Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part VIII) - Pretty Mintniemi Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
But is he scratched because he's being outperformed? Or is Weal a better player than him? I don't think so. You don't really scratch guys based on practice unless they are on the bubble and mailing it in. Julien said "fatigue" but KK yesterday said he wasn't tired.

Or is he being scratched because of service time and a coach who has historically leaned on veterans during tough times (even to a fault)? I can't count how many times this year he's taken KK out of a key faceoff situation only to have the vet he replaced him with get beat and then we get scored on.

Is making the playoffs and probably getting obliterated by Tampa worth any gaps in KK's development? That's the worry. It's easy to say "he's played a lot, this will be good for him" but we don't know him or how he reacts and he's had a year and a half straight of virtually no setbacks. Sitting him for the most important stretch of our season for an inferior player isn't good.

All we know is what we are being told by Julien which could be the truth or not.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
All we know is what we are being told by Julien which could be the truth or not.

Talk about creating drama.

What's easier to believe :

A) They want to rest the youngest player in the league so he doesn't get burned out.

B) This is a punishment for *something* that they don't want us to know about.

C) Julien think Weal is a better player than KK.

:huh:

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I know, it may be a good acquisition, but why hes getting reps instead of Kotkaniemi is beyond me. He needs to play.
I think b cause they both need to be in the top 9 to succeed. KK has looked off, so who else would sit in the top 9? The only other thing to do would be to drop Armia to the 4th and sit Weise, but Armia is still effective on the 3rd.
This is a fantastic problem to have because it means they’re 100% healthy. We haven’t been able to say that in a long time. I’ve said from the beginning that health will play a major part in success this year. Hopefully it continues into the playoffs.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Talk about creating drama.

What's easier to believe :

A) They want to rest the youngest player in the league so he doesn't get burned out.

B) This is a punishment for *something* that they don't want us to know about.

C) Julien think Weal is a better player than KK.

:huh:
Well said. Too many conspiracy theorists on this board. Julien has played the kid in many situations. He has confidence in him or he wouldn’t have played so many games. And I don’t blame Bergevin for getting Weal either. That could be a great depth move at the very least. Pierre Maguire was saying great things about the kid and so was Gally when they played against each other as kids. We could have another Byron (who can win draws) on our hands. You never know.
KK will be back and will be successful. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think b cause they both need to be in the top 9 to succeed. KK has looked off, so who else would sit in the top 9? The only other thing to do would be to drop Armia to the 4th and sit Weise, but Armia is still effective on the 3rd.
This is a fantastic problem to have because it means they’re 100% healthy. We haven’t been able to say that in a long time. I’ve said from the beginning that health will play a major part in success this year. Hopefully it continues into the playoffs.
Do you honestly believe Kotka isnt effective? I hadnt seen the prior games but the concerns have been overblown, I have seen nothing but steady improvement from him.

Reactions: philipsson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m not watching another game until KK gets back into the lineup.

So your upcoming user name change is going to involve KK?

Your Drouin suffering days will soon be behind you. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Drouin92

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
If Weal could handle 3C the lines could look like this:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Shaw
Drouin - Weal - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Lehkonen

Is it too soon to put Kotkaniemi in that kind of position?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
tenor.gif

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Do you honestly believe Kotka isnt effective? I hadnt seen the prior games but the concerns have been overblown, I have seen nothing but steady improvement from him.
i agree with you ; Julien is doing a great job with him :yo:

Reactions: Redux91

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

If you have not seen a drop in KK's play in the last 4-5 games you probably didnt watch the games, i'm ok with CJ's decision .......it would be good in the long run, he'll be back in the line up tuesday against the Wings and i expect a strong finish from him

Reactions: Guns n Roses

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If you have not seen a drop in KK's play in the last 4-5 games you probably didnt watch the games, i'm ok with CJ's decision .......it would be good in the long run, he'll be back in the line up tuesday against the Wings and i expect a strong finish from him

Which Clod to listen to? The Monday one or the Tuesday one?

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
I was kind of skeptical that these few days of rest he'd gotten up until this point would really be enough so even though it's disappointing, I doubt he'll be playing tomorrow either.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You mean it didn't ruin Mete? I thought all this called up/sent down stuff was only there to destroy prospects?
it helped when the dumbass coaching the Rockets was finally being replaced.

and it's not like Mete did a lot of ups and downs anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->