Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part VIII) - Pretty Mintniemi Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully he can have a Dubois type progression at 19 and puts up 45-50 points and then ~60 points at 20 years old.

Danault will always get ~18 min/game regardless of what Kotka gets due to being relied on defensively/PK.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hopefully he can have a Dubois type progression at 19 and puts up 45-50 points and then ~60 points at 20 years old.

Danault will always get ~18 min/game regardless of what Kotka gets due to being relied on defensively/PK.
You know why Dubois progressed like that ? He got Panarin and Atkinson, the two best wingers in Colombus. He got a whole minutes more than he did before, and he was already playing 1 minute 30 more than Kotkaniemi is this year.

To get production out of your player, you need to play them. Can't have Danault playing 19 minutes, Domi palying 18 and Kotkaniemi playing 18, you got to choose what you're doing. You wanna go with Danault ? Fine, you may make the POs, you may win a few games, but you'll never be a great team, just like with Desharnais. You wanna go with Domi and Kotkaniemi ? You're most likely going to have more trouble, but you'll be twice as good twice as fast.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He is not ready for 2c, at best 3c
He should start the season at 2C if he has a good camp first.

Something like Tatar and Armia as wingers. At least give him one scorer.

Drouin-Domi-Shaw (EDIT: Originally I mixed up Drouin and Domi's positons, it's fixed now!!!)
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Poehling/Thompson/Evans-Weal

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016

Domi-Drouin-Shaw
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia

Gally on a third line... Bravo ! And Drouin at centre.... Ouch !!!!!!

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

Domi-Drouin-Shaw
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia

:scared::scared: Probably only a mistake between Drouin-Domi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If only the golden boy could learn from him

If I were Drouin, I'd fly off to Finland during the summer and train like an animal with KK and friends.

That said, I wonder how closely the Habs will be monitoring KK this summer? Will they have him train in Montreal? He's a great example and I'm sure, self-motivated.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Domi-Drouin-Shaw
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia

I agree a good camp which means he bulks up a little. If not, he should start at 3c. IMO, he needs another year on the third line. Still think they need to get another legit 2c center.

Also way too premature to pencil in Phoeling in the 4c. We have no clue if he is ready.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If I were Drouin, I'd fly off to Finland during the summer and train like an animal with KK and friends.

That said, I wonder how closely the Habs will be monitoring KK this summer? Will they have him train in Montreal? He's a great example and I'm sure, self-motivated.

If I were Drouin, I'd pass on Finland, and follow the yellow brick road to see the Wizard.

51rSyjm0TXL._SX425_.jpg

Reactions: cphabs and Fixxer

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I agree a good camp which means he bulks up a little. If not, he should start at 3c. IMO, he needs another year on the third line. Still think they need to get another legit 2c center.

Also way too premature to pencil in Phoeling in the 4c. We have no clue if he is ready.
Right, which is why he is one of three possbilities, but I do think he makes the club eventually.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd be very surprised if he's the 2nd line center next year in terms of TOI. Thompson plays some :20 seconds a game less then Kota has averaged. Although I hope he's not tied to Armia's hip next year. I haven't watched that many games this year but I know for much of the year it seemed like they were always together.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Hes been 3C all year and he did really well, leaving him to rot behind lesser players is just going to wreck him.

3c would not wreck him in the least. That’s where he should play if he is not ready for 2c he needs to bulk up to be able to handle that level of competition,

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Domi-Drouin-Shaw
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Omg coach, go to bed lol

Drouin at centre?

Tatar stays with Danault

Poehling starts in Laval

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If I were Drouin, I'd pass on Finland, and follow the yellow brick road to see the Wizard.

51rSyjm0TXL._SX425_.jpg

So you'd want Drouin to star in the Wizard of Oz? I could see it, he's a good actor.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Roll three top lines.

I accidentally switched Domi and Drouin. As everyone knows, I favour Domi at center.
If you roll three lines then why should it matter if Kotkaniemi's a #3? Tatar provides a creative spark which Danault can't do consistently. Gallagher is a shoot only kind of player. Adding Lehkonen to this line is counterproductive. If your objective is to increase Kotkaniemi's minutes, that's fine. But as of today he can't handle it. His numbers are what they are precisely because he's sheltered. There's really no need to dismantle or diminish our most important and effective line (which is a fact universally acknowledged around the league by the way) in order to accommodate Kotkaniemi.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If you roll three lines then why should it matter if Kotkaniemi's a #3? Tatar provides a creative spark which Danault can't do consistently. Gallagher is a shoot only kind of player. Adding Lehkonen to this line is counterproductive. If your objective is to increase Kotkaniemi's minutes, that's fine. But as of today he can't handle it. His numbers are what they are precisely because he's sheltered. There's really no need to dismantle or diminish our most important and effective line (which is a fact universally acknowledged around the league by the way) in order to accommodate Kotkaniemi.

The label does not really matter. For next year, assuming he shows well in camp after a good summer of training, I'd like to see him get one scoring winger, some PP time and about 15 minutes per game. If I were coach, I would plan to do these things, but only if he shows he is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->