Jesperi Kotkaniemi is the best C from the 2018 draft.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I hate seeing people complain about this pick especially Habs fans. Sure Tkachuck and Hughes are probably better picks for now but Kotkaniemi is certainly the best C from the draft. What do you guys think
Beating such stars as......

Overall as a 3rd overall pick impact hes been terrible

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hayton has 0 points in the ahl since being sent down. Would have been a huge deal if he was a picked by a Canadian team. Crappy year for centres so far. Maybe things can change let’s see.

anything less from being the best centreman from that draft will be a utter failure since he’s also the 1st centreman drafted in that draft. It be stupid if panthers dan decided to say ekblad is the best dman from the 2014 draft. Wtf

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
And Alex Galchenyuk was the best center from the 2012 draft.

...that doesn't necessarily make them good players.

50oss0.jpg

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
He was rushed to the NHL. Fan pressure probably had a part in that.

Fan pressure had nothing to do. Him being better than all the C's not named Danault at the time at the camp is the reason it happened. It shows how freaking awful the Habs were at C before. He definitely should have been sent back to Finland and I'm pretty sure this is an opinion shared by most Habs fans.

I personally don't get the hate KK gets. Of course he isn't as ready as Svechnikov and Tkatchuk, the guy was fresh into his 18th birthday and has yet to fill his frame.

I believe he is a great pick and will become a great center for the Habs, hell he already is...

Last edited:

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I bet Kotki can even beat toddlers at arm wrestling contests. No limits to the merits of this young man.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I don’t think I can name another center from that draft.
Same. I had to look it up. Only 2 centers taken in the top 10. Was very wing and D heavy in the 1st round. So sure, the OP may be correct but it seems more like it's because it was especially weak at center. At the same time, this class is only 20 years old or so, plenty of things can change.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
lmao imagine attempting to brag about KK's success when even the biggest homers amongst the Habs fanbase would admit he has been disappointing relative to his pre-draft expectations

What pre-draft expectations? He was always seen as a project we all knew it would take time for him to grow into his body and mature. He far exceeded any expectations his first year and then had the sophomore slump the next. Kotkaniemi is pretty much right where most would think he should be. The good news is he's only getting better. He hasn't even scratched his surface yet as regards to his potential.

I loved the pick then and I still do. I'm glad he's a hab.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Dahlin
Hughes
Smith
Dobson
Boqvist
Miller

so far have all been better than Romanov. I seriously doubt he becomes the best D in the draft might not even be top 5.
and theres still more to come with alexeyev, lundqvist,bouchard, wilde, bernard-docker, sandin, johansson and beaudin. This draft class is loaded with defensive talent and wingers: the biggest flaw was at center, especially game changing center. If the habs wanted one, they could've had it in sebastian aho in 2015. Just some food for thought if they took him over juulsen, they could've never taken such a player

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Well I certainly hope so... he was taken so damn high and the center depth was pretty weak...

there are quite a few deadly players that were taken after him tho that aren't centers that would have looked good on the Habs right now

Kinda seems like an odd thread to make.

I know Habs needed a center man real bad but I wish they woulda drafted the BPA and not positional need
Especially since a couple years down the road you have Domi getting traded because he wanted to play C and Danault likely leaving in FA because he wants to be 1C, and Suzuki ready to go.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Never agreed with the hype. He simply isn’t that good. Habs do a terrible job developing their young guys. He should have been in Laval all of last year.
I'm a Habs fan and its weird seeing both habs and non-fans hype him up. His career progress and trajectory seem very similar to Galchenyuk to me.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
You're a med student and still post like a 14 year old? Christ have mercy.
Only 14 year olds can think this whole thread is laughable?
It's a pathetic attempt to brag about a currently underwhelming player.

I fail to see what my profession has to do with that.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I hate seeing people complain about this pick especially Habs fans. Sure Tkachuck and Hughes are probably better picks for now but Kotkaniemi is certainly the best C from the draft. What do you guys think
Highest drafted center? You don’t say?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So what you mean is, he's better than Hayton? And... Sharangovich?

Yeah, yeah he is. Whee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->