Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season Part 5, Jesse Bumped Up the Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Forsling is a good D. He's been injured and caught in a numbers game right now. Has top 4 potential at least. Idk if you guys have a lot of LHD currently right now.

TBH, the value isn't that bad, especially coming from a non Oilers fan, but we have like 8 LHD already, and Pulju has more value to us than in a trade.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
TBH, the value isn't that bad, especially coming from a non Oilers fan, but we have like 8 LHD already, and Pulju has more value to us than in a trade.
Fair enough.
I've seen on the board that you guys need wingers, what would you be willing to part with for Perlini? He doesn't seem to fit Colliton's system here in Chicago. He put up 17+13 in 74 games last year as a 21 year old.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Fair enough.
I've seen on the board that you guys need wingers, what would you be willing to part with for Perlini? He doesn't seem to fit Colliton's system here in Chicago. He's a year removed from 35 pts and is 22 years old.

He might be an interesting target. What are you looking for in return?

BTW, your profile pic of a bald Kane somehow looks a little like Mikko Koskinen.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He might be an interesting target. What are you looking for in return?

BTW, your profile pic of a bald Kane somehow looks a little like Mikko Koskinen.
Forwards or Futures. The best comp that I could think of on your team is PoolParty though. Was 12th pick OA in 2014. I'd have to do some research.
Would you guys be willing to part with McLeod, a 2nd, or 2 3rds?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Forsling is a good D. He's been injured and caught in a numbers game right now. Has top 4 potential at least. Idk if you guys have a lot of LHD currently right now.
Yeah, we are definitely good for LD. Once Klef and Sekera come back, we'll have like 10.

Personally, I'd have no interest in Perlini. Just not a fan, doesn't seem like a very smart player at all. I'm glad Strome is doing well for you guys though.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah, we are definitely good for LD. Once Klef and Sekera come back, we'll have like 10.

Personally, I'd have no interest in Perlini. Just not a fan, doesn't seem like a very smart player at all. I'm glad Strome is doing well for you guys though.
I don't blame you for that. All of the things that drive you nuts about PoolParty drive us nuts about Perlini.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Another good game by Pulju. A lot of solid offensive plays. He actually has quite good handeye coordination, he knocked down a ton of pucks.

His fall was funny though.

Reactions: Aerrol and nabob

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Another good game by Pulju. A lot of solid offensive plays. He actually has quite good handeye coordination, he knocked down a ton of pucks.

His fall was funny though.
You think? Besides a couple knock downs at the blue line I didn’t really notice much from him. Except his fall of coarse haha

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
You think? Besides a couple knock downs at the blue line I didn’t really notice much from him. Except his fall of coarse haha

He a couple nice passes to Nuge and one to Lucic when that line was together. Sort of meh with Drai.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He a couple nice passes to Nuge and one to Lucic when that line was together. Sort of meh with Drai.
I don’t know why Hitch broke that line up. Lucic almost had a goal in like the first three minutes. They seem to play well together in my opinion.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Another great game from Looch. He threw a good hit and almost made a sweet cross seam pass. He almost found RNh alone in the slot..if he would have been faster

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Another great game from Looch. He threw a good hit and almost made a sweet cross seam pass. He almost found RNh alone in the slot..if he would have been faster
He also missed a tip in by like 2 cm from nuge. I can’t tell if your being sarcastic but I liked his game again.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I love the guy, but man is he a huge bust

I question the intelligence of the pool party backers.

Guy is a nothing player. This pick hurts

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
I love the guy, but man is he a huge bust

I question the intelligence of the pool party backers.

Guy is a nothing player. This pick hurts
When is the last time a top 4 pick busted in the NHL? Yakupov with the Oilers, it's not a coincidence since no other org is doing this.

Reactions: Aerrol

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
You would think and hope that there would be a natural improvement for a young player as the season goes on. More familiarity with teammates and the level of play.
But doesn't he play almost every game with different guys?

Btw, just putting numbers. The last 10 games for each:
Laine 1 goal, 1 assist, -9
Puljujärvi 2 goals, 2 assists, -5

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
But doesn't he play almost every game with different guys?

Btw, just putting numbers. The last 10 games for each:
Laine 1 goal, 1 assist, -9
Puljujärvi 2 goals, 2 assists, -5
Laine is slumping right now and this is a hot streak for Pulju almost.

This season...
Laine, 24 goals(Pulju has 17 in his career), 8 assists -12
Puljujarvi, 4 goals, 3 assists -10

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Fair enough.
I've seen on the board that you guys need wingers, what would you be willing to part with for Perlini? He doesn't seem to fit Colliton's system here in Chicago. He put up 17+13 in 74 games last year as a 21 year old.
Caggiula + Perlini for Brendan Manning and that Norell guy.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
When is the last time a top 4 pick busted in the NHL? Yakupov with the Oilers, it's not a coincidence since no other org is doing this.

What!? This is such bogus

Bennet/3rd/CGY, Reinhart/4th/NYI, Dal Colle/5th/NYI, Strome/5th/NYI, Muray/2nd/Clb, Bogosian/3rd/Atlanta, Schenn/5th/TO, Johnson/3rd/Carolina, Pouliot/4th/Minny, Di Pietro/1st/NYI, Klesla/4th/Clb, Torres/5th/NYI, Svitov(WHO?????)/3rd, TB, Zherdev/4th/Clb, Barker/3rd/Chi, etc,etc,etc

The victim mentality is false

RNH, Hall, Drai, McD. Teams should be so lucky

Last edited:
Reactions: frag2 and nabob

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
What!? This is such bogus

Bennet/3rd/CGY, Reinhart/4th/NYI, Dal Colle/5th/NYI, Strome/5th/NYI, Muray/2nd/Clb, Bogosian/3rd/Atlanta, Schenn/5th/TO, Johnson/3rd/Carolina, Pouliot/4th/Minny, Di Pietro/1st/NYI, Klesla/4th/Clb, Torres/5th/NYI, Svitov(WHO?????)/3rd, TB, Zherdev/4th/Clb, Barker/3rd/Chi, etc,etc,etc

The victim mentality is false

RNH, Hall, Drai, McD. Teams should be so lucky
Half the players you listed are from 10+ years ago and are not relevant, the other half are comfortably playing in the league and cant be classified as busts.

Based on your post history and the emotional response to my post you seem to be the one with the victim complex here.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Half the players you listed are from 10+ years ago and are not relevant, the other half are comfortably playing in the league and cant be classified as busts.

Exactly the point. It’s silly to call a player a bust when he was rushed into the league and just turned 20 this year. You could say that currently Jesse is comfortably playing in the league right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad