Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
From Natural Stat Trick line stats tool, on 5v5 (as KK only played 5v5 with them and the line was never put back together under Ducharme):

Toffoli/KK/Armia TOI : 54:52 GF 5, GA 1
Toffoli/Suzuki/Armia TOI: 100:42 GF 5, GA 2

I actually expected the Suzuki version to have more GF... :confused:

It looks like there might be a pattern, Kotkaniemi has done better then Suzuki with numerous top-6 combinations

Toffoli/KK/Anderson TOI 26:13, GF 2, GA 0
Toffoli/Suzuki/Anderson TOI 32:45, GF 0, GA 2

Drouin/KK/Anderson TOI 85:16, GF 5, GA 2
Drouin/Suzuki/Anderson TOI 247:04 GF 11, GA 11

Toffoli/KK/Gallagher TOI 29:22, GF 2, GA 0
Toffoli/Suzuki/Gallagher TOI 19:10, GF 1, GA 2

I didn't go through all the combinations, but there are bound to be some where Suzuki is ahead because a lot of combinations have low minutes.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
3. Management needs to decide if they want to invest in this guy, or they'd rather just cut their losses because theyve been handling him like a grenade.

This was one of the biggest mistakes they made with Galchenyuk. Fairly early on they decided he wasn't going to be a center on the team and they should've traded him then because his value was very high. Instead they held on until he had little to no value.

Regardless of anyones thoughts on how good KK will become, if the team doesn't see him as a top-6 center in the short term then they should trade him now while his value is still based on his potential. And if they do see him as a top-6 center, then act like it and put him in a position to succeed and develop.

Reactions: CLW

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I hope they find the right player to play with KK and Caufield. My first thought is it should be a pass first pkayer to find Caufield. My second is it should at least be someone who makes plays. So, Gallagher, Tatar, or maybe one of my least favorite Habs finds redemption feeding Caufield - Jo Drouin.

for now... i really think Anderson - JKO - Caufield would make a lot of sense to try out... JKO's playmaking is underrated imo, he has great vision and playing with Caufield with a few games to build chemistry I think would lead to some great impact.

Anderson would give the line the physicality and corner/down low presence to open up lots of space to really let skill/vision of the other two to shine.

Next year? I'd love to see us target Granlund. Feel like he would be a great fit with those two as well and could create a deadly trio while letting Suzuki to stick with Anderson/Toffoli and Gally on the other top-9 line with ???

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
for now... i really think Anderson - JKO - Caufield would make a lot of sense to try out... JKO's playmaking is underrated imo, he has great vision and playing with Caufield with a few games to build chemistry I think would lead to some great impact.

Anderson would give the line the physicality and corner/down low presence to open up lots of space to really let skill/vision of the other two to shine.

Next year? I'd love to see us target Granlund. Feel like he would be a great fit with those two as well and could create a deadly trio while letting Suzuki to stick with Anderson/Toffoli and Gally on the other top-9 line with ???

That would be nice. For now, I'm ok with the KK-CC duo getting anybody from the following top 9 as a winger, just no Lehkonen or Byron. While Gally and Tatar are out, Evan's or even Perry can fill in. But no Lehkonen:

Tatar-Gallagher
Toffoli-Armia
Anderson-CC
Evans-Perry

Try any one of these players with CC and KK, just no Lehkonen or Byron. I'd even give Drouin a very short tryout. But I just listed 9 players I'd try first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No, she wanted Zadina. I’m still taking KK over that guy.

Plus most people on these boards really wanted the Center, KK, and really didn't want the kid who only had 9 goals in College, Tkachuk...

Reactions: Paddy17

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
No, she wanted Zadina. I’m still taking KK over that guy.

She might have wanted Zadina but her reaction now isn’t out of place based on KKs play.

The Habs would be far better off with either BT or QH.

Reactions: 1909

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Toffoli became "red hot" on April 21st (scored unassisted goals) two games before Suzuki "woke-up". Their line didn't do much before that and they were together for multiple games.
April 16th ... Armia’s 2nd game back after covid, they were by far the best line. Toffoli had 2 goals, both assisted by Suzuki. They beat Calgary 2-1.

you’d know this if you were watching the game.

they’ve been the best line most games since that point.

Reactions: canucklover123

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
She might have wanted Zadina but her reaction now isn’t out of place based on KKs play.

The Habs would be far better off with either BT or QH.

Our center depth without KK would be brutal. We need him now and (more importantly) into the future. I still take him over Brady Tkachuk without thinking twice.

Quinn Hughes is an obvious gamebreaker, but nobody had him going 3rd so who cares

Jul 6, 2016
Plus most people on these boards really wanted the Center, KK, and really didn't want the kid who only had 9 goals in College, Tkachuk...

If so, why Tkachuk was selected 4th ? Because Sens have done their homework. They did not selected Zadina or Hayton.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Our center depth without KK would be brutal. We need him now and (more importantly) into the future. I still take him over Brady Tkachuk without thinking twice.

Quinn Hughes is an obvious gamebreaker, but nobody had him going 3rd so who cares

Our center depth is still brutal even with KK. So bad he was moved to wing and his spot was taken by JE.

BT or QH would make the the habs a LOT better.

Jul 6, 2016
Homework... For f*** sake they drafted a 55pts winger. Can't you guys stop acting like they snatched Pavel Bure for a minute.

If only you stop comparing KK with Kopitar or Barkov . This 55 points winger has impact on a hockey game. And soon, he will be on a very good team.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Interesting words from Toffoli about how teams are respecting Nicks shot now which is opening up passing lanes for him. Maybe if KK can start burying his shot with consistency it’ll open up passing lanes for him and then you get that synergistic effect where you can beat teams with a shot or pass like Suzuki is doing. Hope we start seeing it soon.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
This board would've been in meltdown mode on draft day if Brady was selected. Many were praying that we could select almost anyone but BT. Now all of a sudden he's the obvious choice and we made a huge mistake passing on him... hindsight I tell you...

Reactions: CLW and Ozmodiar

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
If only you stop comparing KK with Kopitar or Barkov . This 55 points winger has impact on a hockey game. And soon, he will be on a very good team.

55 pt winger progressing vs a 32 pt center who isn’t!

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
April 16th ... Armia’s 2nd game back after covid, they were by far the best line. Toffoli had 2 goals, both assisted by Suzuki. They beat Calgary 2-1.

you’d know this if you were watching the game.

they’ve been the best line most games since that point.

Did I say they were not the best line anywhere? No, I said I expected them to have more goals than 5 together at 5v5 considering their level of play which means the total opposition of what you believe I'm thinking.

And if you want to go back to April 16th, whatever. Toffoli had zero points in the next two games after that one, while he has 7 goals in 8 games since April 21st. The only game where he didn't have any in that stretch is when Caufield took Armia's spot on the line. And my comment the two time that line was broken since then was that it was stupid, they are the only one producing anything.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The winger is again on pace for almost 100 penalty minues on a full season and is displaying a -16 worst among OTT forwards.

He is at 34 points vs KK s 20 and plays 5 more minutes a game than KK, or something around 40 per cent more.

Jul 6, 2016
The winger is again on pace for almost 100 penalty minues on a full season and is displaying a -16 worst among OTT forwards.

He is at 34 points vs KK s 20 and plays 5 more minutes a game than KK, or something around 40 per cent more.

He is playing more because he is bringing more to the table than KK. And not only points.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You mean a 55pt winger instead of a 34 pt center.

KK will be a radically different player when he's 24/25 and has filled out/matured physically. You can take that to the bank.

How good he'll be offensively remains to be seen. But he'll be a radically different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad