Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi '18-19 Season Part 5, Jesse Bumped Up the Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
From the previous thread.

The top line looks to be where players go get run ragged. It’s clear that Drai has been playing exhausted for a while now. When Todd formed lines around pairs, it used to be McD and Drai, now it’s Drai and Chiasson instead. The other pair in consideration would be Nuge and Pulju. The way I see it, this happened only because of the Khaira suspension and will probably be changed back a couple games later. It opens up some possibilities in the meanwhile, I see two options here:

1. JP doesn’t look like he can handle 1st line duties. The experiment lasts until Drai recovers enough to go back and join the meat grinder.
  2. JP scores more regularly. The experiment will last until he’s exhausted and can’t handle 1st line duties anymore.
If Hitch is looking for a tag team of pairs that can run with McDavid, then the second option would be the optimal result. The ultimate goal would be to find/develop someone who can last on McDavid’s wing permanently, and share the goodness in the meanwhile.

Reactions: GameChanger

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Seems Hitch isn't a fan of Zykov?
Imo it's not that, he hasn't been with the team very long, we haven't had much practices so I think Hitch wants to make sure he understands how to play our brand of hockey before getting him in more.

The top line looks to be where players go get run ragged. It’s clear that Drai has been playing exhausted for a while now. When Todd formed lines around pairs, it used to be McD and Drai, now it’s Drai and Chiasson instead. The other pair in consideration would be Nuge and Pulju. The way I see it, this happened only because of the Khaira suspension and will probably be changed back a couple games later. It opens up some possibilities in the meanwhile, I see two options here:

1. JP doesn’t look like he can handle 1st line duties. The experiment lasts until Drai recovers enough to go back and join the meat grinder.
  2. JP scores more regularly. The experiment will last until he’s exhausted and can’t handle 1st line duties anymore.
If Hitch is looking for a tag team of pairs that can run with McDavid, then the second option would be the optimal result. The ultimate goal would be to find/develop someone who can last on McDavid’s wing permanently, and share the goodness in the meanwhile.

I think splitting up Drai and McDavid might be an attempt to lower boths icetime a bit.

He trusts them both the most so having 2 lines he wants to run is probably better than running 1 heavy.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Sounds like a great line. I would be even so bold and make RNH the center and put McDavid to thee wing.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Love those line up changes. Well overdue imo.

Jessie gets a legit shot. Now if only they could get him on the top PP unit as well we might see some growth in his offensive game.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Love to see him on the power play....

I wonder if we'll see him on the 1st line, but still not even on the 2nd PP. It really is odd that they haven't tried him on the #1 PP all year. Especially considering our PP isn't exactly lighting it up (18th overall). Like it's not a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation at all. No idea why you wouldn't want a right shot one timer, and a guy who isn't afraid to shoot, on your lefty-dominated PP. Makes zero sense.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This move gives me goose pimples makes my head (and other parts) tingle with goodness.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
JP will be moved off McDavid's line before the end of the second period.

So we're going to lose the next three and Jesse is going to be taken off the first line in two periods - what else you got? Freak earthquake through downtown Edmonton going to swallow Rogers Place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->