Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season Part 5, Jesse Bumped Up the Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Sure, good and great are 2 separate things...but that's not the point, you isolating a single game to try and justify attacking posters is

Last I checked, saying he scored " a sweet goal" is a compliment. But keep making up bs

You did say one compliment. But then followed it up with your typical drivel.

Thanks for proving my point. Doesn’t matter if he plays good, great or normalish. You’ll still go off topic to slag the player.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You did say one compliment. But then followed it up with your typical drivel.

Thanks for proving my point. Doesn’t matter if he plays good, great or normalish. You’ll still go off topic to slag the player.

As I said, you missed the point. Or my guess, intentionally ignored it.

But seeing as you're being called out by multiple posters in the last few pages as to the motives of your posts, you'd think some alarm bells would go off...no?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
As I said, you missed the point. Or my guess, intentionally ignored it.

But seeing as you're being called out by multiple posters in the last few pages as to the motives of your posts, you'd think some alarm bells would go off...no?

I got the point. It had nothing to do with my post and was simply you needing to slag Puljujarvi and attack me as a poster.

The Burning GOAT

Nov 26, 2017
In the coldest place
What I understand about this thread are 1) some people’s frustration with Pulju’s overall game and effectiveness and 2) some people’s willingness to give him time to develop and focus on the positives, which to some seem like ”being on the defensive.”

What I don’t understand is the overall tone where posts tend to be about trashing posters, speculation about their ”agenda” or a potential ”narrative being pushed.” This eats way too much into the quality of discussion and creates unnecessary antagonism. It’s also a lazy way of discrediting opinions with fits-all internet wasteland debate schemes instead of posing counter-arguments that fit the actual topic.

And as a trend, it’s also elsewhere on these boards, which is very frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
One thing I dislike is when he skates backwards when the puck is coming up into the offensive zone behind him---like always facing the puck....skating towards the puck.....when his line has possession.

Sort of noticed it before....noticed it again today.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
People treated RNH poorly when he was young too. If pulj becomes a 50-60 point winger, then that's still a nice compliment for this team.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nice little play off the wall to get Nuge the puck in a dangerous position. I recall him making a similar player when he was playing with RNH and Connor that resulted in a RNH goal. After a couple of really rough games he has been rebounding his game and making positive strides again.

Reactions: joestevens29

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don't think he'll ever be any kind of stud player or anything, but I'm seeing mild signs of a pulse where I'd be more inclined to keep him for another season on a cheap deal rather than shopping him and getting some low ball deal.

Last edited:

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Looks like he's gaining confidence. The play where he carried the puck through the neutral zone, passed over to nuge and then drove to the net tapping his stick for the pass from lucic. Showed confidence.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I’ve always felt he will become a good player. He’s just never going to be a star. I could still see him becoming a consistent 25-20 guy. He’s getting better and is still super young.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
No, just give him the puck sooner to carry over to the offensive zone. That is his special skill at the moment, so please use it.
Zone entries. Another simililarity between Pulju and Olli Jokinen right there. Like OJ, Pulju will become a VERY good player, and many posters will have a lot of delicious crow to eat.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Excelling at zone entries. Another simililarity between Pulju and Olli Jokinen right there. Like OJ, Pulju will become a VERY good player, and many posters will have a lot of delicious crow to eat.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Looks like he's gaining confidence. The play where he carried the puck through the neutral zone, passed over to nuge and then drove to the net tapping his stick for the pass from lucic. Showed confidence.

That would've been a beautiful goal and a big boost of confidence to Lucic and Puljujarvi. I hope that lines stays together for a bit and goes on a really strong stretch of production.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So under McLellan he was:
12 games 1 goal no assists 1 point

And under Hitchcock he is:
20 games 3 goals 3 assists 6 points

Not an argument point, just writing some numbers.

So, the stats say he is on about the same pace, given the increased ice time and bump up the lineup. Extrapolated, should be about 10 gals and 7 assists for the season. H scored 12 goals and 8 assists last year. Not an argument point either, just writing numbers as well.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So, the stats say he is on about the same pace, given the increased ice time and bump up the lineup. Extrapolated, should be about 10 gals and 7 assists for the season. H scored 12 goals and 8 assists last year. Not an argument point either, just writing numbers as well.

Numbers aside he looked completely lost under Todd this season. Outside of a couple of games after the giveaway on the McDavid line he has looked better than he did pretty much his entire 12 games under Todd this season.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Numbers aside he looked completely lost under Todd this season. Outside of a couple of games after the giveaway on the McDavid line he has looked better than he did pretty much his entire 12 games under Todd this season.
You would think and hope that there would be a natural improvement for a young player as the season goes on. More familiarity with teammates and the level of play.

Last edited:

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Pretty subjective/eye of the beholder stuff. Imo marginally better if at all. But I will agree he looks a bit more comfortable

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hawks fan here.
Would Perlini and Forsling be enough to get you guys to move PoolParty?
Thanks.
PS-It is understandable if you don't want to make another deal with Bowman after the Manning-Caggiula move. Everyone is shocked at that one.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Hawks fan here.
Would Perlini and Forsling be enough to get you guys to move PoolParty?
Thanks.
PS-It is understandable if you don't want to make another deal with Bowman after the Manning-Caggiula move. Everyone is shocked at that one.

Not really. Unless we get a similar player to Puljujarvi, or package him for an upgrade, there is no point in trading him for a downgrade + some meh pieces.

He's actually showing a lot of improvement the past few weeks. He played at a 7 point pace under McLellan, and a 25 point pace under Hitchcock, and its even better in his past 10 or so games.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not really. Unless we get a similar player to Puljujarvi, or package him for an upgrade, there is no point in trading him for a downgrade + some meh pieces.

He's actually showing a lot of improvement the past few weeks. He played at a 7 point pace under McLellan, and a 25 point pace under Hitchcock, and its even better in his past 10 or so games.
Forsling is a good D. He's been injured and caught in a numbers game right now. Has top 4 potential at least. Idk if you guys have a lot of LHD currently right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad