Jesper Fast

richardsequalscup*

Fast like Lindberg is one of the better prospects outside the NHL that nobody hears about. Mostly because he's a Rangers prospect which generally get little press. He was one of the most productive young players over in Sweden playing against men as a 20 year old. Essentially, he's a better offensive, slightly less defensive version of Hagelin. He's a lock IMO to be a solid 3rd line NHL player. Possibly becoming a second line scorer.

William Karlsson taken in the second round by the Ducks gets a lot of hype. He's on the same team and is 19. The bottom line is that Fast is a better player and it's really not close. Yet, he receives no press. People will understand what kind of player he is very soon.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He's got some awesome speed.

Someone had to.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Fast like Lindberg is one of the better prospects outside the NHL that nobody hears about. Mostly because he's a Rangers prospect which generally get little press. He was one of the most productive young players over in Sweden playing against men as a 20 year old. Essentially, he's a better offensive, slightly less defensive version of Hagelin. He's a lock IMO to be a solid 3rd line NHL player. Possibly becoming a second line scorer.

William Karlsson taken in the second round by the Ducks gets a lot of hype. He's on the same team and is 19. The bottom line is that Fast is a better player and it's really not close. Yet, he receives no press. People will understand what kind of player he is very soon.

You're too new to be delivering such a smart, concise answer. I was under the impression that you can only know hockey if your post count is high.:sarcasm:

richardsequalscup*

You're too new to be delivering such a smart, concise answer. I was under the impression that you can only know hockey if your post count is high.:sarcasm:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Fast is a heck of a prospect. A little light physically. He needs to put a few pounds of muscle on but otherwise, he's pretty talented.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site

This isn't meant to be critical, but as a Ducks fan could you elaborate more on what makes Fasth the better player?

I'm not going to pretend to have seen either play just more curious about Karlsson's skillset and why Fasth is better in your opinion.

richardsequalscup*

This isn't meant to be critical, but as a Ducks fan could you elaborate more on what makes Fasth the better player?

I'm not going to pretend to have seen either play just more curious about Karlsson's skillset and why Fasth is better in your opinion.

Compete level, hockey sense, hunger and his shot. At times, it seems like Karlsson thinks he is entitled to things on the ice because he was drafted in the second round. Fast, who changed his name from Fasth, has a tremendous drive to make the NHL. He plays to his strengths all the time. He has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Karlsson plays "dumb" too often. Now, that can change quickly. Right now, I question Karlsson's motivation to make the NHL.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Karlsson is a great player in his own right, and he's not far behind. With that said, they are completely different players and should really not be compared just because they are on the same team.

His Beardliness*

Compete level, hockey sense, hunger and his shot. At times, it seems like Karlsson thinks he is entitled to things on the ice because he was drafted in the second round. Fast, who changed his name from Fasth, has a tremendous drive to make the NHL. He plays to his strengths all the time. He has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Karlsson plays "dumb" too often. Now, that can change quickly. Right now, I question Karlsson's motivation to make the NHL.

He was always Fast, officially, but he always spelled his name Fasth. As is name suggest he is a speedy guy and he also has a good shot. I think he has higher upside than Hagelin but he will need some acclimation and a lot of training.

lowdesertpunk

Jul 20, 2012
Sweden
His shot is not great just like the Rangers scout said about him (don`t know his name.)

He is a very speedy two-way winger. Needs to work on his physical play and to play more direct to make it in the NHL. Plays both PK and PP on HV71.

Fasth is two years older than Karlsson and they are not the same players at all. Could end up good NHL players both of them.

Fasth looks a bit like Matt Read on the ice.

richardsequalscup*

His shot is not great just like the Rangers scout said about him (don`t know his name.)

He is a very speedy two-way winger. Needs to work on his physical play and to play more direct to make it in the NHL. Plays both PK and PP on HV71.

Fasth is two years older than Karlsson and they are not the same players at all. Could end up good NHL players both of them.

Fasth looks a bit like Matt Read on the ice.

Fast's shot is NHL caliber. Anybody who has spent significant time watching him with a clue would tell you that.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
excellent

sounds like the rangers got a keeper in fast. should fit in nicely with their line up. thanks a lot for thee feedback all. much appreciated.

lowdesertpunk

Jul 20, 2012
Sweden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad