Jesperi Kotkaniemi Vs Brady Tkachuk

Jesperi Kotkaniemi Vs Brady Tkachuk

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Tkachuk is a far better player and always will be so him. But i am glad KK has looked better in the playoffs so far then he has for most of the regular season.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
To be fair to Tkachuk, I would like to see him in the playoffs to see what he can do.
KK seems to elevate his game in the playoffs and that is good news for Habs fans.
So right now, Tkachuk in the regular season, playoffs are TBD but KK has a leg up by default.

Reactions: Xspyrit

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
It's Tkachuk, this isn't basketball where Hornets era Chris Paul could will a team to a playoff spot, the Sens are a rebuilding team and the league standings reflect that. It's not even a playoff argument because if you look at Brady's game it's clear he would thrive in that environment.

Reactions: wetcoast

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
It's Tkachuk, this isn't basketball where Hornets era Chris Paul could will a team to a playoff spot, the Sens are a rebuilding team and the league standings reflect that. It's not even a playoff argument because if you look at Brady's game it's clear he would thrive in that environment.
Explain it if it is so clear?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
can we not do this until at least the end of next season, please.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Brady has been the better regular season player, getting more minutes though.

Kk has stepped it up in the post season, but Tkachuk hasn't played in one yet.

I would say it's still Tkachuk, or worst tied until Tkachuk gets into the post season and we can see what he brings.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Didn't we just do this?

Brady's better today but I still take KK on the Habs based purely on team composition. We need him for our center depth, we have lots of wingers.

Hopefully KK can close the gap between them going forward.

Reactions: Gravity

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Pretty much this and while I think KK is a pretty decent young player this shouldn't even be close.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
this hot take poll is 5 years early. Too early to evaluate who will have the better career. Tkachuk has had the better career to date but is also about a year older.
Does a team need a strong, physical, two-way C who can chip in 55-60 pts or the power forward agitator who will score 25 a year?
I think both teams are happy right now.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Does a team need a strong, physical, two-way C who can chip in 55-60 pts or the power forward agitator who will score 25 a year?

I like how the player who has never paced to score higher than 35 points is projected to add 25-30 points but the guy who has paced for 25 goals in all 3 seasons is projected to score 25 goals.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It made me laugh. I'm glad you have a reasonable explanation.
glad you laughed, most Sens fans have no sense of humour. The initial question was 'who do you take' and I responded it was based on need.
I apologize, let's project Brady at 30 goals a year, better? Maybe more! I like the player a lot- before you or other ottawa fans insecurities get in the way.
As per kotkaniemi, for the 100000th X, his first year numbers in the NHL (youngest player btw) were on par with elite C's.
His second year was a mess and he was injured all year. When he was sent down to rehab he was a point a game player in the AHL. In the bubble he scored
4 in 10 games which essentially flushed Domi out of montreal.
This year, he's still in the top 12 youngest players in the league.
He's gotten yo-yoed with line mates and two coaches who ask different things of him.
and guess what?
NHL centers' playoff goals before age 21:

Kotkaniemi - 7 (and counting)
McDavid - 5
Matthews - 5
Yzerman - 5
Messier - 3
Beliveau - 0
Mario - 0
Dionne - 0
Espo - 0
Sakic - 0
Malkin - 0
Francis - 0
Sundin - 0

now you can look at this as a hot take, or as a reasonable explanation for why i think he will emerge as a 55-60 PT two-way C.
I'm getting tired of having to explain to people factual reality, when they don't actually watch Montreal.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
glad you laughed, most Sens fans have no sense of humour. The initial question was 'who do you take' and I responded it was based on need.
I apologize, let's project Brady at 30 goals a year, better? Maybe more! I like the player a lot- before you or other ottawa fans insecurities get in the way.
As per kotkaniemi, for the 100000th X, his first year numbers in the NHL (youngest player btw) were on par with elite C's.
His second year was a mess and he was injured all year. When he was sent down to rehab he was a point a game player in the AHL. In the bubble he scored
4 in 10 games which essentially flushed Domi out of montreal.
This year, he's still in the top 12 youngest players in the league.
He's gotten yo-yoed with line mates and two coaches who ask different things of him.
and guess what?
NHL centers' playoff goals before age 21:

Kotkaniemi - 7 (and counting)
McDavid - 5
Matthews - 5
Yzerman - 5
Messier - 3
Beliveau - 0
Mario - 0
Dionne - 0
Espo - 0
Sakic - 0
Malkin - 0
Francis - 0
Sundin - 0

now you can look at this as a hot take, or as a reasonable explanation for why i think he will emerge as a 55-60 PT two-way C.
I'm getting tired of having to explain to people factual reality, when they don't actually watch Montreal.

Bolded played zero playoff games before age 21 lol. Malkin played 5 games. Yzerman played 7.

So, in the end you can compare him to McDavid, Matthews and Messier. That's still impressive and I think your expectation for Kotkaniemi's potential is reasonable. But you can't call Ottawa fans "insecure" and then leave out info in order to prop up your own player. Someone posted a better list on Reddit. Feel free to use that one.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->