Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
His skating was exceptional, I remember that he looked so dynamic and then the other shoe dropped. If it was because of the hip issues and that is now taken care of, he could surprise a lot of people next season.

That would be so huge for the Oilers. Even just an electric middle-six player.

Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
XXX - Nuge - Puljujarvi.

Then we need to trade for one top-6 left winger. Maybe Yams?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Not sure if this has been discussed or not but Teravainen's progression looked a lot like Jesse's currently. 4 years older, same slow start over 3 seasons then dumped for picks. Doing pretty great right now. Moving Jesse is dumb.
I don’t see it. Tervainen produced in the nhl right away in his first full season. He was developed much slower and better.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I don’t see it. Tervainen produced in the nhl right away in his first full season. He was developed much slower and better.

Very pedestrian numbers in his first 3 years after being drafted though, even in the AHL his numbers were very weak in his draft+3. Draft+4 season manages around 0.45ppg in the NHL. I think all his even strength goal scoring that year came playing with Toews and/or Kane.

Can't help but wonder how Pulju would have done if we gave him 2 full seasons in the A and this year was his 1st to hit NHL ice. He was pretty darn good as an 18 year old in the AHL. Lots of time to work on English with the reduced game schedule down there. Ugh.

Last edited:

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Not sure if this has been discussed or not but Teravainen's progression looked a lot like Jesse's currently. 4 years older, same slow start over 3 seasons then dumped for picks. Doing pretty great right now. Moving Jesse is dumb.
Ah but Teräväinen still showed those skills he had from the start.
Teräväinen was quite lazy summer practiser, took few years to get body ready. Also he mutch better in defence.

Totally diffrent players. Jesse has not show really anything.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Teräväinen was quite lazy summer practiser, took few years to get body ready. Also he mutch better in defence.

I think the body thing is the same with Jesse. He's also solid defensively, and has definitely shown flashes of skill. Remember the preseason?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
TT was developed better though. Stayed two years in Europe. Once he finally came over he split time between AHL and NHL.

Not sure there is much of a comparison between these two.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I'd give him one more year. If he craps the bed again, move him at the deadline in a hockey trade.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
I think the body thing is the same with Jesse. He's also solid defensively, and has definitely shown flashes of skill. Remember the preseason?
Puljujärvi has been spoken as one of the strongest etc. youngsters there. Teräväinen for not really practicing.

Teräväinen has had no problems ever reciving a pass.... :)

Sorry Cant see similarity here.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005

I swear to God talking to some of you guys is like arguing with a brick.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
If he craps the bed again, you may as well just give him away cause you're not going to get much of anything for him in a trade.

A fourth OA pick is not a guaranteed star. A very hit and miss draft spot traditionally.

Jessie isn't a Yakupov with no two way sense. He has solid positioning and an active well placed stick. He has the size and strength and skating to battle in all 3 zones. He has an nhl shot and can take and send elite passes.

Jessie's stats right now. Playing in a limited role, with limited ice time, no PP time, injuries, with limited line mates at his age IS respectable.

His play and stats suggest we got an nhl player at 4OA just not the star player we all thought.

There is no reason to trade this guy ever. He already has lower value than any impactful return we could possibly get for him. Unless used as a sweetener for a truly great return you don't move this player.

Jessie absolute floor is Magnus Paajarvi. Who is still a useful nhl player.

Hate the weird "we got to move this player before others find out he sucks" mantra many have here.

If Jessie actually sucks with no hope of development the people shouting this on these boards were the last to figure it out. Pro scouts will have already identified that Jessie is worth trading for or not.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
How so?
Different opinios to hard to accept?
Your opinion isnt just different. It’s inaccurate. You appear to want Jesse to fail and spouted “less than truthful” comments about him. No skill and Tervainen better defensively at same age?? Not a chance, pal. Any evidence that runs counter to your opinion is dismissed, so pointing a finger at anybody else and claiming I have difficulty with different opinions is quite ironic. With Jesse the size, speed, and skills have been obvious for years. The awkwardness and difficulties with puck battles is new. Overall, if he fails it will be because he may not have enough hockey sense, and he’s been developed extremely poorly. I sincerely hope a pain-free Jesse rolls into town and blows the doors off this year, SIUTBOHC.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Your opinion isnt just different. It’s inaccurate. You appear to want Jesse to fail and spouted “less than truthful” comments about him. No skill and Tervainen better defensively at same age?? Not a chance, pal. Any evidence that runs counter to your opinion is dismissed, so pointing a finger at anybody else and claiming I have difficulty with different opinions is quite ironic. With Jesse the size, speed, and skills have been obvious for years. The awkwardness and difficulties with puck battles is new. Overall, if he fails it will be because he may not have enough hockey sense, and he’s been developed extremely poorly. I sincerely hope a pain-free Jesse rolls into town and blows the doors off this year, SIUTBOHC.
Maby I wrote it wrong, but I do not think Teräväinen was better at defence back then, now he is pretty good.

Dunno.
I have seen Jesse play from 16 years old and even met him once.
He fumbled puck at Liiga also it is not new. Lack of time and space makes it look worse.
Nice dude and hope for the best.

But it looks bad.

I also hope he gets it going, but I am realist. Third line winger at tops.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Maby I wrote it wrong, but I do not think Teräväinen was better at defence back then, now he is pretty good.

Dunno.
I have seen Jesse play from 16 years old and even met him once.
He fumbled puck at Liiga also it is not new. Lack of time and space makes it look worse.
Nice dude and hope for the best.

But it looks bad.

I also hope he gets it going, but I am realist. Third line winger at tops.
Very reasoned response. I respect your opinion.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Very reasoned response. I respect your opinion.

Tellermine is a good poster. Not sure why the poster was called a troll earlier (not by you) on the basis of one post. There is a language difference involved, and what the poster is saying is completely reasonable. I respect as well that you revised your response above.

We're a testy bunch here on hfoil and sometimes with a shoot first, short fuse, mentality. Only the team having some success on ice will mitigate that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->