Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi: The Eagle has landed (Made the team!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The sad thing is that this management team is quite likely ready to let fan excitement factor into the decision...

I don’t think so. Everyone said the same thing about Mete last year and look how much he progressed in just a year. They also didn’t hesitate to send down Suzuki. I’m sure they’ll do what’s best for Kotkaniemi future whether if it means staying for the year or going back to Finland

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Connor mcD would have returned to juniors, that's is not a comparable to the Finnish pro League.

Connor mcD is a generational talent who was dominant in the NHL from year one. Again, not a comparable to JKo.

What benefit do you see for JKO playing in the NHL this year?

That/those benefits need to outweigh the cap & physical/emotional risks that accompany keeping him here this year.

I don't think they do.
I guess i see it if he fits in in the big leagues, he develops faster. Like playing major junior, a lesser league could be a waste of time.

If he belongs in the nhl, he doesn't belong in a lesser league. It would be like saying Danault would benefit from a year in the ahl.

We'll find out shortly if he belongs here. Right now it looks like he does.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I don’t think so. Everyone said the same thing about Mete last year and look how much he progressed in just a year. They also didn’t hesitate to send down Suzuki. I’m sure they’ll do what’s best for Kotkaniemi future whether if it means staying for the year or going back to Finland

Again, Mete was either NHL or juniors, not comparable.

Suzuki was clearly not NHL ready, not comparable.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I guess i see it if he fits in in the big leagues, he develops faster. Like playing major junior, a lesser league could be a waste of time.

If he belongs in the nhl, he doesn't belong in a lesser league. It would be like saying Danault would benefit from a year in the ahl.

We'll find out shortly if he belongs here. Right now it looks like he does.

Petterson who is almost 2yrs older, (1yr7mos), certainly wasn't hurt by spending last year in Europe.

Again, it's not a question of whether or not JKo can be an NHL regular, it's the reality that his development won't suffer at all, and likely would be enhanced (less pressure, less physical risk, easier ability to be a dominant top 6 contributor) by spending another year (or even two) overseas.

Not too mention giving the org. an extra year of ELC, which, given our situation, would be tactically wise.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
The sad thing is that this management team is quite likely ready to let fan excitement factor into the decision...

yup, they showed in the past that fan's opinion factor into their decisions.....remember the Subban trade and not too far away Galcheiniuk trade

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Petterson who is almost 2yrs older, (1yr7mos), certainly wasn't hurt by spending last year in Europe.

Again, it's not a question of whether or not JKo can be an NHL regular, it's the reality that his development won't suffer at all, and likely would be enhanced (less pressure, less physical risk, easier ability to be a dominant top 6 contributor) by spending another year (or even two) overseas.

Not too mention giving the org. an extra year of ELC, which, given our situation, would be tactically wise.
How was Pettersons camp last fall (2017)? Did he impress at the level that kotka did?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Eagle landed on July 20th 1969, so our Eagle will win the SCC about a month short of 50yrs. later!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance::vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::wave::wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad