Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Sucks that he got hurt, he was really starting to get into a groove while playing with Armia and Lehkonen. Hopefully he doesn't have any long term issues

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I don't know...we could take these hypotheticals anywhere I suppose lol

Well, you should. Because if you want to validate your own hypothesis that nothing could've had any impact at 18, you'll need to have some idea of the point where it could and why.

Reactions: Tighthead

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, you should. Because if you want to validate your own hypothesis that nothing could've had any impact at 18, you'll need to have some idea of the point where it could and why.
Do I? I don't think I need to have my hypothesis validated on here lol (not to mention that what you're suggesting isn't even my hypothesis, just your spin on it) so i'm good either way.

Look, i've never been a big believer in the "prospect X was rushed".

I'm not saying it's never happened but I think it's often used as a low hanging fruit to try to explain why certain prospects never made it.

Sometimes players aren't good enough and that's all there is too it.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Honestly, I hope he is out for a month where they take their time with him and it forces the Habs hand at realizing we can't fill holes in the short term so lets start to think draft and how we get the best possible chance at a lottery win. Moving Suzuki to center and/or calling anybody up from the AHL results in a depleted talent with our forward lines. It won't go well cause we have seen it with Drouin out

I've seen enough of this season to know that our forward group is too young and there are too many growing pains where they won't help us take the next step in the short term. Why stay in idle mode? It's dumb. Keep Drouin, Byron, Kotkaniemi out as long as possible. Rest anybody with a nagging injury. Call up Lindgren and test him more while we don't overwork Price. Trade Petry.

When you play poker and you are dealt a hand that is low odds to win, you don't chase the straight. Cut our losses now and fold. Regroup for next year and maybe we get lucky with a lottery win.

This Kotkaniemi injury and how the depth looks without Drouin and the Eagle should be an eye opener that we are not ready to take a step forward in the standings
You forgot the most important part,fire that clueless bargain hunting jackass.oh wait a minute which one?:badidea:

Jul 6, 2016
I really feel sad for the kid. What a rotten season for him.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
This is true but Petterson dominated the SHL at 18. He earned it and he wasn't falling down like Bambi all throughout the season. Kotkaniemi clearly lacks lower body strength and it's a concern. There is no way to spin that, ignore it, or try to compare his situation to others in a attempt to justify how we managed him.

He needs to be managed individually. However, it's too late now, we already bumped him forward in the development path. Now we have to deal with it as is today
I'm going to push back on that a little.
KK is a tall gangly type kid and those body types need time to neuro connect. Smaller guys it happens quicker.
I like the fact that I see so much growth in KK once he fills into his limbs properly. People say that he's doesnt work on his legs or his core. Such nonsense. He just needs time.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm going to push back on that a little.
KK is a tall gangly type kid and those body types need time to neuro connect. Smaller guys it happens quicker.
I like the fact that I see so much growth in KK once he fills into his limbs properly. People say that he's doesnt work on his legs or his core. Such nonsense. He just needs time.

Yes, he is a long term prospect. Nothing has changed with me from what we though on draft day.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The guy is wearing a mask plus he's 6'5 235. Who exactly is caving in his face? Weber is the only one and I don't think he's a fighter. Plus, like I said, the guy has a full mask on.

Hit him in the neck with a karate chop, the good ol' "Non, Brad".

Reactions: kevsavard95

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
Cant Weber or Chiarot do it? Zadorov is too huge for Max.

I would have liked a response from someone. Ideally weber or chariot, even if it wasn't at the moment it happened, at some point in the game go after the guy. Can't let our younger guys get shit on. Also wasn't he wearing a full mask?...maybe he felt untouchable.

Reactions: cphabs

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Some will argue, but it is definitely a dirty hit in my mind. He doesn't land on his neck without the momentum created by Zadorov's kick, it's just pure physics.. without the kick, he lands on his back or his butt and we're not talking about a concussion today.
His teammates thought it was a clean hit, they thought that it was all good, ever hear the expression "Actions speak louder than words"? I have and I try to live by it and I can guarantee you that if I was on his team last night I would have kicked someone's ass and I wouldn't really care which guy it was. A 19-year-old kid trying to make his way in the toughest league in the world got caught in a dangerous situation last night and the outcome could have been much worse. Not one of his buddies stuck up for him and that pissed me off much m0re than Zadorov doing his job, it was a complete show of gutlessness and it showed me much more about this team than I already despised about them. We did nothing!

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
You mean, had he graduated to the NHL as a 5th round pick following his draft year?

How unlikely that scenario would have been, what do you base the bolded conclusion on?

Brendan Gallagher is about the most predictable player there is, he is who he is and has always been this kind of player.

IMO, you could have had Gallagher in the NHL at 18yrs old, and he'd still be who he is today because well...that's just who he is as a player.
I agree with you. Gallagher has a kind of indomitable personality. But it does not change the fact that other players are more or even far more, emotionally fragile. Confidence is a funny thing, fleeting and hard to corral. It is a wondrous thing for those that possess it, and I hope bad things for those that destroy it in a young person, hockey player or otherwise.

Reactions: OldCraig71

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
His teammates thought it was a clean hit, they thought that it was all good, ever hear the expression "Actions speak louder than words"? I have and I try to live by it and I can guarantee you that if I was on his team last night I would have kicked someone's ass and I wouldn't really care which guy it was. A 19-year-old kid trying to make his way in the toughest league in the world got caught in a dangerous situation last night and the outcome could have been much worse. Not one of his buddies stuck up for him and that pissed me off much more than Zadorov doing his job, it was a complete show of gutlessness and it showed me much more about this team than I already despised about them. We did nothing!
Oh I can't disagree with you here, I wanted to punch my screen honestly, I couldn't believe no one stood up for him and I even said in the game thread that I wish I was rooting for the Bruins because they would never let something like that happen without retaliation. I find it disgusting that the only guy who tried to take someone's head off was another rookie in Fleury. Where was Weber? Domi? Chiarot? I don't get it..

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Cant Weber or Chiarot do it? Zadorov is too huge for Max.
I think last season's Max would have been dumb enough to do something. He's been really disciplined this year but I think it's also taken something from his game

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Do I? I don't think I need to have my hypothesis validated on here lol (not to mention that what you're suggesting isn't even my hypothesis, just your spin on it) so i'm good either way.

Look, i've never been a big believer in the "prospect X was rushed".

I'm not saying it's never happened but I think it's often used as a low hanging fruit to try to explain why certain prospects never made it.

Sometimes players aren't good enough and that's all there is too it.
It’s happening right before your eyes with a Primeau

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
We’re expecting Chiarot to go after Zadorov? Won’t be holding my breath - he didn’t respond when Price was snowed a few weeks back, so I hardly expect him to go after one of the biggest beasts in the league. He is soft as butter for a “rugged physical type”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad