Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi: The Eagle has landed (Made the team!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Yes I know that rule...but I don't that's as much of an issue now.

It's the 40 game mark that's the key

As in they've already made a decision before seeing him in regular season games? Can't say that'd surprise me.
What's the rush though?

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
There is a whole lot of pointless, over use of strong scientific vocabulary being spewed here for absolutely nothing.

Im a great accountant, have an above average IQ and other skills and talents. It doesnt mean i can lace them up and be McDavid.

Similarly,McDavid cant turn around and be as good at math as me,just because he is good at hockey.

Thats why many people, pratice many different professions. Some flip hamburgers at McD, some are accountants,and some are hockey players.

Whats important here,is the ACTUAL topic of this thread. Kotka is a helluva player and has great vision. We need a natural center with his abilities in our lineup. No reason he shouldnt start if he is one of the best of 23 in the organization.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don't think the Habs have said they're keeping him all year...it's a game to game thing.
I suppose with the state of the team and it's direction going forward, a year off his ELC doesn't hold same kind of value as it would on a playoff team.

Comes down to securing the 8 years of RFA status vs risk messing with his environment in an important development year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 417

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
There is a whole lot of pointless, over use of strong scientific vocabulary being spewed here for absolutely nothing.

Im a great accountant, have an above average IQ and other skills and talents. It doesnt mean i can lace them up and be McDavid.

Similarly,McDavid cant turn around and be as good at math as me,just because he is good at hockey.

Thats why many people, pratice many different professions. Some flip hamburgers at McD, some are accountants,and some are hockey players.

Whats important here,is the ACTUAL topic of this thread. Kotka is a helluva player and has great vision. We need a natural center with his abilities in our lineup. No reason he shouldnt start if he is one of the best of 23 in the organization.

Would have been smart to stay out of it if you are not interested by it. <---

It's relevant to the topic, because some are arguing that Coconut should be sent back based on the fact that he's more injury prone because of his age. Discussing IQ is relevant here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was looking at Dahlin who is 6'-2", 181 lbs. Kotkaniemi is 6'-2", 187 lbs. Haven't watched Dahlin play too much in pre-season and wondering if he looks bigger than Kotkaniemi does?

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Jordan is explaining something I heard 20 teachers explain. Facts are facts.

Cool, might as well share a speech of something positive or factual Hitler said as opposed to all his horrible ones. Facts are facts! That means we can throw it aside if someone completely disgusting is saying them.

Use the 20 others you heard.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Would have been smart to stay out of it if you are not interested by it. <---

It's relevant to the topic, because some are arguing that Coconut should be sent back based on the fact that he's more injury prone because of his age. Discussing IQ is relevant here.

Pretty ironic claiming what is smart and what's not, when you tell me IQ is relevant to being injury prone because of age. One has nothing to do with the other.

I can be a genius or as dumb as a door knob, it wouldnt make me any more or less injury prone.

But hey,who am i to burst your bubble,keep preaching Einstein Jr.

Reactions: McTusk

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I was looking at Dahlin who is 6'-2", 181 lbs. Kotkaniemi is 6'-2", 187 lbs. Haven't watched Dahlin play too much in pre-season and wondering if he looks bigger than Kotkaniemi does?

I think Coconut is a bit bigger. I always find the helmet to be deceptive when trying to gauge size from above (just me?).

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Cool, might as well share a speech of something positive or factual Hitler said as opposed to all his horrible ones. Facts are facts! That means we can throw aside if someone completely disgusting is saying them.

Use the 20 others you heard.

As I explained, none are on Youtube.

Beside, what you say amount to defamation, so I won't comment any further.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Pretty ironic claiming what is smart and what's not, when you tell me IQ is relevant to being injury prone because of age. One has nothing to do with the other.

I can be a genius or as dumb as a door knob, it wouldnt make me any more or less injury prone.

But hey,who am i to burst your bubble,keep preaching Einstein Jr.

I don't have the sport papers on hand, but I recall seeing one about career longevity and IQ
It looked like this one:
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
What message are you sending after he has a good showing against one of, if not the best 1-2-3 punch in the league? You can’t just have a plan and say it doesn’t matter how you perform we’re sticking to it. A lot of development comes from rewarding results, as is the case in any business. Give him the few games he deserves and keep re-evaluating.

There's no upside to him playing in the NHL as a green 18 year old. Why do some teams keep really high 18 year old draft picks, or people who completely surprise at camps? Because they are likely going back to junior, which may be too low of a level.

Kotka would be going back to a men's league that is one of the better ones in the world. Let him progress on his own timetable. Like I said - there's not much upside to keeping him here this season.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Peterson is definitely not the awful human being he's portrayed as. His utter disdain for the 'radical' left (though he allows their humanity on many occasions) and collectivists is supplemented by an incredible amount of compassion for the individual which I find genuine.

He often talks about how dismal and awful the literature on IQ is. He doesn't cite its findings with any particular amount of glee. It seems like it could use some fine tuning maybe or more nuance about it's biases but ultimately it's a pretty good predictor of future 'success'. I don't think you can just ignore IQ though I'm sure it could be improved or refined.

Reactions: NoQuinn

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
As I explained, none are on Youtube.

Beside, what you say amount to defamation, so I won't comment any further.

Peterson does make many valid points, but right now he is a cult figure to his often distasteful fanbase which makes him irritating. It's very hard to be neutral to him when so many people worship him like a God. He makes some mistakes, and they annoy me. But it may be the case that I would let them slide if not for his annoying and rabid fanbase, and just sit back and enjoy his insights. It is also the case that he is, unintentionally or otherwise, catering to their problematic side and indulging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad