Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Was a pretty solid game for J2K, glad he got an assist. He was more of our 3rd C tonight but I guess that's too be expected matching up with the leafs. Definitely didn't hurt himself even if it was a quiet performance.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Maybe his weight is going to be 180ish for the remainder of his career, he doesn't look like he need to bulk up with the skills he has.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe his weight is going to be 180ish for the remainder of his career, he doesn't look like he need to bulk up with the skills he has.
He lost a lot of battles today. He can be a lot more assertive on the cycle, and he should. I hope he bulks up to dominate the opposition, what ive seen today was barely acceptable, I want him to be the player I know he can be.

its the same deal with Jules and Mete.

Reactions: montreal

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
He lost a lot of battles today. He can be a lot more assertive on the cycle, and he should. I hope he bulks up to dominate the opposition, what ive seen today was barely acceptable, I want him to be the player I know he can be.

its the same deal with Jules and Mete.

I think what we saw was pretty acceptable, we have a damn good prospect on our hands :yo:

Reactions: Habby Gilmore

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Every time the challenge has increased Kotka had adjusted to match it. Rookie camp he adjusted. Pre-season he adjusted. Now regular season I’m excited to watch how he progresses every night :)

Reactions: Habby Gilmore

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I give no ****s about him barely getting by, i want a damn 1C.

Well I hope you're willing to give him more than 1 game...this is a kid who has been getting better every single game.

Are you willing to give him a 2nd game or is all hope of him becoming a #1 down the drain after tonight?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well I hope you're willing to give him more than 1 game...this is a kid who has been getting better every single game.

Are you willing to give him a 2nd game or is all hope of him becoming a #1 down the drain after tonight?
Willing to give him however long it takes him to be a 1C. But if this is how he plays in the 9th game, he has to go back

Reactions: montreal

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Can somebody please clarify how to properly pronounce his name, when he got drafted they clearly called him kot ka nemi and I have serious doubt they would get his name wrong on the draft floor, but in a recent interview with claude julien he refers to him as kot ka knee emi so what is it because I hate not knowing these things lol

Churla f***ed up. It's Kot-ka-ni-emi

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
So this kid... He'll be more of a Getzlaf 20-30 goal scorer with a pile of assists than a goal scoring center?
He looks like a lankier version of Koivu so far so I don't think he will ever score 20 goals. He's more of a playmaker .

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
He looks like a lankier version of Koivu so far so I don't think he will ever score 20 goals. He's more of a playmaker .
He's got a better shot though? I personally don't see the koivu comparisons, as great as he was for us.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
it's easy. He's the half son of madame kotka and antti niemi

Think kotka-niemi

It's literally that. In Finnish you can glue words together, just like German, and his name is an example.

Funny story, but Rasmus Kupari, ''the other Finn center,'' was actually born in the town Kotka, in southern Finland.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So this kid... He'll be more of a Getzlaf 20-30 goal scorer with a pile of assists than a goal scoring center?

His best talent is without a doubt his all around passing ability. Technically he can pull off all kinds of weird passes that nobody expects, but he also sees those opportunities, and I think evidently before they develop.

But don't give him space to shoot, lol.

Reactions: 417

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Willing to give him however long it takes him to be a 1C. But if this is how he plays in the 9th game, he has to go back
Why? Nolan Patrick stayed with Philly all season long despite having a really weak first half of the season.

Kotka faired very well. First game in the NHL against Toronto IN Toronto...hard spot for any rookie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad