Injury Report: Jesper Fast: Hip Surgery, Recovery Time 5 months

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
No, I don't believe that has any bearing on his exempt status. Lindberg is available for selection by Vegas.

Isn't it the same situation as Brady (who is exempt)?
Not to mention his contract is up, so if we delay the resigning he doesn't need protection, same with jesper. Issue then is finding more forwards to fill the requirements

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No, I don't believe that has any bearing on his exempt status. Lindberg is available for selection by Vegas.

Isn't it the same situation as Brady (who is exempt)?
Not to mention his contract is up, so if we delay the resigning he doesn't need protection, same with jesper. Issue then is finding more forwards to fill the requirements

AHL seasons also count towards those pro-years. Skjei is in his 2nd year. Only 1st and 2nd year pros are exempt. Lindberg is playing his 4th pro season*

Players who are RFA, can be picked by Vegas.

* Only pro hockey in North America counts, KHL, SHL etc doesn't

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Ok someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Lindberg exempt as a second year rookie?
Only played one game in 14-15, so it doesn't count as a season correct?

Lindberg hits the NHL games requirement for the past couple years and he has at least four professional seasons in North America. It all counts.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Got it. So hes exposed, just sadly won't count toward meeting our requirement unless signed?

If signed, Lindberg, Fast and Puempel will meet the requirements. They need to sign one of them before the expansion draft. But even if Lindberg isn't signed, Vegas can still select him.

On June 18th, Vegas gets 3 days to negotiate with current RFAs. If they can agree on a deal, they can then select that RFA player with a deal already on paper.

sjosty26

May 8, 2013
Maybe he had the surgery last month, but they announced it today to persuade Vegas not to take him? :handclap:

I had a buddy who also had hip surgery recently and said Jesper had his surgery right before his own. I was told this while we were watching game 4 of the ANA/NSH series, so my guess is the surgery was actually two or three weeks ago.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV said that someone (now known to be Fast) was getting surgery the day or two after the media breakup day.

So, that was when he had surgery.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Is this one of the most celebrated injuries in Rangers history (with the exception of any injury Tanner Glass may have sustained)?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If Vegas are keen on Fast, why would they not take him because he'll miss a month or two of his first season with them? That seems incredibly short-sighted and silly...

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If Vegas are keen on Fast, why would they not take him because he'll miss a month or two of his first season with them? That seems incredibly short-sighted and silly...

Actually makes more sense to draft him and as mentioned in the Roster Building thread, it would allow vegas to put him on IR and now have to worry about waivers until late November

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Bummer, do they not need to sign a rfa before expansion so Puempel at cheap ?

Fast going to get less as an rfa now ?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Bummer, do they not need to sign a rfa before expansion so Puempel at cheap ?

Fast going to get less as an rfa now ?

Rangers need two forwards signed through 2017-18 to expose. They will probably sign Puempel for that. Lindberg and Fast also qualify but are currently still RFA. Vegas can still pick them though. This expansion draft revolves around protection first, rather than exposing first, like earlier expansion drafts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->