Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 10: Connor's RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pulju served his linemates two absolutely glorious changes, and had a couple good changes himself. Very unlucky not getting any points out of this game. Why the hell wasn't Russell made to pay for attacking Pulju? I was waiting for Khaira to get the job done.

Likely only because we were chasing the game at that point. I would hope that he is forced to answer for his crap next game or that the same is done to one of their young stars.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Have to give this player some love, I was a big skeptic, but he set up McDavid and RNH both with AAA scoring chances and for once the blame is on those guys for not finishing, lol. His passing ability is surprisingly strong.

Roussell is just dumb, I don't know what he was thinking there, not gonna waste any time trying to dissect that.

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. His passing game has always been great even as a young 16 year old in the world juniors. The issue last time around in the NHL was getting to the right spots, handling pucks, and dealing with NHL speed to use it. This has always been a player who was equal parts playmaker and goal scorer. Glad he's getting some recognition for it finally though on here.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Did any one from the media ask Roussel last night about what happened? Something must have happened either earlier in the game or earlier in JPs career that Roussel was reacting to, as soon as he realized who it was he was all over him like a dirty shirt.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Did any one from the media ask Roussel last night about what happened? Something must have happened either earlier in the game or earlier in JPs career that Roussel was reacting to, as soon as he realized who it was he was all over him like a dirty shirt.
My guess is he’s a typical Canuck, Bieksa used to spot pick Euro player who didn’t know how to fight as well.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Pulju served his linemates two absolutely glorious changes, and had a couple good changes himself. Very unlucky not getting any points out of this game. Why the hell wasn't Russell made to pay for attacking Pulju? I was waiting for Khaira to get the job done.
We got the job done by coming back from 3-0 to win in regulation.
No need for dumb retaliation.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
There’s lots of games left to get a pound of flesh. Maybe next game when we’re leading 5-0 late in the 3rd.
If the team can put some real distance between the bottom three then you start taking your liberties later on down the road. For now just keep winning on the scoreboard.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If the team can put some real distance between the bottom three then you start taking your liberties later on down the road. For now just keep winning on the scoreboard.
I think you send a message that plugs like that can’t just drop the gloves and start punching our top line players. Don’t wait until the standings are set to send a message.

GOilers88

Upside Down Canadian Flag
Dec 24, 2016
I think you send a message that plugs like that can’t just drop the gloves and start punching our top line players. Don’t wait until the standings are set to send a message.
Yeah that's fair.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
It’s crazy to me just how much Puljujarvi has adapted his game. Even when he hasn’t been producing offense he’s using his size very well down low to make space for Mcdavid. I watched 5 or 6 plays last night where he shielded guys off Mcdavid behind the net by just using his size.

IMO if he starts producing more likes he’s started to the last 10 games he’s going to be on a crazy bargain for next season.

Props to him for just coming in and working hard and winning the fan base back over here. There was a lot of people in here, stupidly, saying he shouldn’t be allowed back because “locker room!”, now those same people are in here, and elsewhere, gushing how the team rallied around him getting jumped last night.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I'm watching the highlights of it, and Pulju bumped him? That's the reason?

I really do hope one of Nurse, who has PUMPED Roussel before:

or Khaira show Roussel what's what next game.

Great highlight.

Has to be Khaira doing that though now, Nurse too valuable to risk breaking his hand or something.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Great highlight.

Has to be Khaira doing that though now, Nurse too valuable to risk breaking his hand or something.
Thinking about it, I'd rather neither of them do it. Khaira has been a perfect 3/4 C and PK1 player with 7 points in 12 games providing energy and 200 foot play.

Hm..

Reactions: PulYou

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017

Consistency no where to be found.

Dadonov screwed himself over and White got salty for his teammate's stupidity. :huh:

Reactions: nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad