Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Although I may be a little late to the party but is there a Horcoff vs. Reinhart debate in this thread? I am confused.

Regardless, I like Jesse but he is going to have to figure some stuff out. I have this burned in memory of him passing the puck to Lucic when Lucic was changing and was offside by 2 feet. Hoping for him for sure.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Although I may be a little late to the party but is there a Horcoff vs. Reinhart debate in this thread? I am confused.

Regardless, I like Jesse but he is going to have to figure some stuff out. I have this burned in memory of him passing the puck to Lucic when Lucic was changing and was offside by 2 feet. Hoping for him for sure.

He reminds me of a backwards deer thats the odd deer out in a game of deer keep away.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Just want to say when he scores a goal next season, the Oilers DJ should play this

[assuming he's still playing for the Oil :sarcasm:]

Reactions: Oilers in NS

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder if any pizza joints have reached out to him in Edmonton to do advertising. Guy wouldn't even have to talk.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just want to say when he scores a goal next season, the Oilers DJ should play this

[assuming he's still playing for the Oil :sarcasm:]

It's funny because I associate this song with the 2006 Oilers run as it was one of "hot" songs that summer.

Reactions: frag2

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Credits to Kaapo_Kakko for posting this

That injury was a curve ball, didn’t see it coming. In hindsight that could explain a lot. Looking at him cycling on day 3 after operation, it’s obvious that the operation was minimally invasive, likely an arthroscopic one. If it was open surgery, he’d be happy to reach this stage of hip mobility sometime later in the summer. It’s too hard to guess where he’ll be at next TC, so I’m going to adopt a wait-and-see stance. A trade seems quite unlikely in these circumstances.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Looking at a guy like Vrana he's finally turned a corner at age 23 I think this fanbase needs to just cool their jets on running every 20-22 year old that doesn't immediately put it together. Hopefully he comes in next year completely healed from the hip problems and we can get a couple more veteran wingers (Johansson/Nyquist) so that the centers can be more spread out and JP gets regular minutes with 1 of the 3.

Markova

Mar 6, 2019
Any news or information about Pulju’s rehabilitation? At least now He has time to practise his stick and puck handling... ;)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Well, that more than explains the wobbling and loss of balance we kept seeing, especially in board battles. I sincerely hope he comes back next year looking ad dominant as he did in camp.

That's what I'm hoping for. You trade him now and its pennies on the dollar

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Any news or information about Pulju’s rehabilitation? At least now He has time to practise his stick and puck handling... ;)
I did hear the other day that he is in Edmonton. Was at Oil King game and somewhere else. Nice to see he is still around for his rehab

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Looking at a guy like Vrana he's finally turned a corner at age 23 I think this fanbase needs to just cool their jets on running every 20-22 year old that doesn't immediately put it together. Hopefully he comes in next year completely healed from the hip problems and we can get a couple more veteran wingers (Johansson/Nyquist) so that the centers can be more spread out and JP gets regular minutes with 1 of the 3.
Puljujarvi would get regular minutes with one of the 3 if he wasn't a worse hockey player than our bad hockey player wingers we already have.

Kid could absolutely turn it around still but he isn't close to that. He will be in the NHL next year cause we f***ed up his contract status, but based on his current play if he is above the 4th line we probably have a really bad lineup again unless he doubles to triples his ability

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Remember the preseason this year? Pulju had like a goal per game, and looked so dominant. I wonder why that completely disappeared into the season.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Remember the preseason this year? Pulju had like a goal per game, and looked so dominant. I wonder why that completely disappeared into the season.
Ty Rattie was the best player in preseason by a wide margin.

It's preseason.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Ty Rattie was the best player in preseason by a wide margin.

It's preseason.

I know, but the amount of times Pulju went around people was insane. The coaches have to encourage using those tools. He will never be a high IQ player. They have to teach him to play to his strengths.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I know, but the amount of times Pulju went around people was insane. The coaches have to encourage using those tools. He will never be a high IQ player. They have to teach him to play to his strengths.
His strengths are apparent when he has to put no effort in. When it's easy for him to blow past guys he will do it. When it's hard he seems to not even try. Guy is missing that...push in his game.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think Jesse may be wearing a different jersey by the time next season starts.

Last edited:

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I think Jesse may be wearing a different jersey by the time next season starts.

Given the injury, I'd be surprised. Not many teams going to pay much for a questionable prospect who is also recovering from surgery. Maybe a few months into season if he makes Training Camp.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

His skating was exceptional, I remember that he looked so dynamic and then the other shoe dropped. If it was because of the hip issues and that is now taken care of, he could surprise a lot of people next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->