Since 1 year he played

- 66 NHL games
- Alote of Pre-season games
- Rookie Camp
- Assat Camp
- WJC summer camp
- Summer Habs rookie camp
- U-18 Tournement

And I didn’t talk of the North America adaptation (game style, new country, new culture, new language) and the NHL adaptation.

That ALOTE for an 18 years old kid !

Great decision and It’s not like he was the only young talent to be bench in his rookie year. Sean Monahan, Johnny Gaudreau, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin, Pk Subban are names that are coming in my mind

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Since 1 year he played

- 66 NHL games
- Alote of Pre-season games
- Rookie Camp
- Assat Camp
- WJC summer camp
- Summer Habs rookie camp
- U-18 Tournement

And I didn’t talk of the North America adaptation (game style, new country, new culture, new language) and the NHL adaptation.

That ALOTE for an 18 years old kid !

Great decision and It’s not like he was the only young talent to be bench in his rookie year. Sean Monahan, Johnny Gaudreau, Patrice Bergeron, Tyler Seguin, Pk Subban are names that are coming in my mind
That kid is an athlete, and I can't find any scientific evidence that 18 years old recover slower than peak/older ones.

Reactions: calder candidate

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
That kid is an athlete, and I can't find any scientific evidence that 18 years old recover slower than peak/older ones.
He's a twig. You really can't see how a skinny 18 year old playing a lot of games in his first nhl season doesn't just need a game to come back fresher and better?

Reactions: dralaf and Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Even Sidney Crosby would probably be tired after all the game he played since 1 years. And your not completely finish developing physically at 18

Reactions: dralaf

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think it's a combination of things. I think he knows he wants KK ready for the playoffs, but he needs to see what Weal can do. You have two bad opponents in LA and ANA so sub weal in and see what you have.

Same reason Folin is in right now. Juliens hoping to use Benn in Reilly's spot(BAD idea), and Folin and kulak creating a doubly physical bottom pair.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Don't think it's a big deal to give an 18 year old that isn't used to this many games and travel.

I'm hoping they give Leks a day off, looks like he could use a day in the stands to watch things. Also please just try him at RW, what can it hurt?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Neither me , i can confirm that anywhere i have find scientific evidence and i read all the book you suggest me ;

9781509800223_1.jpg

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I can see why they could bench him he had trouble with the speed and physical play but it isn’t new way bench him today against a slow team, a team that traded a a few player, after a few day rest... He should have been bench in the 2nd game in 2 night... He is 18yo he is not tried ( he confidence might not be where it should) not sure getting bench help... Seeing Weal almost seemlessy replace him I wonder if he wouldn’t have better to send him to the AHL after 9 games call calling back up after the trade deadline...

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
His 18 yrs old teeny body wasnt ready to compete against men in the best and most physical league of the world, plain simple, he has games and shifts where he looks totally physically outmatched, the NHL calendar is pretty charged too, its nothing against the kid, he will be great and has shown flashes of greatness, its just a matter of going through the process and acknowledge what it takes to become a reliable and consistent NHLer... Giving him rests and watching some games from the pressbox isnt a bad thing either, that will be a motivation to train very hard this summer to come back at the next camp stronger and with even more confidence...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yet Leks still get the call... sit the winger while you are at it Claude, you turd.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
His 18 yrs old teeny body wasnt ready to compete against men in the best and most physical league of the world, plain simple, he has games and shifts where he looks totally physically outmatched, the NHL calendar is pretty charged too, its nothing against the kid, he will be great and has shown flashes of greatness, its just a matter of going through the process and acknowledge what it takes to become a reliable and consistent NHLer... Giving him rests and watching some games from the pressbox isnt a bad thing either, that will be a motivation to train very hard this summer to come back at the next camp stronger and with even more confidence...

It’s exhausting mentally too. He isn’t prepared for that either.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I agree with the narrative that it was a smart and obvious move to give the kid a bit of a break. It’s nice to see some better choices being made here in regard to our young and developing players.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
What I see is a dinosaur coach scratching a young player to shake things up because his team is trending down. Easier to do that with a 18 yo than with one of our useless vets of course. I don’t believe the fatigue thing for one second.
Maybe, I don't see it as a problem either. When the team offer a no show at home in one of the most important game of the season, you gotta shake things up.

Funny Drouin hasn't suffered any fatigue this year no matter how lazy he's looked on many nights
Demoted to the 3rd line.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
As great has KK progress from rookie camp to the start of the season + every game he seem to get better even if he wasn’t on the score board each game he would give you a flash of skill with a deke or a pass but most of The time he seem out match and we seen less and less of these flashes. Those flashes probably blind us to the fact that he isn’t having much impact, He has been very shelter all year that way he only has 7or 8 pts on road games and 6-9pts in loses and almost half of is point come against non playoff team... He probably should have been bench sooner or sent for a few home game in the AHL... Is future is still bright it part of learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad