Prospect Info: Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I never liked the idea of rushing a player. However, this is where sound hockey decisions happen -- we need competent staff to make the right decision.

Having Bouchard and Ducharme on board provides insurance in this regard.

MB is on top of the pyramid.

We believe that coaches make the coaching decisions and I never particularly questioned this with MT at the helm because there were several times MB went out and got players that MB didnt give the time of day.

With CJ I dont know. Did CJ really want Drouin at C , at least all year ? Did CJ not want to give Chucky a shot at C ever , even when Chucky improved his overall game ? Answers could certainly be yes. There is legitimate cause to speculate though that MB may have dictated a thing or two.

So I wonder about the right decision being made. It certainly could be that Kotkaniemi is one of the 4 best C we have, but not because he is ready, but because we stink at C.

As I have said , I just want him back at Liiga for the year. Bring him over when his season over there is done, let him play some games.

Its the 2019-20 season that we should be looking at as a possible start season for Kotkaniemi and Poehling to be in the AHL/NHL.

We also have several C players to give chances to and see what they have, be it at the NHL or AHL level, because when Kotkaniemi and Poehling come , they will not be playing in the ECHL.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Call me crazy but in some highlights, he reminds me of Radulov some time. (The protection the puck and passing ability).

I know he is a center and is style it's like Kopitar/Barkov, but in some highlights he looks like Radulov ^^

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
You forgot, also new arena, new fanbase close to the city of Montreal... I haven't looked into it but I would imagineiit has to be up in it he echelon of best places to develop now. A call up means you cross the street to the bell (figure of speech) no bus no plane no hotel.

Exactly, yes a lot of things have gone wrong, and were done wrong last few years, but we have lots going for us..

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
MB is on top of the pyramid.

We believe that coaches make the coaching decisions and I never particularly questioned this with MT at the helm because there were several times MB went out and got players that MB didnt give the time of day.

With CJ I dont know. Did CJ really want Drouin at C , at least all year ? Did CJ not want to give Chucky a shot at C ever , even when Chucky improved his overall game ? Answers could certainly be yes. There is legitimate cause to speculate though that MB may have dictated a thing or two.

So I wonder about the right decision being made. It certainly could be that Kotkaniemi is one of the 4 best C we have, but not because he is ready, but because we stink at C.

As I have said , I just want him back at Liiga for the year. Bring him over when his season over there is done, let him play some games.

Its the 2019-20 season that we should be looking at as a possible start season for Kotkaniemi and Poehling to be in the AHL/NHL.

We also have several C players to give chances to and see what they have, be it at the NHL or AHL level, because when Kotkaniemi and Poehling come , they will not be playing in the ECHL.

Claude gave Galchenyuk a shot at center, albeit not much of one

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Im lost i also just read 3-0 finland what kind of match is he playing? I thought it was his preseason match with assets wich i just checked isn’t in the line up and is indeed in 20min

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
he really has an underrated wrist shot.

The time I realized that Kotkaniemi can score goals with his shot, is the time I was OK with picking him over Zadina. I love goal scoring centers with size and skill and play making vision. He may or many not be a #1C but most fans from across the league think he is a safe #2C at worse.

Very much looking forward to seeing how much Kotkaniemi grows in his draft year +1. We have to remember he is 8 or 9 months younger vs Zadina.

We got a good one here people.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The time I realized that Kotkaniemi can score goals with his shot, is the time I was OK with picking him over Zadina. I love goal scoring centers with size and skill and play making vision. He may or many not be a #1C but most fans from across the league think he is a safe #2C at worse.

Very much looking forward to seeing how much Kotkaniemi grows in his draft year +1. We have to remember he is 8 or 9 months younger vs Zadina.

We got a good one here people.

yeah I think the same went for me. I was on the Zadina train up until a few days before the draft. It may have been seeing his goals. It's obviously not Zadina's shot but I was pretty impressed with it espeically since it wasn't his bread and butter. Love this pick more and more.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Not sure what he did to that player trying to defend against him in that goal clip, but it was good lmao! Nice hands and skating!!!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Wicked shot. Kotkaniemi started to grow on me the last month or so before the draft. Goal scoring centres are worth their weight in gold. This pick is still looking good imo.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Not sure what he did to that player trying to defend against him in that goal clip, but it was good lmao! Nice hands and skating!!!
That's the next Alzner defending him there by the looks of it :laugh:

By the score sheet he was #1C and 72% (13/18) on the draws which is great to see

Reactions: Acadien86

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
That's the next Alzner defending him there by the looks of it :laugh:

By the score sheet he was #1C and 72% (13/18) on the draws which is great to see
I think Kotka decided, or even better planned, to use the defender as a screen. I know they are still kids out there, but they are the best of the best... I don’t care if people laugh at this, but the kid reminds me a lot of Mario Lemuix. Especially on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->