Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part VIII) - Pretty Mintniemi Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Barely top 6 for centers WHILE playing 18 minutes a night and playing with Tatar and Gallagher, yeah, no, he's not a top 6er, not anymore than Kotkaniemi.
How can we compare Coconut to Danault? Coconut is an 18 year old 3rd overall pick being developed as a 3rd line center... My bad! 4th line winger now. In any case, there is no comparison IMO

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If we cant compare KK and brady tkachuk this year, cause brady is older. I will do it next year. I hope for KK that he will progress. Because im watching brady plays and a game physical or not. He has not matter to play with poise

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If we cant compare KK and brady tkachuk this year, cause brady is older. I will do it next year. I hope for KK that he will progress. Because im watching brady plays and a game physical or not. He has not matter to play with poise

Brady is a force and will be a force.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
People need to be patient with Koktaniemi. Give him some time to fill out a little bit. Tkachuk had a nice first season but I'm confident KK will be the better player in the long run.

Dongstoppable

Oct 12, 2017
Playing a few games on the wing down the lineup after a very impressive season played entirely at his natural position isn't going to ruin him. His play did fall off, but that's absolutely normal for a literal child playing the most strenuous schedule he's ever had at the highest level in the world. No one is going to remember the few games he played on the wing. It isn't like Galchenyuk where the problem was systemic and he was actively prevented from being a center.

Reactions: demetan33

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Playing a few games on the wing down the lineup after a very impressive season played entirely at his natural position isn't going to ruin him. His play did fall off, but that's absolutely normal for a literal child playing the most strenuous schedule he's ever had at the highest level in the world. No one is going to remember the few games he played on the wing. It isn't like Galchenyuk where the problem was systemic and he was actively prevented from being a center.

Agree on KK but no way was Galchenyuk actively prevented from being a center. He just didn’t not have the hockey iq to become a good c.

Jul 6, 2016
The issue with KK is that he seem to have lose some confidence he doesn’t have the same poise with the puck that he had earlier seem to think and panic or freeze

Lack of experience. Lack of stamina after such a long season for a 18 yo boy. He will come back strong.

Reactions: DXStriker

Jul 6, 2016
Agree on KK but no way was Galchenyuk actively prevented from being a center. He just didn’t not have the hockey iq to become a good c.

You can write 1000 more posts stating that and a majority of poster here would not believe you.

Eller is a 2nd line centre. Galchy is a 1st line centerman. Subban is among the three best NHL d-men.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Danault will never be a top 6 player, thats the main reason why i don't want him playing on the first line, but it may be hard to grasp. Nobody has ever said Danault was bad, Danault is good, he's a good player. But him playing over better players is not fine. Domi/Kotkaniemi should get the ice-time. You can't make a potato into a beautiful flower, you need a flower for that.
Have you ever seen a potato plant flower at the end of the growing season? Potatoes do make flowers and they are actually quite beautiful.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The issue with KK is that he seem to have lose some confidence he doesn’t have the same poise with the puck that he had earlier seem to think and panic or freeze
Yeah, and what could've done that, gee, I wonder!

May have something to do with being benched every 3rd period and now being on the 4th line, but what do I know, I ain't no Julien! The great talent developer.

Jul 6, 2016
Some might be saying the same thing about Kk after a few years.

KK has shown more brain and skills as a centerman this year than all the times Galchy was tried at center in Montreal and Arizona.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
So in hindsight, Brady Tkachuk or Jesperi Kotkaniemi?

Just asking. Relax. I prefer having Jesperi because of his potential. But Brady put up a great rookie season.

BT was always the more NHL ready player. He definitely impressed, but I’m of the same mind as you.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So in hindsight, Brady Tkachuk or Jesperi Kotkaniemi?

Just asking. Relax. I prefer having Jesperi because of his potential. But Brady put up a great rookie season.
Tkachuk seems to have the same type of swagger that his brother has, watching the Ranger fans boo him the other night was funny, he loved it. Tkachuk senior trained his boys very well, they both look like veterans out there. We needed a center and Kk if given the chance (and being given the chance means being allowed to develop and not being constantly yanked around) will become a good player for us for many years. I don't know if he is going to be a dominant offensive force but certainly will become a solid two-way center that every top 6 needs, even if that is a number two center.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Crazy. Im watching Ottawa vs Buffalo right now.

Tkachuk, Verronneau, Chabot, Wolanin, White and balcers are all playing big minutes for the Sens.

Oloffsson, Dahlin are all player big minutes for the Sabres. Honestly I cant wait for these two teams to leapfrog us in talent like so many have done before. Then well wonder what happened again with all our prospect depth, some will blame Timmins, others may blame the players. I personally know who the culprits are.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->