Speculation: Jesse Puljujärvi

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Is it worth it to take a shot at him ?

He will most likely be traded so why shouldn't the wings look at him, he's a big boy 6'4 212 and only 20.

The oilers will want the best deal they can get, what would be our best offer if interested ?

I would offer Jonatan Berggren, call me crazy.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
From what I've read he doesn't want to play in the AHL. He would most definitely have to play in the AHL in Detroit so I think it'd be a no-go from the get-go.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Would you want him if he were drafted in the 4th round instead of 4th overall? Because he is playing like a 4th rounder...

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

He will most likely be traded so why shouldn't the wings look at him, he's a big boy 6'4 212 and only 20.

The oilers will want the best deal they can get, what would be our best offer if interested ?

:help:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't know much about the kid other than THG having a favorable opinion about his prospects. Might not be a bad rebuilding piece for an aging team.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Okay you're crazy, Not giving up Berggren for Poolparty. Sorry not interested in Poolparty what so ever.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
I'm rooting for the kid. I used to follow him as much as I could back in his pre draft days, but when I watch him I see a player who really struggles to position himself well in relation to his teammates on the ice. I guess you can call it a iq problem. I don't really have confidence in our coaching staff in teaching him the game effectively and help him rise above.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I think this is the type of trade the Wings should be looking for. He's certainly lost the sheen he once had but you don't put up the number he did in his draft year by fluke and he is still just 20 years old. He's averaging just 27 seconds of PP time a game and is playing in a system that limits almost any sort of offense, unless you're McDavid or playing with him. I know it's not always a good barometer, but if you look at the list of players that have won the WJC MVP, not including goalies, there has not been a non-star to win it in almost 2 decades.

I'm not quite sure what we could move to entice the Oilers as I'm sure they want something to try and "save" the season. I'd move Nyquist or Jensen for him, possibly even Jensen+NYI 2nd. Given how low it is to hit on 2nd round picks, let alone get someone with upside of Puljujarvi, it would be foolish not to try and get him if we could. I think if you give Puljujarvi the rest of this season with the new team he'll be an entirely different player come the 2019-2020 season.

Reactions: Larkin1578

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
9 points in 46 games. You're right that's more like an UNDRAFTED guy

you realize that there's literally one 4th rounder that has played even a single game in the NHL yet from the draft Puljujarvi was taken in right?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
you realize that there's literally one 4th rounder that has played even a single game in the NHL yet from the draft Puljujarvi was taken in right?
I didn't say he looks like a 4th rounder FROM HIS DRAFT. I said he looks like a 4th rounder. You realize that right??

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'd take him for sure, I think it's way too early too give up on him, but it's good for him to get out of Edmonton. I don't think we really have anything Edmonton would want for him, they won't want a rental and I wouldn't want to give up any of our picks or prospects of equal value for him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

TG2V is hung up on the fourth rounder thing because that's what we got AA for.

Once the draft happens and the guys reach the NHL, the draft position doesn't matter anymore. Hank Lundqvist is a superstar goalie. He was taken in the 7th round. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were both Hall of Fame caliber players taken in the 6th and 7th rounds. Hell, Johnny Hockey was a fourth rounder himself.

E: And no, Puljujarvi looks like an underperforming rookie not a fourth rounder. Most fourth rounders don't make the NHL.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I didn't say he looks like a 4th rounder FROM HIS DRAFT. I said he looks like a 4th rounder. You realize that right??

so he looks like a 4th rounder that's an NHL regular?

that's something of an oxymoron isn't it?,the overwhelming majority of 4th rounders never play more than a handful of NHL games

about half of 4th rounders literally never play a single game in the NHL at any point

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
so he looks like a 4th rounder that's an NHL regular?

that's something of an oxymoron isn't it?,the overwhelming majority of 4th rounders never play more than a handful of NHL games

about half of 4th rounders literally never play a single game in the NHL at any point
My point is you guys are drooling over him for him going 4th overall which means absolutely nothing at this point.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
So you guys want a young kid to come play for a coach and a asst coach that will do everything they can to keep young players down? Maybe give them Abby???

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
TG2V is hung up on the fourth rounder thing because that's what we got AA for.

Once the draft happens and the guys reach the NHL, the draft position doesn't matter anymore. Hank Lundqvist is a superstar goalie. He was taken in the 7th round. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were both Hall of Fame caliber players taken in the 6th and 7th rounds. Hell, Johnny Hockey was a fourth rounder himself.

E: And no, Puljujarvi looks like an underperforming rookie not a fourth rounder. Most fourth rounders don't make the NHL.
No, that's actually what I'm "hung up on". If he didn't go 4th overall there would be no thread about acquiring him. This has nothing to do with AA it's just a coincidence that he went in the 4th.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
No, that's actually what I'm "hung up on". If he didn't go 4th overall there would be no thread about acquiring him. This has nothing to do with AA it's just a coincidence that he went in the 4th.

The reason people still talk about him is because he had a season that was very good and really showed what he can do when he is at his best. People would talk about him as a player of interest regardless of where he was drafted, I can't imagine a scenario where a season like his doesn't result in a top 5 pick though. He may not ever be superstar that was envisioned when he was drafted but he still has time to develop into a good player. I don't think anyone is arguing to move our 1st for him but if we had the opportunity to trade for him it's something we should explore.

Reactions: waltdetroit

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I think Puljujarvi is definitely someone that can flourish well in Detroit, but I'm not sure what I would want to give up to get him.

Reactions: Larkin1578

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad