Jesse Forsberg

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
(Sorry if a thread has been made on this) What ever happened to him? Last year he was suppose to be a potential 1st rounder to mid 2nd rounder. Now he wasn't even drafted. The only problem I have heard about him a lot is his temper.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
There seems to be too many forsberg prospects, that's his problem. He's got filip and alex to compete with.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I've heard a lot of knocks on his skating too. Smallish, non-offensive defensemen with skating issues usually don't do too well in the draft.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Odd skating style, offensive game never developed like it should have. Those are likely the two biggest reasons.

He's very physical and will fight anybody, but I guess he just wasn't well rounded enough for a team to want to take a chance.

He was the biggest shocker from the WHL for me for guys going undrafted, along with Stastny and Benson.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Odd skating style, offensive game never developed like it should have. Those are likely the two biggest reasons.

He's very physical and will fight anybody, but I guess he just wasn't well rounded enough for a team to want to take a chance.

He was the biggest shocker from the WHL for me for guys going undrafted, along with Stastny and Benson.
I wasn't really that surprised to see him go undrafted, but Benson was a head scratcher.
It looks like the scouts probably knew something we didn't about Stastny though, since he's already back in Slovakia.

What was surprising, however, is that Benson and Forsberg didn't even get camp invites AFAIK.

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Prince George has a coach with a HORRID record developing NHL players, he took Forsberg from a good prospect to somebody that no one wanted.

KingJet*

I know a few people that met him and they said he was both an Idiot and a Nutjob and something was wrong with him, also a short temper. But some played against him said he was alright just skates funny and beaks all the time.

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
A few comments......

Forsberg was playing injured in the latter half of the year.
He had off season surgery (arm) which prevented / prevents him from attending any camps.
He has a different skating style but is a smart hockey player.
He will play pro and I don't mean the SPHL, CHL, ECHL.

Dean Clark is the PG coach and he has developed alot of players into pros- Tootoo, Stuart, Fehr, Christensen, Boychuk, Craig, Cunning, Dubnyk, Ellerby, Kassian to name some that immediately come to mind.
He also coached Brett Connolly the last 2 years and Brett progressed nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->