Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Glad you're drawing back in, kid. Your time to shine. I think he's gonna bring it. Again, it's not like this kid has shown absolutely nothing. He was fantastic last playoffs.

I know people hate excuses but he played more competitive hockey than anyone on the team this year. I'm sure that played a part. I think the rest will do him good.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
who the f*** is julkki and why is he offering him up in the main board trade thread? the offers in there are atrocious and pathetic

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Glad you're drawing back in, kid. Your time to shine. I think he's gonna bring it. Again, it's not like this kid has shown absolutely nothing. He was fantastic last playoffs.

I know people hate excuses but he played more competitive hockey than anyone on the team this year. I'm sure that played a part. I think the rest will do him good.

he's not in yet and he played more hockey then anyone on the team not named Suzuki. They were the only 2 to play in every game. Edmundson and Petry played 1 less game, Romanov 2, Danault 3, Anderson/Toffoli 4 and then no other player on the team played in over 50 games (KK/Suzuki played in 56).

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
he's not in yet and he played more hockey then anyone on the team not named Suzuki. They were the only 2 to play in every game. Edmundson and Petry played 1 less game, Romanov 2, Danault 3, Anderson/Toffoli 4 and then no other player on the team played in over 50 games (KK/Suzuki played in 56).

Didn't realize that one... Interesting, and really, a further kick in the teeth to the kid by the coaches/organization to then not play him in game 1 of the series.

That's the kind of slap in the face that an athlete remembers, and could very well affect how hard they negotiate in future contracts.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I also meant with his liiga play

Reactions: montreal

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
of course he can do what he likes, I'm pointing out the idiocy of the offers and the ridiculous twitchiness of habsfan who feel compelled
to give up on this kid so quickly
The ppl in that thread giving up on him weren’t habs fans. I don’t see the point of posting those types of threads in the main boards, as leafs/habs fans always get hammered there. There’s a bit of jealousy/hatred there that’s irrational. Prospects like Suzuki are always well regarded until we acquire them etc. That’s the nature of those boards. However if that one poster is interested in having a discussion then he is free to do so. It wouldn’t be my choice, but whatever, it changes nothing.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The ppl in that thread giving up on him weren’t habs fans. I don’t see the point of posting those types of threads in the main boards, as leafs/habs fans always get hammered there. There’s a bit of jealousy/hatred there that’s irrational. Prospects like Suzuki are always well regarded until we acquire them etc. That’s the nature of those boards. However if that one poster is interested in having a discussion then he is free to do so. It wouldn’t be my choice, but whatever, it changes nothing.
agreed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Didn't realize that one... Interesting, and really, a further kick in the teeth to the kid by the coaches/organization to then not play him in game 1 of the series.

That's the kind of slap in the face that an athlete remembers, and could very well affect how hard they negotiate in future contracts.
I hope he does. Its his career and they mishandled him so bad.

But sadly Jesperi doesnt seem to grasp this, he looks happy to be along for the ride. Reality of being a child prodigy.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I hope he does. Its his career and they mishandled him so bad.

But sadly Jesperi doesnt seem to grasp this, he looks happy to be along for the ride. Reality of being a child prodigy.

I get a different read... He's a coache's son and seems to have that team-first/ego-2nd mindset firmly burnt in his brain. He might actually benefit from being a bit more selfish, especially in this toxic organization

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I get a different read... He's a coache's son and seems to have that team-first/ego-2nd mindset firmly burnt in his brain. He might actually benefit from being a bit more selfish, especially in this toxic organization
He is for sure. Hes also very young and probably does not realize that his career is on the line.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Get er done KK. Play hard and so well they can't take you out of the lineup. Make your linemates better instead of the other way around.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He is for sure. Hes also very young and probably does not realize that his career is on the line.

Only his Mtl career, sadly.

If we don't smarten up, he'll end up shipped out of town for pennies on the dollar... But with the intangible qualities he does posses, I don't doubt he'll shine once he fully physically matures, and whichever team is willing to invest in his success will reap huge lint term rewards

habmercy

Aug 19, 2017
I hear KK has been trying out a shorter stick. It would be intereting to see if he uses one tonight. Adam Oates does a lot of work with NHl players in the form of a consultant on skill and I have hear a couple oftimes him talking about getting players to use a shorter stick. Just reminds me to the point above about getting some feedback from a third party. It would be nice to know who if anyone has advised him on the shorter stick.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I'm a big fan, both my parents are from Finland and I have almost all my hundreds of relatives there. I speak the language, go to Finland and love it. I'm not a KK hater. Kid has the Finnish trait Sisu in spades.

but I'm also realistic. He sat the first playoff game after over a week of rest. The organization decided he wasnt good enought to play on a marginal team. The kid is in his third year and it's time to start to show up or go home. He's been put in every situation to succeed. Good linemates, PP time etc. But you cant keep putting a player out there who simply isnt producing. Easy to blame EVERYONE else. It's not like his career is over. He's a big lanky kid who will improve with more strength , but he has no elite skills. After next year the young age excuse will be gone. He has to start to show.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
I hear KK has been trying out a shorter stick. It would be intereting to see if he uses one tonight. Adam Oates does a lot of work with NHl players in the form of a consultant on skill and I have hear a couple oftimes him talking about getting players to use a shorter stick. Just reminds me to the point above about getting some feedback from a third party. It would be nice to know who if anyone has advised him on the shorter stick.

Guy Carbonneau, one of the best defensive forward in the history of the NHL, always had the shortest stick he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad