Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi- So You See That's Where The Trouble Began,That Smile,That Damned Smile Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
For the skilled and hardworking, there's no better development than in the best league in the world.
When I saw the progression from rookie camp to training camp, I had a real good feeling this kid could adapt quickly and learn on the go. I think the right decision was made, even if he doesn't score another point this year I think he's lived up to expectations.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
You can really sense he took an additional step mentally in the last few games. He's making things happen almost every shift now, both with and without the puck . It's hard not to get excited about where his talents might take him development wise .

Reactions: Redux91

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Kotkaniemi has looked different the last two games. It's noticeable. He hasn't fallen down, he hasn't passed blindly, he hasn't skated into traps, he hasn't been physically dominated. There's been a marked uptick in his learning curve, as if the game has slowed down just enough for him to do the Peter Parker thing, where his spidey-powers kick in as Flash Gordon's fist approaches in slow motion.

The boy is becoming a man. Oy... I'm all emotional...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kotkaniemi has looked different the last two games. It's noticeable. He hasn't fallen down, he hasn't passed blindly, he hasn't skated into traps, he hasn't been physically dominated. There's been a marked uptick in his learning curve, as if the game has slowed down just enough for him to do the Peter Parker thing, where his spidey-powers kick in as Flash Gordon's fist approaches in slow motion.

Nerd alert

Reactions: Lshap

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Same thing happened almost exactly 1 year ago, round abouts. He was way back in the first round, after having a rough October in Liiga, and not even making the selection camp. Then January came and he scored some beauty goals, dominated his peers at the 5 nations, before doing what he did at the U18s. Sharpshooter fallacy be damned, I'm excited for the next few months.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Easily one of the prettiest goals so far this season... Cant believe this kid is only 18 and one of the youngest kids in the last draft, he already plays and thinks the game like a vet... His IQ is off the chart, once he matures physically, sky is the limit!

To think I was depressed when we got the 3rd overall pick missing so short on Svechnikov, ask me now how I feel about that?? :nod:

Same here, but I really wanted Dahlin or Svech.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
It was less the power move and more the jedi mind trick on matheson that impressed me.

It looked like that, isn't it? I had the same thought. For some reason, Matheson stopped skating completely, and I wonder what body language trick KK did to make him think the play was dead.

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
tenor (1).gif
Shhh...our secret ;)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's funny because we heard everything about KK from his low hockey IQ, to his godawful skating and his,clearly, average skills.

Oh, and I still think we could have drafted him 20th.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
It's funny because we heard everything about KK from his low hockey IQ, to his godawful skating and his,clearly, average skills.

The knee jerk reactions are almost as steady as the tide. Just wait until the next time KK has a 10 game or so pointless streak and suddenly he'll be the worst player ever.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

Don't forget the "I wish we had Tkachuk instead, he looks like a beast".... /look at Tkachuk stats 21 pts in 35 games vs 23 pts in 48 games for KK. Yeah, so much more awesome....

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

To be honest I havent really read any low IQ comments about him. Youd have to be next level stupid to call that when looking at Kotkaniemi... or maybe not watch him at all.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Too early to say anything with certainty of course. However, topics like this should be open for discussion or these threads would be pretty quiet.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't get posters who prefer not to talk about it or increase their hype on a certain player and then go into a thread telling others to stop. Go to another thread if you don't like it.

Reactions: sandviper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad