy emphasis on the mental part :) ).

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
@oobga

Can you believe that an 8 turned sideways is infinity? Like that’s way higher than 99 and shows the supreme amount of disrespect for the Great One! In fact, because Great rhymes with 8, we shouldn’t even say that number. Plus he was the One so we can’t have anything with a 1 or 8 or combination if those two. Shit. Now we can’t use 2 either.

That ramble was brought to you by “Jim logic”

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Pretty funny. I don’t agree with retiring numbers. Isn’t it about the team? So one degree of three degrees makes no difference to me.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Nice rebound goal by Pulju in scrimmage, got some cheers, tied the game with goaltender pulled. He cloaked into position just to side of net for rebound, was in the right spot.

Good to hear.

Who else looked good today?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good to hear.

Who else looked good today?

McD. heh

tbh it was hard to recognize most of the players in the stream. They were just in plains, no numbers, just blue and white teams. Other than some of the distinctive skating styles of Drai, Nuge, McD, Yama, Bear, or the size of Pulju, it was hard to tell the players. All of those looked good, although Drai easing into it with on a 2-3 assists in a 3-2 scrimmage. ;)

McD scored 2 goals blowing everybody on the ice up. One of them I laughed at, the OT winner. Its like McD just decided, well, lets end this now.

Reactions: snipes and Whyme

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I always figured JP's 98 was more about a McDavid comparison than a Gretzky one. Not that he was on his level, but that he would be an important winger on the team.

The new number is all about his rebirth as an Oiler. I don't like muddying that up by implying his previous number was disrespectful. That's not what the change was about at all.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
How dare JP wear 13.

9 - 8 = 1. That is 3 numbers. 1 is the first digit and the 3 is the second digit and that is his new number 13. So he’s still sporting 98. Gretzky wore 99. McDavid wears 97. So he thinks he’s better than McDavid and nearly as good as Gretzky.

D05D2778-A353-4FD2-BBCC-3AC36B44B7EF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad