Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's ok for people not to trust anything MB does, it's not like we have a stellar track record of development during his tenure and Kotka is supposed to be the start of the beautiful future where MB doesn't exist along with Julien and the entire pro scouting staff. Where we actually become a cup contender again down the road and it starts with Kotka being a big time player for us. So if they make any mistakes with him, it just sets us back even further and who knows how far back we already are and how much worse it will get before the madness ends.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Youre a broken record at times. He needs to get stronger. I dont give a rats ass if he can put up 30 next year, i want him to be an elite 1C.
If he could put up 30 wouldn't that make him an elite 1C? There were 18 centres that did that in the NHL last year and only 10 the year before.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Just created back to back scoring chances (I think hard to tell it's him, but i'm 95% sure it is)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Arpon Basu is in Finland watching Kotkanimi.

Had dinner with him and his family. Will write reports for the Athletic. But in the mean time had an interview on tsn690:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/basu-learning-more-about-jesperi-kotkaniemi-1.1158450

Basu doesn't say a whole lot, saving it for his articles. But he did say he learned Kotkaniemi has been playing with the U20 national team since he was 14. He also said Kotkaniemi is very mature and not reserved/shy/awkward especially for his age.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
3 games, 5 points(1+4). Not bad. This guy will dominate so hard if he stays in FEL.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
speaking purely stylistically...and not saying he's the "next one".

But i'm getting an Anze Kopitar feel when I watch him.

Heads up, always anticipating the play, he's shifty and clever with the puck in tight.
With the same physical play? I think I read somewhere Ryan Johansen?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
With the same physical play? I think I read somewhere Ryan Johansen?
I don't know about physical play, didn't really see any of that...so can't comment on that part.

But I can't say how impressed I am with his playmaking/anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad