Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 9: 98 NO MORE! JERSEY NUMBER NERDS REJOICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
There's one

hahaha there isn’t a single poster here who believed that Jesse’s English wasnt an issue. But it’s pretty clear where you want to take this. Must be hard for you to see a Pujujarvi thread with so much positivity and everyone getting along. I was wondering when you’d show up and let some hate flow.

Reactions: Oilhawks

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Why is #98 a terrible number? Are #97 and #93 similarly terrible?

Apparently the Jim Matheson limit is you can't be within 1 of the great one. I pity the fool that tries to wear 100 for our team.

...I think we're gonna be watching a strange mental decline of old Jim over the next years. His hot takes are getting stranger and stranger.

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
hahaha there isn’t a single poster here who believed that Jesse’s English wasnt an issue. But it’s pretty clear where you want to take this. Must be hard for you to see a Pujujarvi thread with so much positivity and everyone getting along. I was wondering when you’d show up and let some hate flow.

There you go doing your narrative thing again. Yes, more than a few people dismissed his language as a non issue, despite management telling us it was.
Also, I've always maintained my fact based stance on the issue. Unfortunately you can't interpret or handle posts like that and need to cast it as hate rhetoric.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
There you go doing your narrative thing again. Yes, more than a few people dismissed his language as a non issue, despite management telling us it was.
Also, I've always maintained my fact based stance on the issue. Unfortunately you can't interpret or handle posts like that and need to cast it as hate rhetoric.

“fact based stance” :laugh::laugh:

man I wish we still had the old “whatever” smiley.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
"My English is better, and my communication with the coaches and players is different. You speak better, you play better," Puljujarvi said.

LOL to those who only blamed TMac, and attacked us that knew English and his attitude was the problem. You know who you are!!
Feels good to be proven right

Reporter:" Hey Jesse, did you work on English this summer?"
JP: "No"

Doesn’t mean TMac wasn’t a mediocre coach.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

I’m glad the big lady sang on that chapter. Out coached on so many nights. For being a “players coach” they sure didn’t seem to like him.

937FCE3B-C9FD-44A2-B962-D979F2A32E4F.gif

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I’m glad the big lady sang on that chapter. Out coached on so many nights. For being a “players coach” they sure didn’t seem to like him.

View attachment 382523

Saw that McLellan was already sending messages to AA via the media like he did with our players. About how he expects to get a hungry player in AA that will be committed to playing a good defensive game. lol. Have fun AA.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

No. No it doesn't. But I'm sure his relationship with him soured pretty quickly when he had him showing up to camp unprepared.
Some people acted as if mngt gave these guys no direction. But we know that's bs based on player comments like Bouch, Looch and Maroon who told us they were well tasked w things they needed to do.
Now imagine Tmac on year 2 dealing w JP who made no effort to improve on things he was clearly briefed on?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
“fact based stance” :laugh::laugh:

man I wish we still had the old “whatever” smiley.

Pretty much most of my posts included links and quotes. That's called sourcing fyi

Although i do recall you saying in a GDT that after JP scored a rare slot goal...you claimed he has been working hard on that exact play in practice:laugh::laugh:. How's that for a fact?

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He also thinks leaving when you dont have a contract is quitting on the team.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He also thinks leaving when you dont have a contract is quitting on the team.
I give huge props to the posters who are willing to give JP a second chance. It’s unfortunate that a select few are trying to paint themselves as victims while acting as if a player, who was a free agent, somehow personally harmed them. When in reality him going to play in Finland for a year was probably the best case for all the parties involved.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I give huge props to the posters who are willing to give JP a second chance. It’s unfortunate that a select few are trying to paint themselves as victims while acting as if a player, who was a free agent, somehow personally harmed them. When in reality him going to play in Finland for a year was probably the best case for all the parties involved.
Some of them act like puljujarvi killed their dog or something, when him going to Finland to work on his game was the best for the team and the player.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Pretty much most of my posts included links and quotes. That's called sourcing fyi

Although i do recall you saying in a GDT that after JP scored a rare slot goal...you claimed he has been working hard on that exact play in practice:laugh::laugh:. How's that for a fact?

well you’re misquoting me...and most of JP’s goals have come from the slot in his career so I’m not sure where you’re trying to go with that. But I do remember that particular goal, I also remember that I linked a quote where it was said he had been working on that type of play and trying to better position himself to receive passes.

really weird that you would try to come at me for a two year old post I made that used “sourcing” to back up my post...especially after you awkwardly pump your own tires for pretty much sometimes including links and quotes lol.

maybe take some time off and come back to this thread if JP doesn’t dominate in his first game so you can brag about how you knew he sucks and always hated the player then? You’re only making yourself look bad worse now, which is quite the feat.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
well you’re misquoting me...and most of JP’s goals have come from the slot in his career so I’m not sure where you’re trying to go with that. But I do remember that particular goal, I also remember that I linked a quote where it was said he had been working on that type of play and trying to better position himself to receive passes.

really weird that you would try to come at me for a two year old post I made that used “sourcing” to back up my post...especially after you awkwardly pump your own tires for pretty much sometimes including links and quotes lol.

maybe take some time off and come back to this thread if JP doesn’t dominate in his first game so you can brag about how you knew he sucks and always hated the player then? You’re only making yourself look bad worse now, which is quite the feat.

Let's be clear. You didn't link jack in that post. It was a play where Jujar hockey was shielding the puck on a cycle and JP abandoned one of his bagilion assignments and confused his teamates, to support him down low on the cycle. JJ looked down low and nobody was there. What resulted was JJ getting doubled teamed and only by a great play(one of few) he was able to fend off 2 guys and find JP in the circles.

IT WAS BEFORE THE FOLLOWING GAME where JP and JJ worked on that in practice, and the media talked about it and JP , and the coach commented on it...but they never connected on it again. After that initial goal the media tried to link some sort of chemistry between JP and JJ and the coach talked about how b/c it worked JP should try and go to those areas more. What resulted was JP defaulting to that spot WAY too much, blowing more assignments, despite what was happening on the ice

That is a fact...and you didn't link nothing!! All that info came after the game. You literally made that up on the spot

Last edited:

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
dim Jim losin it.

The only reason why I can surmise he wrote this is because of Xenophobia. Crap like this needs to stop and reinforces my opinion that the PHWA should not be allowed to vote for NHL Awards.

Reactions: Aerchon

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Let's be clear. You didn't link jack in that post. It was a play where Jujar hockey was shielding the puck on a cycle and JP abandoned one of his bagilion assignments and confused his teamates, to support him down low on the cycle. JJ looked down low and nobody was there. What resulted was JJ getting doubled teamed and only by a great play(one of few) he was able to fend off 2 guys and find JP in the circles.

IT WAS BEFORE THE FOLLOWING GAME where JP and JJ worked on that in practice, and the media talked about it and JP , and the coach commented on it...but they never connected on it again. After that initial goal the media tried to link some sort of chemistry between JP and JJ and the coach talked about how b/c it worked JP should try and go to those areas more. What resulted was JP defaulting to that spot WAY too much, blowing more assignments, despite what was happening on the ice

That is a fact...and you didn't link nothing!! All that info came after the game. You literally made that up on the spot

you’re definitely the expert of making things up on the spot...you should really stop. You’re just embarrassing yourself here.

you can DM me is you want. All you’re managing to do is completely derail a good thread. I’m not going to reply to your trash here anymore.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The only reason why I can surmise he wrote this is because of Xenophobia. Crap like this needs to stop and reinforces my opinion that the PHWA should not be allowed to vote for NHL Awards.

I must agree there is something more to this than a number or click bait. The guy has been in media too long to go off publicly about something so far fetched. He has an agenda or spoke with simple malice.

He is a nothing media guy tho at the tail end of a nothing career, it will probably just get ignored like the rest of his stuff.

Reactions: RattsSSV

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
you’re definitely the expert of making things up on the spot...you should really stop. You’re just embarrassing yourself here.

you can DM me is you want. All you’re managing to do is completely derail a good thread. I’m not going to reply to your trash here anymore.

What? No pleading to mods this time to get people banned from a thread b/c you don't like it?

Anyway, full props to JP on his last few interviews where he has come out and taken full responsibility for his decisions thus far. Despite your ill posts on the matter, his quotes the last few months shows he's big enough to admit he was wrong

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Some of them act like puljujarvi killed their dog or something, when him going to Finland to work on his game was the best for the team and the player.
It’s cool to see that people (almost all) are willing to give the guy a second chance, most realizing that he was very young, had poor guidance, and likely wasn’t ready for the pressures of the NHL. Shows a lot about a persons character when they are able to leave mistakes in the past and move forward instead of being petty and filled with hate for someone who has really had zero effect on their own life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad