Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You know, sometimes you wonder how our “fans” can be worse than other fans. I get people not liking Kotkaniemi, but these posts are getting really personal.

You would know!

Role players is an absurd comment.

Last edited:

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
KK seems to be in the doghouse. No ice in 3 on 3.
Ya. He’s for sure in barn when Danault is getting shifts before him. And I don’t think he played badly. It’s a shame. I love this kid, but they just don’t seem to want to progress him.

Reactions: Gravity

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
He should be taking notice from Caufield.

Even though CC plays with inferior teammates, he finds a way to make a impact or create something. That’s what good players do.

Yep CC and Evans have done that. I'm not worried about KK but seems like the excuses for KK are always about how he's being used, his lineamtes, his minutes, etc... At one point, you have to force the coach's hand. He's letting easy plays go right by him, even today on the Matthews tip, it took him a country minute to get to his point. Coaches will kill you for that

Still think he will have a monster playoffs, I feel it. He was getting his shots off today, hopefully with teams cheating on CC in the PP, opens up for a KK bomb

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
For sure it's easy for us to sit here and complain about the guy... Like I said a few weeks ago, I just don't see it happening for him going forward. I do not see him developing into a top player. Tkachuk was the pick to make, but easy for us to say now.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is moved in a big trade package and go after a true top 6 centerman

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Even though CC plays with inferior teammates, he finds a way to make a impact or create something. That’s what good players do.

funny you say this... Did you notice JKO getting time in OT? You know, where there's more space and time?

Nope. Evans? that offensive dynamo did, not JKO. Also didn't touch the ice in the last 5-6min of the game... you know, when the team was pressing for offense and loosening up the defensive coverage focus... this after the analysts watching the game were commenting on just how good he was looking offensively.

For whatever reason, coaching staff seems determined not to give him a legit shot at building some confidence. Keeps getting a short leash and minimal opportunity to grow his offensive game.

Reactions: Habs178

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
funny you say this... Did you notice JKO getting time in OT? You know, where there's more space and time?

Nope. Evans? that offensive dynamo did, not JKO. Also didn't touch the ice in the last 5-6min of the game... you know, when the team was pressing for offense and loosening up the defensive coverage focus... this after the analysts watching the game were commenting on just how good he was looking offensively.

For whatever reason, coaching staff seems determined not to give him a legit shot at building some confidence. Keeps getting a short leash and minimal opportunity to grow his offensive game.

He didn’t f***ing deserved it. He sucks since April.

Evans and Caufield were having good games.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He played a great game though? Is every game just blindly hate on KK now? Lmao

indeed... and saw his ice time taken away when the team was pressing the offense/OT... didn't touch the ice late in the 3rd, while even Lekhonen got some minute lol. Same in OT... riding the pine while the offensive dynamo Jake Evans gets some 3 on 3 opportunity. I don't get that, especially when he was playing pretty damn well through two periods and creating some quality offensive opportunities against leafs despite seeing ice time against their best...

Reactions: Gravity and Habs178

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He wasn't a problem today, I don't get the hate.

Him not producing when the other young players are really isn't a good sign and only so many excuses work, but I thought he was aggressive and had some good chances. His shot is good but he's a second too slow with it.

I guess this is why someone like Bergevin thrives in the Montreal market..impatient fans would rather sell low for another middling quick fix rather than show any sort of patience.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
KK should've probably had 2 assists tonight, 1 from a pass and 1 from a uncontrolled shot, both of which fell right in right of the goal line

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
He played a great game though? Is every game just blindly hate on KK now? Lmao

He absolutely did. Great on the power play, was passing it really well, including a back pass to Romanov that was sent over to Caufield who hit the cross bar. Anderson almost had one after KK fired a laser that squeezed through Campbell. Had a great hit on Reilly in the first.

Poulin on TSN highlighted his first period to show how well he was playing.

I’m hoping he gets on the scoresheet in the next few games to give him some confidence. If KK can really get going in the playoffs it’s going to be a big boost for the Habs.

Honestly I think posters are just trying to find all the negatives in his game or are not watching.

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
For reference here's a list of every center taken in the first 2 rounds in 2018

13MontrealJesperi KotkaniemiC165224062
15ArizonaBarrett HaytonC34347
113DallasTy DellandreaC26325
118ColumbusLiam FoudyC22044
119PhiladelphiaJay O'BrienC
120Los AngelesRasmus KupariC3000
123AnaheimIsac LundestromC676915
130DetroitJoe VelenoC4000
233DetroitJonatan BerggrenC
240EdmontonRyan McLeodC4000
242CarolinaJack DruryC
243NY IslandersRuslan IskhakovC
251Los AngelesAkil ThomasC
254AnaheimBenoit-Olivier GroulxC
256MontrealJacob OlofssonC
258PittsburghFilip HallanderC
260WinnipegDavid GustafssonC26101
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax

I'm not sure that two OT goals right after a pass from the only dman on the team with any puck skills or offensive instincts proves this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->