Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He had many very good preseason games, you said he had one single good preseason game. More proof that your bias doesn’t allow you to see obvious things clearly.

Like other posters have said, everyone has a certain amount of bias. Those like yourself claiming to be holier than thou are easily dismissed and not worth the time of day.

Pretty sure you're biased and blind opinions are the ones being dismissed. It's what happens when someone can't see any flaws in a players game despite the obvious.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I thought highlevel scoring chances were 9/16 against Pulju. Worst in Oilers.

There is no doubt that Jesse makes bad decisions on the ice. I have seen this time and time again. I think its a large part of why he is sitting right now.
I think that some mistakes are to be expected but at some point the player has to start learning from his mistakes.

Jesse has played 100 NHL games...he isnt a dman or a centre so his position is the easiest to learn.
He needs to start learning from his mistakes and also understand that if he doesnt assert himself (ie...he is a big man...no more wimpy stick checks) he isnt going to play in the NHL very much..

Reactions: tellermine

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
He should start doing that PEP training that McDavid does. Pulju has so awkward puckhandling that it's tough to mentally imagine him doing those courses.

That's the odd thing. Pulju looks so weird when he gets a pass. Off balance like he's drunk lol. He can't get a pass and control and balance himself at the same time.

leon was terrible too. Much worse from what I remember. Bambi like.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
When has JP been the best player on his line for a given night? It just isn't happening. I don't know why people call it biased.

Kid needs to work on his game

Well he was easily the best player on his line in the game against the Jets. I haven’t disputed that he needs to work on and improve his game. Hard to do that from the pressbox though, also tough to do that when you know you’re on the shortest leash on the team.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Pretty sure you're biased and blind opinions are the ones being dismissed. It's what happens when someone can't see any flaws in a players game despite the obvious.

I have said multiple times that his game has flaws. You continue to be ignorant about that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
When has JP been the best player on his line for a given night? It just isn't happening. I don't know why people call it biased.

Kid needs to work on his game

It worked for Leon. Just send the kid down. Get his confidence up and his motor skills up out there. His hands and legs do not match what he's processing upstairs.

He should get better Bring him up when he looks like he is battling consistently and skating better.

He should start doing that PEP training that McDavid does. Pulju has so awkward puckhandling that it's tough to mentally imagine him doing those courses.

Jesse not the best on his line?! Jesse needs to work on processing the game better?! Jesse has awkward stick handling?!

Why this all just bias guys! Why you guys so bias? Can't you see that your eyes are wrong and your mind is biased?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have said multiple times that his game has flaws. You continue to be ignorant about that.

And I've said multiple times that I'm not biased against the player but you ignore that too. See how annoying it is when people just ignore things you say?

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
There is no doubt that Jesse makes bad decisions on the ice. I have seen this time and time again. I think its a large part of why he is sitting right now.
I think that some mistakes are to be expected but at some point the player has to start learning from his mistakes.

Jesse has played 100 NHL games...he isnt a dman or a centre so his position is the easiest to learn.
He needs to start learning from his mistakes and also understand that if he doesnt assert himself (ie...he is a big man...no more wimpy stick checks) he isnt going to play in the NHL very much..
Sad but true.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
And I've said multiple times that I'm not biased against the player but you ignore that too. See how annoying it is when people just ignore things you say?

Your statements show a clear bias. You claiming that him stealing the puck in the offensive zone and creating a great chance for Drai is intact a low IQ play says all that is needed. Then you saying that he had one good preseason game says it even clearer. You think you’re holier than thou, but you aren’t.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Jesse not the best on his line?! Jesse needs to work on processing the game better?! Jesse has awkward stick handling?!

Why this all just bias guys! Why you guys so bias? Can't you see that your eyes are wrong and your mind is biased?

Yet you tell others to grow up. No need for immature posts like this. Really drags down the quality of this place further.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Your statements show a clear bias. You claiming that him stealing the puck in the offensive zone and creating a great chance for Drai is intact a low IQ play says all that is needed. Then you saying that he had one good preseason game says it even clearer. You think you’re holier than thou, but you aren’t.

Again reading comprehension. Actually scratch that, it's just willful ignorance on your part that you continue to say that. You pretend as if I didn't already point out that him not following up on any rebound chances was the low IQ play not the steal, and not the set up which I called great. Can you explain why you just ignored that even though you know that's what was said? It's stupid shit like that which proves that you're not here to have a rational debate and discussion about a player, you're here to pick petty fights based on false accusations which have zero basis in reality. Really quite sad.

Reactions: guymez

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yet you tell others to grow up. No need for immature posts like this. Really drags down the quality of this place further.

Nah I tell you and only you to grow up. Cause you are the only one who ignores someone's repeated explanation of their comments to continue some stupid narrative and conspiracy of some bias against Jesse when its obvious people are just expressing their honest thoughts about that player.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Again reading comprehension. Actually scratch that, it's just willful ignorance on your part that you continue to say that. You pretend as if I didn't already point out that him not following up on any rebound chances was the low IQ play not the steal, and not the set up which I called great. Can you explain why you just ignored that even though you know that's what was said? It's stupid **** like that which proves that you're not here to have a rational debate and discussion about a player, you're here to pick petty fights based on false accusations which have zero basis in reality. Really quite sad.

I have pointed out numerous times that it would have been impossible for him to get that rebound. Drai took the shot and was right there and didn’t have time to get the rebound that was there for a split second. There was zero chance for anyone to get that rebound. Yet you insist on trying to frame that as Jesse being terrible on the play and being a stupid hockey player. Only someone with an obvious bias could draw that conclusion.

Watch the replay again, without hater goggles on. Then go watch the preseason games again without hater goggles on and tell me he only had one good preseason game out of all of them. You just can’t handle being wrong so you resort to personal attacks and childish remarks. I can, and have repeatedly said that Jesse needs to work on his game and that he has some weaknesses that are pretty glaring. You can’t even give him the smallest amount of credit when it’s due.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nah I tell you and only you to grow up. Cause you are the only one who ignores someone's repeated explanation of their comments to continue some stupid narrative and conspiracy of some bias against Jesse when its obvious people are just expressing their honest thoughts about that player.

So you admit to trying to make things personal because someone doesn’t agree with you? I’ve noticed you do it to many others in various threads. Pretty sad.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I have pointed out numerous times that it would have been impossible for him to get that rebound. Drai took the shot and was right there and didn’t have time to get the rebound that was there for a split second. There was zero chance for anyone to get that rebound. Yet you insist on trying to frame that as Jesse being terrible on the play and being a stupid hockey player. Only someone with an obvious bias could draw that conclusion.

Watch the replay again, without hater goggles on. Then go watch the preseason games again without hater goggles on and tell me he only had one good preseason game out of all of them. You just can’t handle being wrong so you resort to personal attacks and childish remarks. I can, and have repeatedly said that Jesse needs to work on his game and that he has some weaknesses that are pretty glaring. You can’t even give him the smallest amount of credit when it’s due.

Nope. If he didn't fly the zone he could have been close for the rebound. Your assessment is wrong, like most of your observations. And nope that ONE play isn't why I have worries about Jesse's game and you know that. So stop trying to frame it as if my entire assessment of the player is based on that one play when you know damn well that's not the case. Like I said before, grow up. You know 100% I didn't say that.

I can't give him credit where its due? Yet I said "he'd break out huge this year?" Yet I said "he looks faster and leaner this year" Yet I said "he could be one of the most effective forecheckers in the league" Give me a break. Your brigade against me is childish and stupid.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So you admit to trying to make things personal because someone doesn’t agree with you? I’ve noticed you do it to many others in various threads. Pretty sad.

Nope. PLENTY of people don't agree with me, and plenty of others I don't agree with. And I have no issues with them and they got no issues with me. I have no issues of admitting when or where I was wrong. Just look at my evolving thoughts on Yamo. It's only people like you, that engage in debates in childish and irrational ways that I have issue with. You ignore things that have already been addressed. You engage in this obvious "I know you are but what am I" type responses.

And btw you were the first one to get personal. Calling my statements "biased" and "pathetic". I'm not getting personal with you, only tell you that those types of comments were childish. Your response which just screams immaturity is "nah uh I know you are but what am I"

Anyways. Sick of playing your stupid games. Do me a favor and don't quote me, don't reply to me. Move on with your life and your petty arguments.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nope. If he didn't fly the zone he could have been close for the rebound. Your assessment is wrong, like most of your observations. And nope that ONE play isn't why I have worries about Jesse's game and you know that. So stop trying to frame it as if my entire assessment of the player is based on that one play when you know damn well that's not the case. Like I said before, grow up. You know 100% I didn't say that.

I can't give him credit where its due? Yet I said "he'd break out huge this year?" Yet I said "he looks faster and leaner this year" Yet I said "he could be one of the most effective forecheckers in the league" Give me a break. Your brigade against me is childish and stupid.

Draisaitl was right there and took the shot and couldn’t get to the rebound before it was covered up. How was Jesse supposed to be any closer than him? He could have made the pass, drove straight to the goalie and still would have been 5 feet away when the puck was covered. You’re wrong, it’s as simple as that.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nope. PLENTY of people don't agree with me, and plenty of others I don't agree with. And I have no issues with them and they got no issues with me. I have no issues of admitting when or where I was wrong. Just look at my evolving thoughts on Yamo. It's only people like you, that engage in debates in childish and irrational ways that I have issue with. You ignore things that have already been addressed. You engage in this obvious "I know you are but what am I" type responses.

And btw you were the first one to get personal. Calling my statements "biased" and "pathetic". I'm not getting personal with you, only tell you that those types of comments were childish. Your response which just screams immaturity is "nah uh I know you are but what am I"

Anyways. Sick of playing your stupid games. Do me a favor and don't quote me, don't reply to me. Move on with your life and your petty arguments.

I’ll continue to point out posts where you’re incorrect as I see fit. Someone having a bias so strong that they need to take a great play by jesse and paint it as a poor play is pathetic.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Draisaitl was right there and took the shot and couldn’t get to the rebound before it was covered up. How was Jesse supposed to be any closer than him? He could have made the pass, drove straight to the goalie and still would have been 5 feet away when the puck was covered. You’re wrong, it’s as simple as that.

I’ll continue to point out posts where you’re incorrect as I see fit. Someone having a bias so strong that they need to take a great play by jesse and paint it as a poor play is pathetic.

It's come to my attention through private messages that you just like to pick fights and pick arguments out of thin air. So you are now ignored. I don't mind a good hockey debate but you don't debate in good faith like a lot of the other posters around here. Do me a favor and ignore my comments from now on. It's obvious you can't engage in a debate without acting petty and immature. Bye Now.

Back on the topic of Pulju, hope he gets back into the lineup soon and he looks coached up a bit. We'll see if the time off has done him well.

Reactions: guymez

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It's come to my attention through private messages that you just like to pick fights and pick arguments out of thin air. So you are now ignored. I don't mind a good hockey debate but you don't debate in good faith like a lot of the other posters around here. Do me a favor and ignore my comments from now on. It's obvious you can't engage in a debate without acting petty and immature. Bye Now.

Back on the topic of Pulju, hope he gets back into the lineup soon and he looks coached up a bit. We'll see if the time off has done him well.

I disagreed with the post you said was a low hockey’s iQ play. You’ve yet to show how he could have got to that rebound. It was impossible, Cags was immediately behind Drai on the play and couldn’t get to it even. If you can’t handle a simple disagreement like that then maybe you should put everyone on ignore.

Reactions: Studz

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
TM has been on his case since day one, hard to play loose under that kind of pressure. He hasn't gotten enough sample size on the top 2 lines when Aberg and Yamamoto and Lucic and Caggiula all got several games without doing anything of note. I would almost guarantee this is not another Yakupov situation if we lose this player it will bite us in the ass when he excelling on another team that doens't treat him like crap. TM could have given him a good look at the end of last season when the games didn't matter but he chose not to and thus we have no idea what this player is capable of. Anybody who thinks they know his potential from his 3rd and 4th line play is fooling themselves.

Reactions: Studz

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I disagreed with the post you said was a low hockey’s iQ play. You’ve yet to show how he could have got to that rebound. It was impossible. If you can’t handle a simple disagreement like that then maybe you should put everyone on ignore.

Disagree with my post is not why you are ignored and you know it. Accusing me of bias before that post was even made is why. Which was a followup of a couple weeks ago where you also accused me of this fake bias that only exists in your head. Then when I realized that no amount of explanations or examples to explain my thoughts on Jesse would EVER change your mind because you like to keep petty sad arguments going on and on and on is why you are ignored. In my many years on these boards I've had many a debate about players, the oilers, coaching etc etc etc. You are the FIRST AND ONLY person I've found I needed to put on ignore. So bye now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This really isn't on TM anymore either. It's really PC that needs to figure his shit out.

If he wants JP in the lineup, then send KY and Marody to the AHL so that TM has no options.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Disagree with my post is not why you are ignored and you know it. Accusing me of bias before that post was even made is why. Which was a followup of a couple weeks ago where you also accused me of this fake bias that only exists in your head. Then when I realized that no amount of explanations or examples to explain my thoughts on Jesse would EVER change your mind because you like to keep petty sad arguments going on and on and on is why you are ignored. In my many years on these boards I've had many a debate about players, the oilers, coaching etc etc etc. You are the FIRST AND ONLY person I've found I needed to put on ignore. So bye now.

Thought you had me on ignore. Yet you have the petty need to argue to no end when proven wrong.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
This really isn't on TM anymore either. It's really PC that needs to figure his **** out.

If he wants JP in the lineup, then send KY and Marody to the AHL so that TM has no options.

That would look pretty bad. Both players have been more effective than JP has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad