Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season Part 5, Jesse Bumped Up the Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Lol is Jesse checking the Hf boards? Curious what young player who actually turned out good have we run out of town besides Jultz?
You must be new.

Eberle, Hall, Schultz, Dubnyk, Cogliano, Poti, Arnott to name a few.

Many many more of people got their way.

Pretty much our whole lineup minus McDavid is getting shit on despite being young kids for the most part.

Drai and Nurse are 23 .... 23
Jesse is 20 . Kai is 20.

And people have basically given up hope on these players? Shame. Have some faith in this team. If you have no faith why are you even here?

100% toxic atmosphere. No wonder lots of players hate this environment.

If you haven’t scored 50 goals by age 18 you’re junk apparently.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You must be new.

Pretty much our whole lineup minus McDavid is getting **** on despite being young kids for the most part.

Jesse is 20 . Kai is 20.

And people have basically given up hope on these players? Shame. Have some faith in this team. If you have no faith why are you even here?

Lol we ran hall out of here? You are just making stuff up. I wasn’t aware the GM trading players was the fans running people out of town.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Lol we ran hall out of here? You are just making stuff up. I wasn’t aware the GM trading players was the fans running people out of town.

Making things up? A large portion of the fan base wanted him GONE because of his “party lifestyle”.

This fan base is toxic, impossible to say otherwise lad.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You must be new.

Pretty much our whole lineup minus McDavid is getting **** on despite being young kids for the most part.

Jesse is 20 . Kai is 20.

I think you're the one that' s new. Hall never asked to be traded. Matter of fact, there was much gnashing of teeth and angst amongst the fan base when he was moved. He himself was crushed when he found out, and it took him a long time to get over it.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
I think you're the one that' s new. Hall never asked to be traded. Matter of fact, there was much gnashing of teeth and angst amongst the fan base when he was moved. He was crushed when he found out, and it took him a long time to get over it.

You must have poor eye sight. When did I say Hall asked to be traded?

I said a large majority of the fan base wanted the player gone. Like Eberle, Cogs, Dubnyk etc.

People think they know the potential of a player but in the end we don’t see what happens behind the scenes or know their potential but we ask for them to be shipped out and when we trade them at their lowest value and then complain about the return.

Mind boggling.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Making things up? A large portion of the fan base wanted him GONE because of his “party lifestyle”.

Ya gotta pipe up here. The fans had nothing to do with Hall being traded. Hall got Hall traded

His party lifestyle, not listening to coaches, off cuff twitter comments and ultimately...ignoring the wishes of management and letting McD move in with him

Hall made it pretty clear he was not a team player. He got traded and looks to have matured

The fans did nothing to get him traded

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ya gotta pipe up here. The fans had nothing to do with Hall being traded. Hall got Hall traded

His party lifestyle, not listening to coaches, off cuff twitter comments and ultimately...ignoring the wishes of management and letting McD move in with him

Hall made it pretty clear he was not a team player. He got traded and looks to have matured

The fans did nothing to get him traded

Not so sure about that assessment. Hall was the piece that was needed to obtain what , in Chiarelli's mind, was a badly missing component of the team. A young right handed minute munching dman on a nice long term contract. I have no doubt that Eberle or something similar was offered, but Hall unfortunately had to be sacrificed in the hope of balancing the team.

Reactions: Aerchon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I said a large majority of the fan base wanted the player gone. Like Eberle, Cogs, Dubnyk etc.

People think they know the potential of a player but in the end we don’t see what happens behind the scenes or know their potential but we ask for them to be shipped out and when we trade them at their lowest value and then complain about the return.

Mind boggling.
You've lumped him into the same category with players that fans soured on. There were a few naysayers, but most of the fan base loved Hall. Apparently though, you seem to think you have the behind the scenes information about players and the reasons they are dealt.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

Mind boggling.

The rest of this is true, but I wouldn't say so for Hall. I'd say a vocal minority wanted him out but unlike the rest of your list, the fans hadn't turned on him as a majority yet.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Puljujarvi was taken off mcdavid line after he bobbled the puck which led to TBC goal. After that McDavid/Draisaitl/Nuge/Larrson/Nurse were eaten for dinner by TBAY

Reactions: Aerchon

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Puljujarvi was taken off mcdavid line after he bobbled the puck which led to TBC goal. After that McDavid/Draisaitl/Nuge/Larrson/Nurse were eaten for dinner by TBAY

So he was replaced by Drai and the line played worse?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Oh you mean the play where Caggulia looked totally lost. Yeah I remember that now.

The proof is in your posts. You say JP has been training hard to get open, yet he had 2 shots in 5 games lol. Somehow your assessment defies the eye test

But seriously, how do you know he has been training super hard to get open? Do you train w/ him? Are you at Oiler practices? Do you fly to Finland in the summers?

Trust me, the only player who continues to look lost half the time is JP. It's why he skates into his own players, abandons cycles, and makes gawd awful line changes

But don't take my word for it, take Hitch's, who you seem to praise. He's demoted JP 4 times in 15 games

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Seems like he has made a surprise visit to an outdoor rink again (based on Twitter). He really loves to play hockey.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

I agree with ya on running players outta town. With Hall, there were a few items coming up.

- need for a dman. Unfortunately they cost lots.
- Hall's would not buy into the system. That was admitted by Hall
-Were there problems with Hall's after-hours activities? Well, where there is smoke, there is fire

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I thought he had a great game outside one omfg disastrous moment.

Loved Burke comments in the intermission.

Get this kid shooting more. Get him back on that top line. Get him on the #1 PP.

Honestly nothing to lose at this point and I personally really like what I see when he is on the ice. I see a player on the verge of breaking out. Just needs more pushes.

Anyone saying Puljujarvi has gotten his fair share of opportunities is out to lunch.

The kids young and hungry and improving overall. Keep giving him more chances. It's time. We need another impact player and nothing I've seen suggests he can't be it.

Last edited:

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015

I can’t let this pass without a critical look. Firstly, the IS is a tabloid that lives from its scandal headlines driving sales, so according to their philosophy they have to make every article into a controversy. Secondly, they absolutely did not interview Kekäläinen. The source for that article (the link to which you can also find right in there) is this video from TSN, which most here have probably seen at some point. They merely paraphrased and added conflict to what was previously published.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
So we're going to lose the next three and Jesse is going to be taken off the first line in two periods - what else you got? Freak earthquake through downtown Edmonton going to swallow Rogers Place?

1/2 right so far. We will see how the Oilers do in the next two games.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I ghought he had a great game outside one omfg disastrous moment.

Loved Burke comments in the intermission.

Get this kid shooting more. Get him back on that top line. Get him on the #1 PP.

Honestly nothing to lose at this point and I personally really like what I see when he is on the ice. I see a player on the verge of breaking out. Just needs more pushes.

Anyone saying Puljujarvi has gotten his fair share of opportunities is out to lunch.

The kids young and hungry and improving overall. Keep giving him more chances. It's time. We need another impact player and nothing I've seen suggests he can't be it.

Maybe it's just a hockey culture thing but I wish younger/rookie players would stop deferring when they have a good opp. IMO, the only reason he doesn't shoot more is because he keeps passing it off.

Hell, this applies to even our veterans too like Klefbom. Shoot on the damn PP; quit passing it to McDavid just because he's McDavid.

Reactions: HockeyHistorian

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Taking JP off of the 1st line after the Kucherov goal was a mistake but the reason he was taken off was to stack the 1st line to help get the equalizer. I don't think it was a punishment. Next game he'll be in the top 6 still.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I said a large majority of the fan base wanted the player gone.

Yeah sorry, but this is BS. I was one of Hall's biggest critics and I was in the minority here by a sizable margin. More people wanted RNH gone yet he's still here. There was a narrative that 1 of the 3 $6 million men were going to be dealt that offseason and the vast majority of people expected that to mean that RNH or Eberle were as good as gone. Even as a RNH fan I can to peace with the idea of him being dealt because I felt that it was a high probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->