Jesse Niinimaki (sp?) question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Goalie Terrorizer said:
Not so long ago, I heard quite a lot of talks about this Oilers draftee but now it seems that nobody talks about him. How good of a prospect do you think he is ? Do you think he is underrated ? Finally, where is he playing this year and how is he doing so far ? Thanks a lot !

Check the Oilers board, there's at least one thread dedicated to him.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
he started the year with 6 pts in 10 games, and in that 10th game suffered a season-ending shoulder injury.

so that's probably why there isn't much new info about him at the moment, though hopefully a finnish poster or two might get an injury update on Niinimaki in awhile. He's supposed to be out for roughly 5 months, we'll see how that goes I guess.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
Reign Nateo said:
I have no basis for saying this, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Oilers made a mistake.

I have no basis for saying this, and I hope I'm wrong, but that post makes you look like a total idiot.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Boondock Saint said:
I have no basis for saying this, and I hope I'm wrong, but that post makes you look like a total idiot.

Yeah it came off silly, but I was trying to be cautious, his numbers have not been good for someone unexpectly picked so high.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
We at the Oilers board think he'll be just fine.
He's kinda raw right now but the potential is there. 6 pts in 10 games in the Finnish league isn't an easy task for a youngster. Playing on the 3rd line nonetheless.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Uh...not much to say...

about an injured guy.

Once he heals up and continues to develop, I fully expect him to be a solid two-way, 40 pt per year NHL'er one day. That may not sound like much production, but his balance on o' to d' and grit are excellent, which makes him an excellent possible 2nd liner and special teams guy.

A good fit for the Oilers.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
seen him play many times at the World Juniors here in Halifax last year...I thought he was great, he is still a bit rough around the edges but the talent level is there to play with. He is an extremley good stickhandler who is very shifty on his skates and seems to have the puck on a string on the ice. He is a good playmaker and goes to the net, he just needs to get stronger and learn to not hang on to the puck to waite for the pretty play. This guy has a ton of talent and is a great pick by the Oilers...this guy IMO has the talent to be a star if brought along right.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
He's done nothing to show he wasn't worth the pick. And nothing to show that players who were projected to go ahead of him, and didn't, should have, if that makes any sense. The Oilers are definitely excited about him, and it's too bad about his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad