Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Getting married.
NNsiBIp.png

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Congrats to Jesper...got married in Greece. From the team Hank also attended the wedding, along with the two guys above.

Dij2rmJUEAEzZab.jpg:large

Reactions: Ori

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Fast is quietly sneaking up the games played listed.

Barring a significant injury or trade, he’ll pas Dubinsky this season and be closing in on Callahan.

It doesn’t feel like he’s been here that long, but it’s starting to add up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Fast is quietly sneaking up the games played listed.

Barring a significant injury or trade, he’ll pas Dubinsky this season and be closing in on Callahan.

This thread was started in 2015. Yeesh. Seems like just yesterday Jesper Fast and Oscar Lindberg were the future of this franchise. Things sure have changed.

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes, it is and he is a solid player. I am just not sure if there is a future for him here. For the near term, meaning this year, once combination of Kreider, Strome or Buch are moved, that will open up a spot for him on the third line. But once Kravstov returns, I am not sure that there is a spot for him on the third line. I know that there are variables, but I am not sure I am seeing his future as here.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Jesper Fast is like if Dominic Moore played his entire career with the Rangers.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Highest independent expected goals for on the team at 5 on 5. Only Panarin has a higher number at ES.

7 points in 14 games, while he has moved around the lineup. Hopefully he can move back into his 3rd line role soon, but I'm thinking he'll be on the top line for a while, even when Mika comes back. He'll let Panarin and Zibanejad do their thing and Fast can fill in the gaps.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I know it might not be the best idea considering age and player type, as well as he's likely to get a decent contract in UFA but if we can sign him for say a 2.75-3M AAV over 3 years I would.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Can, but should not. He is an at best third liner. That is no disrespect to him, but just who he is. And yes, championship teams have players like this. But given his various injuries, I would hesitate in giving him such a contract.

He's a hockey player, in every sense of the word. I think his talents are a little undervalued around these parts because he's not Russian and he doesn't dangle, but the guy is a player. I hate talking about players based solely on whether or not they should be resigned. The salary cap sucks and there's casualties, so who knows what happens with him. But I love watching him play and would tell any young kid starting out in this game to watch Fast as much as possible. Funny, I remember reading on here how the Rangers should protect Lindberg and expose Fast.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He's a hockey player, in every sense of the word. I think his talents are a little undervalued around these parts because he's not Russian and he doesn't dangle, but the guy is a player. I hate talking about players based solely on whether or not they should be resigned. The salary cap sucks and there's casualties, so who knows what happens with him. But I love watching him play and would tell any young kid starting out in this game to watch Fast as much as possible. Funny, I remember reading on here how the Rangers should protect Lindberg and expose Fast.
There is no doubt that he has been great for the team. But I do think that in a cap world, he is not long for the franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->