Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Just a solid 2 way center, if he can do what Plekanec did during his career for this franchise it's gonna be an amazing pick.
I like how a lot of his goals come from the dirty areas. The Habs have been missing a guy like that forever.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Just a solid 2 way center, if he can do what Plekanec did during his career for this franchise it's gonna be an amazing pick.

He and KK look promising no doubt. KK needs to add some bulk and atad more nastiness,but Poehling looks good to go already,can see him dropping the mitts.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
KK's going to be a franchise player, no doubt about that. Top 15 C in the league in his prime.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
He shoots the puck much better than I though. I'm thinking he can score around 20-25 goals a season in couple of years from now.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
What are hopes and predictions for this upcoming season?

I hope he comes to camp heavier and stronger. Should help him hold on to puck and win those battles down low more.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
What are hopes and predictions for this upcoming season?

I hope he comes to camp heavier and stronger. Should help him hold on to puck and win those battles down low more.

I predict 45-50 points, and a solid step forward. Skating and balance are definitely key.

I also predict a hesitancy from Claude to give him the ice time he deserves.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
He should be the 1st or 2nd line center from the get go, i.e training camp. Give him Domi on the wing and either drouin or armia on the other wing.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm expecting around ~50 points from him and a solid 2 way game with some PK time as well.

Hoping Claude gives him around 15-16 mins a game

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Time to start thinking about what we do have and not what we aren't getting. Here is what I'm hoping to get from a Sophomore Kotka.

1) More mental toughness and ability to deal with an 82 game schedule.
2) A quicker first step to give him that added fraction of a second as a play-maker.
3) A continuation of his good play at 3C with Lehk and Armia keeping play in the other end.
4) A graduation to 2C by Feb 2020.
5) A first line PP stakeholder able to maintain his position throughout.

I'm not worried about points per se as they will come given his talents nor his physical growth which we can't control. I like his lanky physique which bodes well for stamina and I don't particularly want to see him bulking up too much. Does anyone have any reports on his progress this summer?

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Time to start thinking about what we do have and not what we aren't getting. Here is what I'm hoping to get from a Sophomore Kotka.

1) More mental toughness and ability to deal with an 82 game schedule.
2) A quicker first step to give him that added fraction of a second as a play-maker.
3) A continuation of his good play at 3C with Lehk and Armia keeping play in the other end.
4) A graduation to 2C by Feb 2020.
5) A first line PP stakeholder able to maintain his position throughout.

I'm not worried about points per se as they will come given his talents nor his physical growth which we can't control. I like his lanky physique which bodes well for stamina and I don't particularly want to see him bulking up too much. Does anyone have any reports on his progress this summer?

Very well said.

I do want him to bulk up though, if he is going to reach his potential he is going to have to get much stronger as skating will never be his strength. Ideally, I see him developing into a Barkov/Kopitar type of player. KK will need to bulk up like they did as their mass and strength are conducive to success for their given play style.

Reactions: overlords

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Tomorrow will be a good day for Kotkaneimi eh? He can finally join the team at certain functions.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Yeah I don't really know there's too much headroom in terms of counting stats this year. That isn't me saying he'll have a sophomore slump or anything, but points are largely a function of role/ice time and there's only so much to go around and last year he was already about as good as you could ever expect in terms of scoring at 3C.

Danault and Domi will stay in the top 6 so unless Kotkaniemi can be part of a resurgent 1st wave PP and score lots on the power play there's just not going to be a ton more opportunity to put up points so 40 is probably the high water mark unless he forces his way into the top 6.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Yet he got benched numerous times for no particular reasons
He got benched for not playing well. That happens with kids and a little tough love was a good thing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->