Value of: Jesse "Poolparty" Puljujarvi

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Now that he has been in the league for a bit I just wanted to see what the current take on the player is as he has been a bit quite. How does everyone view him and what has changed since he has been drafted. What do you think his value would be worth in a vacuum?

Note: This isn't about anything other than the player in a vacuum so please refrain from topics on how this fits in with EDM or if they would/wouldn't. I'd just like to get a more accurate take on the player. Thanks

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Not done much but Tmac gave him zero pp time over 2 seasons which is weird and plays him 3/4 line. Never got tried with mcdavid or Drai for long periods of time which again weird coaching call in a lost season.

He is only 20 and I wanna see what he can do this year with new coaching.

It's one of those things to HF bust or borderline bust but to me still hope he can be top 6 player. With that frame worst case scenario 3rd liner

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Not done much but Tmac gave him zero pp time over 2 seasons which is weird and plays him 3/4 line. Never got tried with mcdavid or Drai for long periods of time which again weird coaching call in a lost season.

It's one of those things to HF bust or borderline bust but to me still hope he can be top 6 player. With that frame worst case scenario 3rd liner

Where do you think he'll end up? Has he been good but just not given the ice time or has he just not lived up to expectations?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Hard to gauge at the moment but there is no point in giving up on a 20 year old player. Everyone else is allowed to develop their players, why not Edmonton?

I'm not saying they should give up be has it been that rough to where that's an actual question on him? Has he been that bad?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He's a sound player at 20, just lacking some offensive flair so far, although he wasn't exactly given much opportunity to display that last year. Edmonton should value him as a top 5 pick still. There is zero reason to move him for less than that unless they see some major flaws that aren't apparent on the ice during games. Just let him develop.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
This is a pretty clear case of those who follow the team/player and those who don't.

His value remains very high and this isn't a buy-low situation... he has continued along the development path that was expected of him

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I'm a big fan of his since day one, I really hope and believe he can put it all together.

I think something that has been overrated at the time was his IQ at that hurts him right now in his adaptation, maybe someone from EDM could confirm?

But with the rest of his skillset he can still become a solid forward in this league. He remind me a bit of a Blake Wheeler, so maybe his development will take more time too.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I really don't think Puljujarvi becomes anything noteworthy at this point. Bottom-6 energy player maybe though.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I really don't think Puljujarvi becomes anything noteworthy at this point. Bottom-6 energy player maybe though.

Yikes. Do you think maybe a change of scenery would help him reach a top 6 role or do you think its just the player

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

If Jesse Puljujarvi - Full Stats, Line Combos and Game Logs

is accurate he spent 40% of his even strength time this season with McDavid and 18.2 with Nugent-Hopkins. I don't think it's fair to say he didn't get enough time with top players.

He just simply hasn't produced in the opportunities he's been given and hasn't earned power play time so far.

Which is ok because he's still young and he can progress. It's not his fault that the Oilers have chosen to butcher his development for no apparent reason.

Hopefully he can overcome that, grow into his frame and learn to utilize the natural abilities he does have to become an effective top 6 player.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Bust alert.

Id move him for a similar struggling prospect but not a 1st rnd pick.

MDZ for Puljujarvi?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Jesse Puljujarvi - Full Stats, Line Combos and Game Logs

is accurate he spent 40% of his even strength time this season with McDavid and 18.2 with Nugent-Hopkins. I don't think it's fair to say he didn't get enough time with top players.

He just simply hasn't produced in the opportunities he's been given and hasn't earned power play time so far.

Which is ok because he's still young and he can progress. It's not his fault that the Oilers have chosen to butcher his development for no apparent reason.

Hopefully he can overcome that, grow into his frame and learn to utilize the natural abilities he does have to become an effective top 6 player.

The only constant for Pulujarvi this year was having Lucic on the other wing, so he was essentially playing the year short handed. ;)

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yikes. Do you think maybe a change of scenery would help him reach a top 6 role or do you think its just the player
I've never been high on this player and thought he was very overrated prior to the 2016 drat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad