Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
How did you reach this conclusion? Because unlike the poster who I just quoted, I made no such assumption

I would agree the truth is somewhere in the middle. I was arguing the notion that the Habs blew the development of guys like McCarron, De la Rose or Leblanc, etc.

You can make an argument for some players, not those IMO.

I don't really believe Jacob De la Rose would be a different player today had he been drafted by say....the Tampa Bay Lightning.

He is what he is...sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss.

It may be that those guys didn't have greater potential, but either way the Habs did not give them a legit best chance.

Some guys get every opportunity to succeed and still fail: Hudson, Andrighetto, Desharnais, Drouin, etc.

Reactions: Wats and 417

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How did you reach this conclusion? Because unlike the poster who I just quoted, I made no such assumption

I would agree the truth is somewhere in the middle. I was arguing the notion that the Habs blew the development of guys like McCarron, De la Rose or Leblanc, etc.

You can make an argument for some players, not those IMO.

I don't really believe Jacob De la Rose would be a different player today had he been drafted by say....the Tampa Bay Lightning.

He is what he is...sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss.
The point is you cant say all these players were destined for this, the same way you cant say all these players were destined to be NHLer.

The reality is probably closer to 50% had a career in them and 50% did not.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The point is you cant say all these players were destined for this, the same way you cant say all these players were destined to be NHLer.

The reality is probably closer to 50% had a career in them and 50% did not.
Agreed...that's the point I was making.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Staple 20-yr old JKO to the bench, get blown out by a non-playoff team who plays a waiver-wire 21-yr old Mete 23+min...

Sums up MB tenure perfectly.

Cue the "young guys gotta earn it, ours don't deserve it" crowd lol... Pathetic.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I would like tonsee KK having more ice time but he doesnt look like hungry. He should playing euro/ahl for growing his confidence. He showed some nice flash but I would like to see a KK more competitive. Staal has no reason to play more than him thought. He is young and will progress but he needs to get it sooner

Reactions: Ozmodiar

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We’re going to ruin him like we do with all young players. Some people wonder why we can’t develop.

If they can't commit to developing him at the NHL level, they should trade him to a team that will. No point keeping him around as they can't send him back to the AHL (no more waiver eligible).

Liiga is the only option. Don't sign your next contract and play in Liiga like Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Gravity

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If they can't commit to developing him at the NHL level, they should trade him to a team that will. No point keeping him around as they can't send him back to the AHL (no more waiver eligible).

Liiga is the only option. Don't sign your next contract and play in Liiga like Puljujarvi.

Kotkaniemi should consider walking away from the Habs and playing in the KHL.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He looks lost out there, doesn't even dictate the flow of the puck in the offensive zone. Not good when Evans is taking a step up, and KK is regressing. Then again the entire team was 'blah' tonight too.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Laughable to see people comparing JK to other simili prospectst we had before. So they do mishandle JK's development hence they surely mishandled McCarron and Cie...lol. AT one point we ask the organization to develop each and every one of our prospects on a path of its own....but we SUDDENLY put everybody together to try to prove a point?

JK WAS mishandled. And still is. Big time. It should have been his 1st year in the NHL this year. AT center. With good linemates. And he would have looked better 'cause the previous 2 years would have served to build his confidence at C. 1 year as a C in Liigan, 1 year as a C in Laval with Bouchard. Recipe for f***ing success. But in no way shape or f***ing form is that similar to McCarron, Scherbak or f***ing De la Rose.

Was JK a typical 3rd overall. No he wasn"t, But we HAD to pck 'cause of how Timmins f***ed up the centermen position in the last 18 years. I would not have picked Tkachuk. I would have went Zadina or Hughes. I would have been wrong. BUT I'M NOT PAID MILLIONS TO DO THAT JOB SO WHO CARE WHO I WANTED!

It's CLEAR that you can make something out of JK. Clear. But people will REALLY try to say that it was clear that you could have made offensive players out of McCarron or De la Rose. Are you f***ing mad? I guess between those incredible supposed years 03-07 when we were developing 20 players per year, that it was clear that Fischer should have become Nick Lidstrom or that Cory Urquhart should have been much better than Patrice Bergeron too?

So fire EVERY f***ing body from the OWNER to DEVELOPMENT to SCOUTING PRO AND AMATEUR. Keep Bouchard. That's it. Name a president hockey, name a GM, that will clearly choose another coach, unload the vets, TANK the next 3 years, win the f***ing lotteries, get f***ing Bedard, and kill the rest of the league after.

Tabarnak.

Going to sleep.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Laughable to see people comparing JK to other simili prospectst we had before. So they do mishandle JK's development hence they surely mishandled McCarron and Cie...lol. AT one point we ask the organization to develop each and every one of our prospects on a path of its own....but we SUDDENLY put everybody together to try to prove a point?

JK WAS mishandled. And still is. Big time. It should have been his 1st year in the NHL this year. AT center. With good linemates. And he would have looked better 'cause the previous 2 years would have served to build his confidence at C. 1 year as a C in Liigan, 1 year as a C in Laval with Bouchard. Recipe for f***ing success. But in no way shape or f***ing form is that similar to McCarron, Scherbak or f***ing De la Rose.

Was JK a typical 3rd overall. No he wasn"t, But we HAD to pck 'cause of how Timmins f***ed up the centermen position in the last 18 years. I would not have picked Tkachuk. I would have went Zadina or Hughes. I would have been wrong. BUT I'M NOT PAID MILLIONS TO DO THAT JOB SO WHO CARE WHO I WANTED!

It's CLEAR that you can make something out of JK. Clear. But people will REALLY try to say that it was clear that you could have made offensive players out of McCarron or De la Rose. Are you f***ing mad? I guess between those incredible supposed years 03-07 when we were developing 20 players per year, that it was clear that Fischer should have become Nick Lidstrom or that Cory Urquhart should have been much better than Patrice Bergeron too?

So fire EVERY f***ing body from the OWNER to DEVELOPMENT to SCOUTING PRO AND AMATEUR. Keep Bouchard. That's it. Name a president hockey, name a GM, that will clearly choose another coach, unload the vets, TANK the next 3 years, win the f***ing lotteries, get f***ing Bedard, and kill the rest of the league after.

Tabarnak.

Going to sleep.

At least a few of the players you mentionned shouldve panned into something... a fourth line grinder, heck, even a 13th forward.

Reactions: Miller Time

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Tabarnak.

Going to sleep.
Bouchard has a great reputation. Maybe he's exactly what the big club needs.

Whatever... I hate seeing what we're doing here. AGAIN.

Reactions: Saxon and Gravity

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The contrast of how Mete's year is going vs JKO's says it all...

Even the JKO critics would have a hard time arguing that Mete looked like a better NHL player than JKO 2 months ago... And tonight?

24min in a 5-1 win vs 12min in a 5-1 loss... Nuff said.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I feel like I somehow see a different game than some of y’all. Danault sucked ball sacks for how long? Nothing changed for him. Suzuki sucked for how long? Nothing changed for him. KK? Uh oh he coughed up the puck. Sit for the rest of the game. How the f*** y’all can’t see this???????? f***ing Habs fans. Y’all shouldn’t even be allowed to bitch ever about other fan bases. f***ing koolaid drinking...red, white and blue glasses wearing “fans”. I wanna say more but I don’t wanna get in too much trouble.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
The contrast of how Mete's year is going vs JKO's says it all...

Even the JKO critics would have a hard time arguing that Mete looked like a better NHL player than JKO 2 months ago... And tonight?

24min in a 5-1 win vs 12min in a 5-1 loss... Nuff said.
Exactly. Some teams let their youngsters go. Others punish them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wait, was there a mistake somewhere? Is that why he sat? I dont think so.

Cant be, otherwise he would have been sitting Danault who crapped the bed so many times I lost count... right?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lets say we can all agree that Jesperi himself needs to be better.

Can we also agree that Staal should never play ahead of him?
Can we also agree that he's been jerked around way too much?
Can we also agree that he has been creating chances and he's getting no puck luck?
Can we tone down the bust talk?
Can we be realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad