Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 10: Connor's RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Who exactly is asking for JP being taken off McDavids line? He's been fantastic. 4 goals in the last 6 games.
Sad that some posters would want to see him demoted for playing well even if it means the team would suffer because of it. They care more about their years of shitting on Puljujarvi looking correct than they do about anything else. If anyone is over dramatic it’s the few posters who just can’t vet their hate for Puljujarvi out of their system.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Sad that some posters would want to see him demoted for playing well even if it means the team would suffer because of it. They care more about their years of shitting on Puljujarvi looking correct than they do about anything else. If anyone is over dramatic it’s the few posters who just can’t vet their hate for Puljujarvi out of their system.

Yep, its a bunch of nonsense. Demoting him to play with the likes of Turris is gonna do what, exactly? Its the same exact posters who shit on JP right now that have been shitting on the kid in past years.
There's literally no logic on demoting a talented player who's playing excellently and actually gaining chemistry with McDavid.
The fact that I read of how some people wanted to demote him in order to bring up Kassian again made my head shake.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Pay attention to the speed at which Pulju comes at the beginning of this clip, it looks quite of funny or as if it's been manipulated. I mean it's not, but the speed is pretty amazing.

E: Just saw the original video and it looks very different in that one. Anyway, great work from the whole line.

Last edited:

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Him and Connor are gaining more and more chemistry each game.

They are very fun to watch !

If it were almost anyone else many of those passes wouldn't come through. McDavid makes it look so easy, but it's not when there's several opponents close and when Pulju is going at huge speed. Many others would fail with getting the pass through or with the timing when crossing the blue line. As someone wrote Nuge also deserves credit in the last goal, a smart important move to lift the defenders stick.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He's been sprung a few times which is interesting. If he gets that going and improves net front stuff he will be a very real player.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If there's one thing I sorta hope JP develops, its a mean streak. Not necessary but guy is usually the biggest on the ice. If he develops one, watch out. haha just plow through everyone ala Lindros

He could be a sort of Ovi-lite if he developed a mean streak haha

Reactions: frag2

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
The improvement from game to game is pretty astounding. I was skeptical about throwing JP in the top 6 and leaving him there after it didn't seem like he was producing much.

But he's proven me wrong. It's going to be fascinating to see what his play looks like at the beginning of next season.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
97s line with JP has been one of the best performing lines in the NHL since they got put together. They were generating boat loads of chances and caving alot of teams in. Initially, the bounces werent going their way. However I think now the puck luck is returning to normal, and even if they just get average puck luck, theyll be potting A LOT of goals. And if that line gets puck luck in their favour, my god there will be some blow out games

Regardless, 97 has his best linemates hes ever had (by the numbers). That line needs to be left together for the rest of the season. The only downside is that it likely means RNHs contract demand increases and JP gets claimed by Seattle (if exposed)

It's early but I've seen enough to think it's essentially impossible he gets exposed. What a terrific talent and absolutely unique on this roster.

space321

May 11, 2011
They should play him on RNH's spot on the PP, even if it means on the second unit. Putting him in front of the net is a waste of his talents imo.

Reactions: Giggleplex

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Well, well, well. It sure was lonely on Jesse's bandwagon when he had hip problems. I was there, and served the time because of it! Seems like he sniped yet another one tonight, eh? I'm loving this. Second coming of the beautiful man with a tiny helmet!

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Well, well, well. It sure was lonely on Jesse's bandwagon when he had hip problems. I was there, and served the time because of it! Seems like he sniped yet another one tonight, eh? I'm loving this. Second coming of the beautiful man with a tiny helmet!
Same.

I was the one who kept insisted we NOT trade him until we know what kind of player he is.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Just a friendly Leafs fan here. Jp seems to be rounding out, his hands and feet are matching up pretty well, reminds me of Rantanen from the avs. Big skilled player, that can move well for their size. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he needs a bit of a meaner shot esp considering his size? Glad he's working out for you guys.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Just a friendly Leafs fan here. Jp seems to be rounding out, his hands and feet are matching up pretty well, reminds me of Rantanen from the avs. Big skilled player, that can move well for their size. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he needs a bit of a meaner shot esp considering his size? Glad he's working out for you guys.
See his goal last game. That shot was nasty.

Reactions: PulYou

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Coming in peace? :sarcasm:

He’s a better skater than Rantanen but Mikko probably has him beat in pure offensive skill.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Nuge - McDavid - Yammo
Kahun - Drai - Pulju

Much better blend of speed and skill. Jesse is so fast out there and Drai needs some player he can pass to in stride. This top 6 creates more chances imo and overall just makes more sense. Every time Yammo is out there with Nuge they look great. Yammo and Kahun look more or less pretty similar out there and having both on the same line seems redundant. Ennis hasn't done anything on that line, he looked better on the 3rd line. Kahun and Drai have shown clear chemistry as well, and as ugly as that give away was Kahun has still been the best option for the top 6 of the players we have.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
See his goal last game. That shot was nasty.
It was in tight, id like to see him expand his range, I could easily be wrong tho lol.

Coming in peace? :sarcasm:

He’s a better skater than Rantanen but Mikko probably has him beat in pure offensive skill.

Their close skaters for sure, always liked Rantanens a bit more because it's more refined but I digress. I really wonder how JP will turn out.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It was in tight, id like to see him expand his range, I could easily be wrong tho lol.

Their close skaters for sure, always liked Rantanens a bit more because it's more refined but I digress. I really wonder how JP will turn out.

his goal tonight was in tight. His one last game was from a little ways out.

he also has a wicked one timer point shot that he doesn’t get to use with how Tippet deploys him.

Anyways close to the net is where most goals are scored. One of the biggest criticisms of him in the past is too many shots from too far out.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Pulju is probably more of a straight line player, whereas Rantanen gives you that puck skill and shot making ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad