Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree that Hischier skating is way better, but I still find Kotka IQ WAY better and his passing too.
Kotka strongest suit is his hockey IQ, he has great Defensive game and passing too.

I also compared those 2 because of the points Hischier made last year ( he also was playing with hall...Give a Hall to Kotka and I can bet 60p+) Give hall to Kotka and I can bet he will score 60p

Lets watch his 9 games and then see. I am a big fan of Kotkaniemi and I agree with you on his hockey IQ and vision. He is also on a steep learning curve at the moment as well. I just am not sure if he is going to be as good so quick for us. He is a very young 18

Reactions: DAChampion

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
According to his father Jesperi studied history of Montreal Canadiens before flying to Montreal this summer, and studies french and is determined to learn the languague.

He also got good tips from Koivu, on how much the media will pay attention to him and whatever he does.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
I dont usually put much stock in nicknames but one crossed my mind so I cant resist....

Jesperi Kotkaniemi...JK....The Joker

As in the Joker strikes again!

Or whatever....better than Coconut for me anyways.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I dont usually put much stock in nicknames but one crossed my mind so I cant resist....

Jesperi Kotkaniemi...JK....The Joker

As in the Joker strikes again!

Or whatever....better than Coconut for me anyways.
J2K since he will also be the first ever player born in the 2000s to play in a Big Four North American professional sports league.

That distinction will be permanent, and he will forever be born in 2000, so it can stick on his nickname, why not?

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Capture.png

Now acceptable nicknames for Kotkaniemi: Sporty Spice, Spice Bae.

MC94

May 13, 2018
Can somebody please clarify how to properly pronounce his name, when he got drafted they clearly called him kot ka nemi and I have serious doubt they would get his name wrong on the draft floor, but in a recent interview with claude julien he refers to him as kot ka knee emi so what is it because I hate not knowing these things lol

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
Can somebody please clarify how to properly pronounce his name, when he got drafted they clearly called him kot ka nemi and I have serious doubt they would get his name wrong on the draft floor, but in a recent interview with claude julien he refers to him as kot ka knee emi so what is it because I hate not knowing these things lol

bergy said that him and clode have trouble pronouncing his name ... so they just call him kk. pierre houde should get it right tonight

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
YES-per-ee kote-kuh-nee-EM-ee

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

MC94

May 13, 2018
Lets watch his 9 games and then see. I am a big fan of Kotkaniemi and I agree with you on his hockey IQ and vision. He is also on a steep learning curve at the moment as well. I just am not sure if he is going to be as good so quick for us. He is a very young 18
I dont think many people expected hischier to be as good as he was eather in fact I remember it being a bit of a shocker for him being picked 1st overall sound familier? (Kotka picked 3rd I know deeper top 3 tho) I think he could impress big time but maybe im just being extremely hopefull guess we will find out

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
According to his father Jesperi studied history of Montreal Canadiens before flying to Montreal this summer, and studies french and is determined to learn the languague.

He also got good tips from Koivu, on how much the media will pay attention to him and whatever he does.

Kids doing everything right. But he needs to be that 1C and if he develops into that, well Montreal will be his.

And good old Koivu. We need to offer him something with the team if he is interested.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
First line center wrote all over him... Im not even mad anymore we missed on Svechnikov by so little... Svech is obviously the most purely skilled of the 2 but Kotka is sooooo smart!!!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Don't even bring him for the camp they said, leave him in Finland they said...

photo-1504350440606-81847d413a13

Shake your damn head!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

jaytookay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->